PDA

View Full Version : can you please help me

x7anoonah@gmail.com
07-19-2010, 02:32 AM
HI everyone how have you been sorry for the lack of posting I am just getting back into things since the vacation and etc. Anyway, My question is that I really would appreciate any help you could give me in creating my own scrapbook kit. The reason being is that I am Muslim and we celebrate two holidays Eid ul Fitr which marks the month we fast to be taught how lucky we are to see the things God has gave us and the other Eid ul Adha which s celebrated to commemorate prophet Abraham's willingness to sacrifice his son for God.

Ramadan for us is in less then a month and I have never saw any kits for Muslims or anything close to it and a lot of us scrapbook. I would really like to make one to give away. Now I am a graphic designer and I can do it if someone would just show me how. I would really appreciate your help if you can.

Thank you and luv ya ladies.. :biggrin:

Darlene Currie
07-19-2010, 07:53 AM
Hi Noor:

Andrea Gold has some great classes for Photoshop, Elements and Illustrator. I believe they're on sale right now. I took some of these classes and tuned up on my skills. They were great and I learned a lot. Perhaps you can check them out in her store here. http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=62

Good luck!

x7anoonah@gmail.com
07-19-2010, 09:27 AM
Thank you for the reply. I actually use paint shop pro. I have tried to find PSE but I can not here and the PSP is thousands here :twitcy::eek1

I can do the papers, etc. I guess i just wonder how to do the special elements..

carolyn17_4
07-19-2010, 10:40 AM
You might try taking photos of things you'd like to use in your kit and then extracting them (taking the background away) That could be one way to get specific elements you might want. I think the other way some designers do it is drawing the elements by hand, then coloring them and applying filters.

There are also stores that sell CU products (which means commercial use). You can buy these items and color or alter them for your kit.

Hope that helps some?

elenasworld
07-19-2010, 04:36 PM
One idea would be to use the colors that have meaning for the holidays.

If you are doing things just for your personal use, you could possibly scan some of the important elements and then adjust them using your software as you need. Maybe you have a card or a drawing -- items that people would often use in traditional paper scrapbooking

good luck!

x7anoonah@gmail.com
07-21-2010, 09:00 AM
Thanks you all so much. I never knew what extracting a picture meant but now I do and that helps a lot because I can do that for sure. We do not really have any colors but people seem to use green a lot. I have already picked the color scheme and started to get some things together for it. But I love how the really nice kits look and really do not want one thats not top notch lol. :wub1:

So is this how the overlays for papers just make a layer over a color the same size and use the opacity tool? Also I know that with PS and PSE you all can use styles to create these textured looking elements, etc but they do not work in PSP what would you all recommend it obviously does not look very good just plain.

I think thats my biggest challenging is the coloring to make it look real. :wink:

donakat
07-21-2010, 03:35 PM
There are a lot of sites that give away textures, brushes, etc. to use in whatever program you are using to build your kit (PSP for you). Just do a Google search for something like "free textures Paint Shop Pro" and you should get some hints. You can use textures, or styles, many of which have textures built in. Also make sure you know how to install all these things into PSP so you can use them. Likewise, a Google search for tutorials for PSP should get you going on some of these tasks.

x7anoonah@gmail.com
07-22-2010, 12:53 AM
Thank you all for your replies your really so kind :roses:. I have been working so hard the past three days and researching. I have got a lot of it so far. I can do extracting now that I know how. I found some textured png files and just added them to my texture file and they work great :)

Now I am wondering about overlays. I have a lot for CU as I have been getting stuff together for over a year to start this :twitcy: It is so hard to find tutorials for PSP and I have googled SO MUCH lol. :sad44: And PS users def work with overlays different from what I have saw. As we do not have a drag option on PSP or so I think :confused1: