PDA

View Full Version : Trick or Treating this year?

Debra
10-15-2010, 10:25 AM
Love this time of year and can't wait to take Hannah out trick or treating!

Anyone else taking munchkins out trick or treating?

donakat
10-15-2010, 10:46 AM
I wish I were! I just have to be content with seeing them come to my door. But unfortunately, these days there are so fewer kids coming around. We used to have hundreds, and I remember my childhood trick-or-treat days--both Halloween AND Beggar's Night forays into the neighborhood.

Darlene Currie
10-15-2010, 10:52 AM
My kids are too old and I don't have grandchildren yet. But I do have my neighbour's little girl and we do a pumpkin carving party every year. Looking forward to that. I always decorate the front for the kids too, and I always get lots of comments. I know there's a daily download coming up that might help some of you scrap some of your favourite Halloween pics though!

JAB
10-15-2010, 06:06 PM
We go :) We usually go to my moms since not a lot of people in our neighborhood celebrate. My kids still get excited to dress up and get candy- I still like to raid their bags after they go to bed and eat the good stuff...just kidding..sort of ;)

altimasport
10-15-2010, 06:50 PM
we will be going out trick or treating. We even dressup with the kids it's so much fun and the kids get a kick out of it! Last year I was a giant orange M&M. I'm not sure what is in store for this year....

agarzaldynrd
10-15-2010, 07:22 PM
We'll do the same as Dona...also sadly we don't get as many kids either. We will dress up at school on Friday so I'll look forward to that and then NEXT YEAR!!!! (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=88554&cat=all&limit=all) lol, had to throw that in!!

elenasworld
10-19-2010, 04:25 PM
We will be going trick-or-treating in the town center.
They start off with a hay wagon ride (about two blocks) and procession to the fire station where the children's costumes are judged.
They have all sorts of goodies like cider and hot chocolate, donuts, goody bags for the kids.
Afterwards, trick or treating starts and all the local businesses are handing out candy and the neighborhoods off the square go all out.
It is great because everything is in the same area. The beauty salon turns into the Haunted Parlor, the lumber yard transforms into a apple barn with bounce houses, bobbing for apple -- free hot cider, hot chocolate, hot dogs, kettle corn and toasted marshmallows. The houses go all out too. It is like a mini Halloween village.
It is great for us because nobody comes trick or treating to our house :( and neighborhood 'cause there is too much walkling involved.
Maybe this year we will actually get into the Haunted Parlor -- last year we got to the front of the line and people were coming out screaming, so Elena changed her mind.

Darlene Currie
10-19-2010, 04:35 PM
Oh my gosh, that sounds like so much fun and I bet there's a lot of community spirit. I miss stuff like that, so much of our innocence has been taken from us. Take some pictures!

michellemomof3
10-21-2010, 06:00 AM
We have 3 to take out, though this will be the last year for 1 of them. We usually go in my mother's neighborhood since she always wants to see the kids anyway. They usually only want to go about 4 blocks, then they are done so it doesn't take us long. We are also going "trunk or treating" at our civic center. They decorate the parking structure & people decorate the trunks of their cars & pass out candy. That is coming up this weekend.

twirlyjoy
10-22-2010, 01:27 AM
Funnily enough, we just had this conversation last night! I wasn't sure whether trick or treating was very big out here, but apparently it is! The girls have a friend who lives in town and they have asked if they can go with her, so am guessing that is what they will do! We live 'in the middle of nowhere', with not many houses and the few houses that there are are very spaced out, so probably not good for trick or treating!

webdesignmom
10-22-2010, 09:25 AM
My 9 year old is going but my almost 14 year old isn't.

triciacurtis
10-22-2010, 05:41 PM
We are taking little man to the big mall again this year. Last year he was 1 1/2 and just wanted to push the stroller around the mall, didn't care at all about the other kids or the free stuff. Last year he was a monkey and all you could see was his little tail swinging between my feet as we pushed the stroller along LOL.

This year he is 2 1/2 and is going to be Sheriff Woody/Sheriff Riley. This is such a fun age - I can't wait to see him in action!

Debra
10-25-2010, 05:21 AM
We are taking little man to the big mall again this year. Last year he was 1 1/2 and just wanted to push the stroller around the mall, didn't care at all about the other kids or the free stuff. Last year he was a monkey and all you could see was his little tail swinging between my feet as we pushed the stroller along LOL.

This year he is 2 1/2 and is going to be Sheriff Woody/Sheriff Riley. This is such a fun age - I can't wait to see him in action!

LOL.. 2 1/2.. I bet he's going to be adorable.. Holly's boys loved Toy Story also!

triciacurtis
10-26-2010, 08:04 PM
LOL.. 2 1/2.. I bet he's going to be adorable.. Holly's boys loved Toy Story also!

We got the final pieces today and he's been running around all night, and his new thing is "look mommy, I'm a toy!" as he collapses to the ground like the toys do when Andy or someone else enters the room! I told him he can't do that at the mall while trick-or-treating because it will hurt when he goes kathunk on the hard tile floor!