PDA

View Full Version : What's the weather like for you?

twirlyjoy
11-10-2010, 03:11 AM
Last night we had the first snow of the year here!!!! Only a few inches overnight, but it is still snowing now!!!

Emily made me laugh when she woke up and saw it. She said, "Well, its not very much" - we have only been in Sweden for a few weeks, but she has obviously forgotten that in England when we had this much snow, they would have had days off school!!!!!

Here's a photo that I took of the house opposite us, from my bedroom balcony at 7.30 this morning - not a great pic as it was still snowing and still quite dark, but you get the idea!

http://i758.photobucket.com/albums/xx227/twirlyjoybelle/100_3901upload.jpg

GripDesign
11-10-2010, 06:53 AM
Snowy in FInspång/Östergötland too!!!

twirlyjoy
11-10-2010, 07:01 AM
Snowy in FInspång/Östergötland too!!!

You are in Sweden too!!!!! I used to be amazed when I found other scrappers from England, but there are even less of us in Sweden I think!!!

Really great to meet you!!!!

People keep telling me that I will be fed up of the snow after a while, but I really think it is stunning, and am sure I will never tire of it!

GripDesign
11-10-2010, 07:05 AM
You have absolutley right about few digitally scrappers in sweden, its me and a few few others, but not many. More common to scrapp with real papers and so.

Where in sweden do you live?

twirlyjoy
11-10-2010, 07:09 AM
In Sundsvall, so further north than you, I think! Have only been here for 8 weeks.

Think I double posted cos I replied to your other post too about the languages! lol!!!

Really great to meet someone else from here :)

Dea
11-10-2010, 07:10 AM
thats so cool!

i live in north carolina. its currently sunny but cold (52 deg F) we are used to 90 (like it was a little less then a week ago). We definatly missed Fall season, but winter is definatlly coming! I am hoping for no snow this year, i moved here from ohio where it snowed 5 months out of the year to a state that i hoped would never see snow ( till the day after i moved here, it snowed. lol i think i brought it with me ). But i do love to look at it. but i hate having to go anywhere in it..

Snow definatlly makes a picture beautiful!!!!

GripDesign
11-10-2010, 07:13 AM
I saw your reply, it was me, asking the same question in two threads, sorry...Yes more north than me but not too faraway...:biggrin:

webdesignmom
11-10-2010, 07:46 AM
It's supposed to be sunny and 60 here in Ohio today which is a little unusual for NE Ohio in November. The normal weather here for this time of the year is cold with either rain or snow flakes. We rarely see above 50 my part of the state this time of year.

Dea
11-10-2010, 08:42 AM
It's supposed to be sunny and 60 here in Ohio today which is a little unusual for NE Ohio in November. The normal weather here for this time of the year is cold with either rain or snow flakes. We rarely see above 50 my part of the state this time of year.

Thats because i brought it with me down to NC when i moved. lol. :]

Blackthorne
11-10-2010, 08:44 AM
It is as mostly grey and dark with temperatures around 0°C,
the typical wheater for November. We´d a few sunny, allmost clear days though which was great.:biggrin:
Autum can be beautiful and golden,even rather warm here but this year it rained most of the time.:sad1:

Dea
11-10-2010, 09:35 AM
That sounds like my homestate of Washington in The USA. It rains there like 11months out of the year and stays around 55deg F pretty much every day. :]

A-M
11-10-2010, 08:18 PM
Lovely spring day here in this part of the world.

donakat
11-10-2010, 10:41 PM
We had a cold day here in SoCal--probably about 65 degrees Fahrenheit. :biggrin: To see any snow we have to go up into the mountains. We're supposed to have a Santa Ana (winds off the desert, hot & dry) soon, so weather will change again.

twirlyjoy
11-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Well, it snowed all day yesterday and stopped sometime in the evening. It looks absolutely stunning today so I will be wrapping up warm later and going out to take some photos before it starts again - we are forecast more for today and tomorrow! Which means that soon, we can skiiiiii!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pattie's passion
11-11-2010, 08:59 AM
Right now its cold and really windy. Started using our heater a couple days ago and our wood stove for the last week. Live in CA and I just started wearing my zip hoodie a week ago, especially at night.

twirlyjoy
11-12-2010, 01:48 AM
It's snwoing here again today - I absolutely love it! Am so excited, am like a kid! lol! Even after taking half an hour to clear the snow so that we could get the car out yesterday, I am still excited!! (Thank goodness we have a snow-clearing machine though - if we had to do it with a shovel I might not be so excited!!!)

Blackthorne
11-12-2010, 03:51 PM
That sounds like my homestate of Washington in The USA. It rains there like 11months out of the year .....

11 MONTHS a YEAR ? My god how brave you are not complain about it.
Don´t you have webs like ducks between your toes from that ??? ;)

Blackthorne
11-12-2010, 03:58 PM
Since 3 days we´d a heavy stormfront hangin´
above us which caused very strong winds and
quiete much damage. It is usual for this very
season but yesterday I could not stop freezin.
So I turned the heater on for the first time.
Today I need none ...... :dontknow:

Blackthorne
11-12-2010, 04:03 PM
Lovely spring day here in this part of the world.

That sounds wonderful to me though I´m suffering from
hayfever pretty much. But it also reminds me to my
visit of N.Z. Never had the chance before to bath my feet
in the sea on November 28 th I think it was. Amazing !!!

grammaj
11-12-2010, 07:37 PM
Beautiful day in Edmonton Alberta Canada today but I am sure that white stuff will be coming soon, this is unusual for us not to have some.

agarzaldynrd
11-12-2010, 08:16 PM
Joy, this is a great picture. When I saw it on Facebook it reminded me of the movie "The Holiday". Just love it. It was in the mid to upper 70s in Austin, TX today but the little cold front came in at about 7:30 tonight so it got a little cooler. Waiting for some cold air!!

Arizona Girl
11-18-2010, 07:43 AM
Not trying to make anyone jealous, but its nice and cool here, not cold, and not hot. Its been getting to about 70 degrees F and a low of 40 degrees F.
I do love where I live.

twirlyjoy
11-22-2010, 01:42 AM
Not trying to make anyone jealous, but its nice and cool here, not cold, and not hot. Its been getting to about 70 degrees F and a low of 40 degrees F.
I do love where I live.

Not making me jealous at all! As much as I love it warm in summer, I just love the colder weather here for the winter cos it means we get snow which means skiing! (And igloo building for the kids as well! lol!!)

Also, going skating on the lake will be a million times better than in a rink! We actually managed to walk on the lake a bit yesterday - not thick enough ice for skating across yet, but was enough to walk on the edge of it yesterday!

They even land light aircraft on it in the winter - can't wait to see that!!!

michellemomof3
11-22-2010, 06:55 AM
We are having the opposite weather here in Michigan. Normally it's about 45 or lower in November but it's supposed to be in the high 60s today. Not sure about everyone else but I'm loving it, I have the cold.

Flipp
11-22-2010, 08:15 AM
i like summer:wink:

ontiptoe
11-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Rainy and 45 here in NY and about 10 degrees above average in temp, we usually have snow by now but I'm not complaining. Where I am winter can start as early as October and last until May (yes I'm in the very north of NY). And since I have to pay someone else to shovel with hubby working out of town during the week and I'm home with three kids (almost 5, 3 and 2 months) I'll take the break from snow for my pocketbook! :laugh: It's pretty to look at though and I'm sure it will be here soon.:wink:

Blackthorne
11-22-2010, 04:54 PM
It is pretty cold outside now around 0° C and
we might get the first, rather early snow in the
next days. I don´t long for that as the past
winter was really heavy over here.:no::bye:

triciacurtis
11-22-2010, 05:33 PM
That sounds like my homestate of Washington in The USA. It rains there like 11months out of the year .....

11 MONTHS a YEAR ? My god how brave you are not complain about it.
Don´t you have webs like ducks between your toes from that ??? ;)

LOL, it's not that bad. It actually rains more annually in Hawaii and the east coast than in Washington.

Right now I'm in the greater Seattle area, and IT'S SNOWING.

Yes. This never happens this early in the year. We have a few inches and supposed to have more overnight with very cold temperatures. Not fun.

Blackthorne
11-23-2010, 07:40 AM
No real snow yet but a mixture of snow and rain
in one.:eek: I decided to stay home and to relax.
Hope tomorrow is a little better.:wavey:

I´d like to live in Seattle for a little while.
Saw a report on TV and it sounded interesting.

Darlene Currie
11-23-2010, 11:08 AM
Tricia, I've been watching your Seattle stations and you have it way worse than we do in Vancouver. We had about 2 inches of snow on Friday night and in most places it's gone. But the view of the mountains is stunning. But, it's freaking COLD! I don't ever remember a cold snap like this in November - I have flowers in my garden still! We get a bad rap with the rain too - it doesn't rain as much as our reputation says it does. We went 3 months from June to August this month with NO rain. I love it though because it's way more green all year-round than most places. But this cold has got to stop - I can't get my feet warm and I find myself in front of the fireplace more than at my computer!

Blackthorne
12-01-2010, 01:38 PM
Again, we had our first snow on Nov.26 th as in some years before. But it´s height is
different from one area to the next. While we only have a little dust of it on grassy areas,
the rest of Schleswig - Holstein is fightin daily against it.:confused1:
Not to speak from the rest of Germany.:head_hurts_kr:

bombalurina59
12-02-2010, 02:09 AM
Well here in Bavaria we've had our first snow this year and oh boy, did it snow!!! 3 days more o less non-stop. We've now got about 40 cm and like always everybody's been taken totally by surpirse! :wink: Excuse me!?! It's winter, right?:laugh: Temperature's rather low, about -5°C. More snow's supposed to be on its way - maybe it'll last until Christmas??

Blackthorne
12-04-2010, 02:48 PM
Warm 2nd - Advent Greetings to Bavaria and also the
Rest of the World.:love-smiley-011:
We have got some more snow on Nov.28 I think it was
and now it looks like a real winter too.Temperatures are
still rather low (till - 7°) but the icy wind makes me
freeze to the bones.
That all will soon have an end - They promised some rain
for this weekend, even worser: ICERAIN. Brrrr !!!:confused1:

Blackthorne
12-04-2010, 04:44 PM
We've now got about 40 cm and like always everybody's been taken totally by surpirse! Excuse me!?! It's winter, right?

Das denke ich auch immer, Andrea.
Wir beide sind sicher noch etwas mehr
Winter gewöhnt.

Pattie's passion
12-04-2010, 04:49 PM
It was overcast all day today. Right now its starting to get dark and is really cold. DH started a fire in our bedroom in the wood stove. Our heater isn't hooked up there so the wood stove is our only heat source.