PDA

View Full Version : What a HUGE treasure I got!!!

carolyn17_4
06-13-2010, 07:57 PM
My family and I have been on vacation the last 3 weeks. During that time I went and visited my Granny. Last time I had seen her I had encouraged her to try to write all her memories down for me so I could make a book for all the family. Well, bless her heart she DID!!! She has started a book and has so much history that goes all the way back to her own grandparents. She even had tons of pictures to go with them. I took pictures of all her pages and got the pictures and am going to start her book. I am beyond excited so had to share my great news. :D

tbcarter2002
06-13-2010, 08:36 PM
Wow, Carolyn, that is a great treasure indeed. I wish I had asked a lot more questions when I had the chance. Most are gone now or have poor memories. I have done a lot of genealogical research and unearthed a lot abut my family tree but those personal stories are what brings all those facts to life. Good luck on your project!

donakat
06-13-2010, 09:04 PM
How great for you, Carolyn, and great for those who get to see what you do with the pictures and stories! I hope you'll show us some of those in the Heritage Challenge!

DavisChronicles
06-13-2010, 09:08 PM
That's amazing!!! I'm so excited for you!! I hope we get to see some of it! =)

SparkysGirl
06-14-2010, 05:22 AM
Welcome Back, Carolyn! Terrific news, too! You have received a treasure from your Granny!

elenasworld
06-14-2010, 07:17 AM
How awesome!
what a treasure!

britnkaysmemaw2
06-14-2010, 07:21 AM
That is a true treasure. My Mom's family just put together a cookbook along with stories from everyone in the family about their memories of my grandparents. It is something I treasure, and know you will treasure this as well.

Darlene Currie
06-14-2010, 07:32 AM
That is just so exciting. I think it's so important to gather all your family info before it's too late. My kids always want to know about things in the past, especially my daughter who wants to make sure it's passed down through the generations. Sounds like you're going to be busy! Welcome back from your holidays!

Blackthorne
06-14-2010, 02:34 PM
Wow, that ´s really wonderful. My uncle and cousin did
a little investigation about our heritage and they´ve made
it back till 1880. Not bad but unfortunately there is nothin
left at all at least from the earlier era. My cousin is married
in MD. :biggrin:

Scrappinsass
06-24-2010, 05:30 AM
WOW what a treasure indeed!! I guess you've got lots of new stuff we'll be seeing in the coming months!! Can't wait to see all your layouts! :)

briarwoodpups
06-24-2010, 08:39 AM
Oh my gosh - what an incredible treasure!! CAn't wait to see some of the layouts :)

CecileQ
06-25-2010, 01:22 PM
What an amazing grandma.
Usually need to promp and give lots of questions to get a history or memories.

triciacurtis
06-30-2010, 10:47 AM
That's fantastic! I'm still trying to get that out of my family. ;)