PDA

View Full Version : 2011 Calendar Templates are Here!!!

triciacurtis
10-17-2010, 08:31 AM
The 2011 Clean and Scattered Calendar templates are now ready! Based on the same design as last year I have updated the dates for the 2011 year, plus turned them into 11 x 8 1/2″ versions as well. With each version – Clean and Scattered – 3 file types are included – PSD files with folders, all months in a single template; TIF version of the PSD file; and PSE ready templates with each month saved as its own PSD file without groups/folders for PSE users. Each version also includes a Mon-Sun version and a Sun-Sat version, so you’ll receive either 4 templates or 24 templates depending on the version you select (2 8 1/2 versions and 2 12×12 versions). Also a bundle with all calendars is available, and all on sale for a limited time!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/medium/_tricia/2011calendarbundle_MED.jpg
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/medium/_tricia/scatteredcalendar2011_MED.jpg
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/medium/_tricia/cleancalendar2011_MED.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=29_132)

DavisChronicles
10-17-2010, 12:56 PM
Love that these are in 2 different styles!
Great calendars Tricia!

SparkysGirl
10-17-2010, 02:18 PM
WOW! What a time saver! These are wonderful, Tricia!

Andrea
10-18-2010, 04:48 AM
These are great! :)

SlidingKat
10-26-2010, 04:35 PM
Have you found a way to fix the problem that you cannot click to select, because of the layer groupings? For example you can't click on a box for a specific day you have to scroll through each layer to select it.

I love the calendars, but I always forget and try to click to select (on the day box or my photo) and end up moving the entire set of boxes. It is frustrating, even though this is the best calendar set I've found.

triciacurtis
10-26-2010, 05:10 PM
Hi Katie,

I'm not exactly sure what you mean - is this a PSE issue or a Photoshop issue? I have created 2 separate versions, well technically 3 - PSD and TIF layered with groups/folders, and a PSE version where each month is its own separate PSD file with no folders/groups.

I just tried this on two of the PSD versions - I right-clicked on the January 8 box, selected the January 8 text, the folder was expanded and the January 8 box was selected. I was able to move the box and nothing else moved. Only if you have layers linked will all the layers move together. The 2 templates I just checked don't have linked boxes, and I don't remember linking any of the boxes - I do have the counties linked on the state templates to maintain the image, but not the calendars. Let me know if this isn't what you're talking about - I tried to make these to be as user-friendly and creative as possible! :)

SlidingKat
10-26-2010, 05:58 PM
In Photoshop when you open the file you start on one of the top layers (background, month, etc). If you have you move tool selected, with auto select checked, and click on a box...it does not auto select that day box like you would automatically assume. Instead it auto selects the top folder for that month. So if you try to move anything it moves everything.

For example you open the file to add a photo for the current day. You click on the box for that day and if like me assume it has selected the correct layer to clip to. Unfortunately it has actually selected the top folder (for example October). Then you drag the photo you want to add into that file (yes I know I could use place). After you drop the photo when you go back and use the move tool to position it it will move the entire layout, because the auto select selects the top folder rather than the layer you clicked on that is nested several layers down.

It gets frustrating, because I am so use to auto select selecting whatever I click on that I forget when you have nested folders it selects the top photo not the item you click on.

triciacurtis
10-26-2010, 06:03 PM
Okay, I just figured out your problem -

when you use Auto Select layer, the default option is Group - change it to Layer and it will automatically open the folder showing all the layers and select your specific layer - then when you drag in a photo it will be on top of that layer instead of the group, and then you won't move the group, just the layer. Try that, changing it to Layer from Group should work for you!

SlidingKat
10-26-2010, 06:05 PM
I'm using CS5 and if you are not in the folder for the day box you clicked it selects the top folder. If you are in the correct week folder it will select any day clicked on in that week. However if you click a day not in that week folder it auto selects the top month folder.

SlidingKat
10-26-2010, 06:08 PM
Okay, I just figured out your problem -

when you use Auto Select layer, the default option is Group - change it to Layer and it will automatically open the folder showing all the layers and select your specific layer - then when you drag in a photo it will be on top of that layer instead of the group, and then you won't move the group, just the layer. Try that, changing it to Layer from Group should work for you!

Okay that was simple and worked. Now all I have to do is decide between the format I used this year or get the scattered one...

THANKS!

triciacurtis
10-26-2010, 06:08 PM
I only have CS4, not CS5 so I can't see what's changed, but do you have it set up for Auto-Select: Layer? It works without any problems for me. Screen shots attached.

triciacurtis
10-26-2010, 06:09 PM
Okay that was simple and worked. Now all I have to do is decide between the format I used this year or get the scattered one...

I think our posting was delayed off each other - glad that worked for you!!

elenasworld
10-27-2010, 08:51 PM
Very cool calendar templates!

grammaj
10-28-2010, 09:31 AM
These are great!!

Debra
10-29-2010, 07:28 AM
Perfect for making Christmas Gift Calendars!! Thanks Tricia!

HollyS
11-01-2010, 10:45 AM
Love these! I bought them last year and will get them again this year!