PDA

View Full Version : anyone use macromedia fireworks?

kenliesmom
09-30-2010, 06:57 PM
I have this program but never used it for anything other than changing the size of a picture. I am trying to do a layout but I am having a hard time trying to figure out the program.

:hairpull::hairpull::hairpull:

donakat
09-30-2010, 08:06 PM
Is there a reason you're using Fireworks instead of a photo editing program? Photoshop or Elements is much better suited to doing photo manipulation and scrapping layouts. Fireworks is more for web work. That said, I'm sorry I don't have any familiarity with specifics in the program, so can't help you there.

kenliesmom
09-30-2010, 08:09 PM
It is a photo editing program but as far as I know is also good for flash and stuff. Myt reason for using it is because I already have it and I dont want to buy another program after the trial is up.

I was just about finished doing my first layout and I got an error and I think I may have lost all of my work. :no:

AZK
10-01-2010, 05:25 AM
I was just about finished doing my first layout and I got an error and I think I may have lost all of my work. :no:

Oh no! I have had that happen before. You will quickly learn to save your work every few steps, assuming your program has that feature. I'm not familiar with your program either. I was lucky enough to have someone give me an ancient, badly outdated copy of Photoshop when I was first starting out and then upgraded to PSE when it was on sale and I had saved up the money.

Although I have not used it, you may want to try downloading a free program called Gimp. From what I've heard it has some limitations for scrapping but it sounds like it may be better than your current program.

kenliesmom
10-01-2010, 09:15 AM
Thanks for the help... I was able to figure out the progam and finished my first page.

elenasworld
10-01-2010, 10:32 AM
i hope you are able to recover your first layout!
i think losing our work has happened to all of us :(

i dont have any familiarity with your program either, so sorry i wish i could help