PDA

View Full Version : templates

grammaj
09-12-2010, 10:41 PM
Kind of embarrassed to ask this. I have been a member for awhile but I still need to learn alot about digital scrapbooking etc. I certainly have alot of kits though but when I use templates or qp can I upload my layout to the gallery? I'm not very good scrapbooking from scratch.

donakat
09-13-2010, 12:59 AM
Absolutely! Lots of people use templates with kits, as it's a good place to start. And QPs are a great way to learn about design and composition of a page. Please feel free to post to the gallery, we'd love to see your pages. If you ever need help, consult the tutorials or ask in the forum. Lots of helpful people around here.

SparkysGirl
09-13-2010, 03:26 AM
Kind of embarrassed to ask this. I have been a member for awhile but I still need to learn alot about digital scrapbooking etc. I certainly have alot of kits though but when I use templates or qp can I upload my layout to the gallery? I'm not very good scrapbooking from scratch.

Never be embarrassed to ask a question ... I bet other folks had the same question, and by asking it ... you've helped them too! Dona's right ... post away! We all used templates ... some more than others. They are a great starting point when you're learning or when you've lost your creative mojo and just need some help. Can't wait to see what you've been working on!

Maria
09-13-2010, 03:09 PM
Can I add something to this?

When posting QP to the gallery I would suggest that people type SAMPLE or water mark it across to avoid piracy. Even 600x600 qp are often grabbed for piracy (people sell them in a CD or even on the net. This way it will be useless for them. When adding the SAMPLE word across you can lower it's opacity, not to be so disturbing on your page (let's say to 40%) but it will still be useless for them.

SparkysGirl
09-13-2010, 03:25 PM
Can I add something to this?

When posting QP to the gallery I would suggest that people type SAMPLE or water mark it across to avoid piracy. Even 600x600 qp are often grabbed for piracy (people sell them in a CD or even on the net. This way it will be useless for them. When adding the SAMPLE word across you can lower it's opacity, not to be so disturbing on your page (let's say to 40%) but it will still be useless for them.

GREAT tip, Maria!

elenasworld
09-13-2010, 07:04 PM
I think that templates are a great tool and a starting point.
Once you start to use templates and feel more comfortable, clipping and changing things to your liking, you might just become addicted.
You can flip templates, rotate them and get a whole new look.

have fun!

hnfowler
02-06-2011, 06:51 AM
I love using templates. It makes things a little easier but still allows you to the freedom of choosing papers and elements.

agarzaldynrd
02-06-2011, 07:57 AM
I'm not sure about the qp piracy issue but with templates, I use them lots!!, make sure to credit the designer in your credits.