PDA

View Full Version : Who is using the GIMP?

petitflocondeneige
05-05-2007, 09:06 AM
Well, I'm just curious. On french forums, I see lots of people using this software, but as I browse american blogs, forums or websites, no-one seems to mention it... I really surprised, because it's a powerful tool, just the same as Photoshop or Paint shop pro, but free!

okblues
05-05-2007, 12:24 PM
I know several scrappers who use GIMP. I'm not sure if any of them are members here though.

Andrea
05-07-2007, 07:47 PM
I tried it out, but found it more comparable to Paint Shop Pro. I didn't think it was as good as Photoshop though. I think it's catching on among scrappers though!

petitflocondeneige
05-09-2007, 02:44 AM
The truth is I didn't try Paint Shop Pro or Photoshop: my budget doesn't allow me to buy any of them. And I thought it was pointless to learn to use the demo, then change for another software...
I'm still wondering why it's not mentionned on the list of potential softwares for digi-scrapbooking, especially here!

(oh, and I didn't say it on your blog, but I prefer the new picture!)

babyofmine
05-10-2007, 06:17 PM
I used it for awhile, and would still be using it, but I won PSE 5 (thank you, GDS! :D ). I found Gimp easy enough to use, though the interface confused me the first time I used it. LOL I had previous experience with PSP 7, PSP X, and Picture It Express.
Maybe you can become our in-house expert on Gimp!! :D

crops2dawn
05-11-2007, 09:31 AM
Hi, I have been using the Gimp for a few months now, I am very new to all these fancy programs and I a ways to go with trying to figure everything out, cant wait for a few more years when I can actually say I mastered one of these programs, but until then I will continue to try and figure it all out. I have got the transparency effects down pretty good, plus I learned to paint in there also, my next adventure is learning how to use the layering effects! Yikes might take me a hile for that one! LOL But its not a bad a program and for the price, well that pretty good also! LOL

twoboyz00
05-11-2007, 11:19 AM
I downloaded it, but only spent a short time trying it out. I'm not sure I have the time to learn a new program. I was hoping that it would be more similar to PS than PSP, since I already have PSP. Someday I'll get around to playing around with it more.

Maisie
05-11-2007, 11:25 AM
I think any program that lets you scrap is a marvelous program.

Andrea
05-11-2007, 12:15 PM
I have to say that GIMP is a pretty robust little program. I used it while my Photoshop was down! It's certainly great for digi scrapping! I hadn't really used it that much until my Photoshop went south! Thanks for reminding me about this! I think I'll set my mother up with it so she doesn't have to purchase any software.