PDA

View Full Version : Back to School

michellemomof3
09-09-2010, 06:10 AM
Well, school has started once again. I thought it might be nice to share some stories from the first day, good & bad.

I don't know about you all, but it is always hectic at my house during the school year & this year has started off with a bang....

We are new to the school district where we live & the first day of school was a disaster for me! My oldest started Jr. High but he did not have a schedule or locker on the first day - he sat in the Media Center all day. When we got there they had an orientation-type presentation for students & parents (which I didn't know about) so I stayed until I had to drop off the younger 2. When I took them to school, the school was huge & we spent so long looking for the right classes they were late. Then there was a welcome "tea party" for parents of Kindergarteners that lasted about 1/2 hour. Once I went home, I called my BFF to enjoy the peace & quiet with her & she told me her mom died. So of course, I had to rush to her house until it was time to pick up kid #1. When I got to his bus stop, guess what?! He wasn't on the bus. Went home, called the school & they told me he was in the office. Had to wait to get kids #2 & #3 then went & got him from school. Came home, filled out kids' paperwork, made dinner, then it was the first soccer game of the season for kid #3. After that, meet the parent night at school. Got home about 8:30, made lunches, cleaned house & had about 1/2 hour of quiet time once the kids went to bed. Needless to say, by the end of the day, I WAS EXHAUSTED!!!

Darlene Currie
09-09-2010, 09:26 AM
OMG - I got tired just reading your post. What a day. I'm so glad my kids are grown now and I don't have to go through all of that. I loved them at that age, don't get me wrong, but I often wonder how I had all the energy to do everything. Congrats! You survived day 1!

donakat
09-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Darlene, you're spot on, I feel the same way. Sorry your day was so hectic, Michelle, but it's over, and a newly hectic day will come up soon, I'm sure. In a few years, it'll seem like it passed by so quickly you didn't have time to enjoy it, so take pictures!

SparkysGirl
09-09-2010, 05:28 PM
WOW, Michelle! What a day you had! This was my very first year with no kids starting their "first day of school". It felt so weird! But I remember the hectic days ... enjoy 'em, cuz they'll be over before ya know it!