PDA

View Full Version : Surprise! Please Welcome A Very Special New Designer to GDS!!

Debra
06-16-2010, 06:05 PM
Hi Everyone!
Thank you for your patience for the big reveal! :wink:

We are so Proud to make the following Announcement...!

Please join me in welcoming

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/_debra/image.png aka Darlene Currie

to our GDS Designs Team!

We are so excited to have Darlene joining us!
She's been a much loved Supreme Team Member, a wonderfully warm community member and now... for the very first time anywhere... A brand new and very talented Designer!!

Here's her introduction in her own words so that you can get to know her a little better:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/_debra/DarďMugShot.jpg

"I'm first and foremost, a mother to two grown children – whom I absolutely adore! If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have learned so much and grown to be the person I am. I have a little Shih Tzu/Poodle named Tao. My kids got him for me about five years ago, believing I would be lonely once they left home. I guess they figured my nurturing years weren't over!

My career started in the pre-press/printing industry right out of school and I thrived in it up until about 6 months ago. Currently I'm freelancing. I've been updating my Photoshop skills the last year or so and just love it - although it seems to be a never-ending process. As a kid, I was very active and pretty creative. I can remember lying in the fields beside our house looking up into the clouds and picking out animals, shapes, scenes, creating stories – you name it. I guess I've always had an over-active imagination. I have been creating things from a young age – love to make all my own cards, wrapping paper, party themes, and recently, scrapbooks as gifts. It started two Christmases ago when I discovered digital scrapping online. I created little books of the family for everyone at Christmas and they all absolutely loved them. I handed them all out at once and there was silence in the room for about 10 minutes – and a few tears were shed. Well that hooked me. I've been keeping mementos of my children since they started kindergarten and have been paper scrapping for a while. I have such a great stock in original scrapbooking supplies, I don't know what to do with it now that I've discovered digital! Yikes!

I also love sports (especially hockey to watch and swimming to do), gardening, reading, the great outdoors and I dabble in a bit of painting. I live in a corner of the world where we get all four seasons and love and appreciate them all. I look forward to this challenge as I always love to learn and grow. Sitting still is not for me, except when I'm creating on the computer!"

Here's a little taste of Darlene's New Store (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=29_164)!

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/large/_darlene/studio4-summerdaze_LRG.jpg

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/large/_darlene/studio4-summerdaze-addonkit_LRG.jpg

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/large/_darlene/studio4-summerdazeqps_LRG.jpg

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/large/_darlene/studio4-summerdazewordart_LRG.jpg

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/images/large/_darlene/studio4-strollinpark_LRG.jpg

Aren't these Fabulous!

And there's plenty more to check out (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=29_164) and All are 20% OFF Introductory Releases!

Big Welcome to you, Darlene and we look forward to sharing much success with you here with the GDS Design Team!

tweederbug
06-16-2010, 06:09 PM
Woo Hoo .... love what I see. Love the different style that you are adding and I am googling those add on papers to Stroll In the Park. Just want to ask one question .. are you having a CT call Darlene? I love what I am seeing,that is all I am saying LOL!

britaneejean
06-16-2010, 06:14 PM
that's soooo exciting! congrats Darlene!!!

SparkysGirl
06-16-2010, 06:16 PM
Congratulations, Darlene! Your designs look wonderful! :balloons:

britnkaysmemaw2
06-16-2010, 06:23 PM
Wow....Congrats and Welcome to GDS as a designer Darline. This is awesome news. LOVE what I see of your designs.

diamndprincz
06-16-2010, 06:26 PM
Congrats Darlene!!! Definitely awesome news!

Darlene Currie
06-16-2010, 06:34 PM
Wow - news does spread fast doesn't it? Thanks so much ladies, you're all so wonderful for your comments. As far as a CT call goes, I'm still reeling in trying to get this out and all that goes along with it, so when I catch my breath, I probably would love some help! I'll let you all now when! Thanks again! Should be fun. I'm still going to be here chatting it up with you, and hopefully run some challenges still too!:vb_chirolp_iei:

agarzaldynrd
06-16-2010, 06:37 PM
WOW Darlene!! What a great surprise. Congrats and can't wait to work with your cool kits!!!

altimasport
06-16-2010, 06:45 PM
Congrats!!! Your designs are great! I can't wait to go shopping!

tbcarter2002
06-16-2010, 06:51 PM
Well, I kind of figured this was coming yesterday when I saw something of yours in the shop and then it all of a sudden disappeared. :giggle: Welcome to GDS as a designer....your designs look great!

donakat
06-16-2010, 07:11 PM
Welcome to another role at GDS! Your stuff looks great!

carolyn17_4
06-16-2010, 07:16 PM
No WAY! That is so AWESOME Darlene!!! Whoo hooo!!!!!

elenasworld
06-16-2010, 07:25 PM
Yay! Congrats on opening your new store!
So exciting!

StacieMac
06-16-2010, 07:28 PM
Many congratulations Darlene!!!

reboscraps
06-16-2010, 08:01 PM
Congratulations, Darlene!!!

Dare I hope that we ST's get to experiment with the goodies in your new store?

*Hint, hint!!!*

Scrappinsass
06-16-2010, 10:51 PM
I'll say Congrats!! again here Darlene!! You've got some awesome looking stuff in your store already! Well Done Girl!!! :biggrin:

kmshep01
06-16-2010, 11:08 PM
congratulations on your new store Darline. Loving your work ( think i feel a new addiction coming on) x

twirlyjoy
06-16-2010, 11:50 PM
wooohoo! Congrats!!!

Will miss you on the ST though :(

marshmella
06-17-2010, 07:40 AM
Oh wow!!! Gorgeous products Darlene!!!

AZK
06-17-2010, 08:51 AM
Congrats Darlene! After seeing your LO's here at GDS I have no doubt you'll be a very successful designer!

j_camargo6
06-17-2010, 11:16 AM
Such exciting news! Big congrats, Darlene!

briarwoodpups
06-17-2010, 11:27 AM
That totally rocks!! After seeing your awesome participation prizes, I wondered when you'd be making the jump! Love the logo, too. Can't wait to see more!!

southflascrapper
06-17-2010, 11:40 AM
Congratulations and WELCOME Darlene. I have known that you were extremely talented for months, so I can't say that I am TOTALLY surprised. I love the look of the new kits and am glad that you are selling here!

Darlene Currie
06-17-2010, 12:40 PM
You guys have all been WAY TOO KIND! I appreciate your comments so much. It was a bit nerve wracking, but I believe I'm in second gear now!:wub1:

amandamoo
06-17-2010, 01:45 PM
Darlene, these are WONDERFUL! So great that you are designing here now!

mrs.mordecai
06-17-2010, 09:32 PM
I love what I see. Welcome welcome welcome!

rumkimom
06-18-2010, 04:41 AM
Congrads Darlene!!! Your kits are beautiful (of course I know that because of the ones you designed for my charity kits: Hope For Anderson and Bringing Anderson Home!!). Pretty that 2 of us became designers after doing our parts of those charity kits. :)

MYLEIGH
06-18-2010, 07:47 AM
CONGRATULATIONS Darlene!! I was just browsing the store and love the kits! I had to grab a couple! :D Welcome and I can't wait to see your future kits! :D

Darlene Currie
06-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Congrads Darlene!!! Your kits are beautiful (of course I know that because of the ones you designed for my charity kits: Hope For Anderson and Bringing Anderson Home!!). Pretty that 2 of us became designers after doing our parts of those charity kits. :)

Thanks Wendy, I didn't know your were now designing too. Good luck! Hope the charity kits sell well for you guys!

honu
06-18-2010, 11:06 AM
Wonderful kits...Congratulations!!

irishgull
06-19-2010, 08:48 AM
Congratulations Darlene!!! We will miss you at ST but I'm very happy for you!! Actually I'm very happy for me too, because I've just tested your kit Summer Daze. Stunning!! I had to buy its add-ons too!! :love-smiley-011::love-smiley-011:

Darlene Currie
06-19-2010, 09:16 AM
Congratulations Darlene!!! We will miss you at ST but I'm very happy for you!! Actually I'm very happy for me too, because I've just tested your kit Summer Daze. Stunning!! I had to buy its add-ons too!! :love-smiley-011::love-smiley-011:

Aw - thanks Rosie! I'm thrilled - and you're my first layout - I may have to frame it! I'm going to check it out right now! Super!

irishgull
06-19-2010, 09:51 AM
I've seen your comments! I'm very happy that you like it! And I'm very happy to have made your first CT layout :wink:. Mind, I have already started two more pages, I just hope to have time to finish them!!!:wink:

triciacurtis
06-21-2010, 02:08 PM
Congratulations and welcome to the team!!!

crlin
06-21-2010, 05:54 PM
Beautiful designs!! So glad to see you designing here!

techie girl
06-23-2010, 05:37 AM
Welcome,Darlene,I love what I have seen so far especially the Walk In The Park.

Debra
06-26-2010, 11:16 AM
Don't miss Studio 4's very first Daily Download today!