PDA

View Full Version : YOU pick my next kit theme and palette!

marshmella
06-09-2010, 12:12 PM
Hello! Hope you all are having a great summer so far. I sure am!

I would like you to pick my next kit theme and palette!
Post here what theme you would like me to do next and a color palette with at least 6 colors by Friday June 18th.

The person with the theme and palette that I pick will get the kit for FREE! I may choose from 2 different suggestions and then 2 people will win :wink:

***hint*** Do not pick a beachy/pool theme because I will be releasing a new kit with that theme this FRIDAY!!! :laugh:

Thank you all for putting in your inputs on my next theme and palette. A lot of you were saying teen boy so that is what I picked. The first person to suggest that was webdesignmom so she will get this kit for free!!! I choose the palette colors she picked too. And because so many other suggested this here is a coupon for another 25% off this kit (it is already 25% off): md25forhts Thanks again and I hope you all will enjoy this kit.

http://i280.photobucket.com/albums/kk170/marshmella123/scrapbook/md_hts_preview_LRG.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=product_dnld_info&cPath=29_153&products_id=6809)

webdesignmom
06-09-2010, 01:22 PM
I read on here that someone wanted a kit for teen boys, so I am going to second that request to you since I have a teen boy. My suggested colors for this kit would be blue, green, brown, black, olive, yellow, orange, and grey.

SparkysGirl
06-09-2010, 02:45 PM
I've got an idea!!!!! BUT, I'll come back with my suggested palate (sp?) and theme ...

donakat
06-09-2010, 02:56 PM
How about a family reunion theme? Could include picnic & barbeque items. Suggested palette:
red, green, yellow, turquoise, black & white (see Kuler attachment for "summer picnic" scheme)

FJchickie
06-09-2010, 03:17 PM
I read on here that someone wanted a kit for teen boys, so I am going to second that request to you since I have a teen boy. My suggested colors for this kit would be blue, green, brown, black, olive, yellow, orange, and grey.

I will third that request, but not too much teen angst (no skulls and guitars), more like video games, bikes, skateboards, fun/funky/cool stuff that's not too cute. I like the colors mention above and maybe some metal, dirt and wood.

tweederbug
06-09-2010, 04:59 PM
CAMPING .. you can not find any kits that have to do with camping,bonfires,tents,RV's, .. we love to do outdoor things like hiking,camping and fishing in the summer but it is so hard to find kits for this. Most of the kits are travel kits with airplanes and such.

I imagine a kit like that to be bold colors, dark green,browns,yellows,dark blues,maybe olive green,hint of orange for that fire :wink:.

SparkysGirl
06-09-2010, 06:40 PM
:roses:MICHAELA!!!!!!!:roses:

I'd like to see a kit that is geared towards more 'MATURE BOYS' - yes, I realize that this is rare ... but, the resources are limited for this subject matter. I don't really care about skateboards and bikes ... I'm thinking more in terms of the textures we associate with older boys ... denim, leather belts and boots, metal belt buckles, chrome on the car, etc.

Here are my ideas (a visual for ya!)
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/SparkysGirl2/0f78f33c.jpg

** I don't know how to create a leather, copper or brass look ... so just imagine it mixed in **

OH ... and, for "mature boys" ... no ribbon, please! String and twine would be best!

Hope you like this idea!!!!!:curtsey:

altimasport
06-09-2010, 06:56 PM
:roses:MICHAELA!!!!!!!:roses:

I'd like to see a kit that is geared towards more 'MATURE BOYS' - yes, I realize that this is rare ... but, the resources are limited for this subject matter. I don't really care about skateboards and bikes ... I'm thinking more in terms of the textures we associate with older boys ... denim, leather belts and boots, metal belt buckles, chrome on the car, etc.

Here are my ideas (a visual for ya!)
http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e57/SparkysGirl2/0f78f33c.jpg

** I don't know how to create a leather, copper or brass look ... so just imagine it mixed in **

OH ... and, for "mature boys" ... no ribbon, please! String and twine would be best!

Hope you like this idea!!!!!:curtsey:

I so LOVE this idea!!They are all good but I love this one.

honeyb
06-09-2010, 11:57 PM
Theme: Evening Glory
Palette:

marshmella
06-10-2010, 10:06 AM
WOW!!! Great ideas everyone! This is going to be REALLY hard to pick!

Keep em coming :laugh:

briarwoodpups
06-10-2010, 11:56 AM
I'll second that request! With some logs, and some wildlife like a beaver, squirrel, at lease one deep blue paper for a night sky and maybe a scattering of stars..... ahhhh, makes me want to dig out the smores and the tent and go out in my back yard - LOL

CAMPING .. you can not find any kits that have to do with camping,bonfires,tents,RV's, .. we love to do outdoor things like hiking,camping and fishing in the summer but it is so hard to find kits for this. Most of the kits are travel kits with airplanes and such.

I imagine a kit like that to be bold colors, dark green,browns,yellows,dark blues,maybe olive green,hint of orange for that fire :wink:.

elenasworld
06-12-2010, 10:00 PM
smores sound wonderful right about now Jayne!

reboscraps
06-12-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm going on vacation to Estes Park this summer, so I'm suggesting Road Trip/National Parks. This could actually be combined with the camping/RV idea.

Here's my palette... we might be buzzing through Zion/Bryce Canyon, too, so it leans towards the warmer colors of the southwest US.

http://lh3.ggpht.com/_yPhBc6anA1o/TBRomJs2grI/AAAAAAAAB9s/QB2a9DY-hx4/s800/Untitled-1.jpg

briarwoodpups
06-13-2010, 02:25 AM
Love those colors, Rebecca!!!

Any other ideas? This is such a fun thread to watch!!

All the ideas have been great!

tweederbug
06-13-2010, 08:07 AM
I was thinking along with my idea of camping .. pine trees,hamock,fishing.

lilusmom
06-13-2010, 12:24 PM
How about a garden theme. Not flowers but vegis. Tomatoes, carrots, squash etc. Colors of the vegis, red, orange, green, beige, purple, yellow. Maybe a wheel-barrel and lots of vines etc. Our first ever vegetable garden is producing and my dh is so proud of it!

southflascrapper
06-13-2010, 01:40 PM
smores sound wonderful right about now Jayne!

LOL Liz, I totally agree with that :)

briarwoodpups
06-13-2010, 06:59 PM
Lilusmom, I was thinking of something similar, and I have put a bug in Michaela's ear, but what about an herb garden/cooking kit? Something with colors very similar to reboscraps palette but with accents of either blue or purple, the colors of the flowers in the herbs. Some rosemary, sage, thyme, basil, etc. Some potted plants, some sprigs, some mixing bowls, some other kitchen items (rolling pin, recipe card, etc). And one of M's world-famous alphas, of course :) Something earthy, culinary, and make you hungry ;)

michellemomof3
06-14-2010, 05:43 AM

That was me & I agree with the colors - maybe something like this:
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/1024/medium/New_kit_pallette.jpg

marshmella
06-14-2010, 07:43 AM
WOW!!! Great ideas! Looks like a lot of votes on teen/mature boys and camping :biggrin::biggrin: Loving this!!!!!!!!!

marshmella
06-14-2010, 11:09 AM
OK!!! So I picked my theme and palette! So I am closing this now for suggestions. I am not revealing my choice until the kit is finished.

BUT... There will also be a BIG SURPRISE when the kit is revealed :biggrin:

and it has nothing to do with Debras surprise, which I have no idea about.

SparkysGirl
06-14-2010, 12:03 PM
OK!!! So I picked my theme and palette! So I am closing this now for suggestions. I am not revealing my choice until the kit is finished.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:How long do we have to wait for the surprise? I love surprises and all, but there's alot of suspense around here lately! LOL! "I'm a donkey on the edge!" as "Donkey" would say to Shrek! :laugh::laugh::laugh:Can't wait to see what you come up with, Michaela!!!!

Scrappinsass
06-14-2010, 11:14 PM
awwww. I thought I had til the 18th :( .. oh well.. here's a suggestion for next time :

Scrappinsass
06-14-2010, 11:15 PM
Are you *expecting* too???

marshmella
06-25-2010, 07:30 AM
Please see my original post!!! :laugh:

SparkysGirl
06-25-2010, 07:56 AM
:vb_chirolp_iei::vb_chirolp_iei: The kit is just AWESOME, Michaela! I love it ... and it's just PACKED with stuff! Terrific job on it!!!!!! :vb_chirolp_iei::vb_chirolp_iei:

Congratulations to webdesignmom! Enjoy the kit!!!!!

webdesignmom
06-25-2010, 08:07 AM
Thank you so much, I can't believe I won. I rarely win anything. I will have to redeem this later since I have to get to a performance that one of my boys is in. Thanks again.

mayamanda80
06-25-2010, 11:51 AM
its so hard to find cute boy stuff !!

webdesignmom
06-25-2010, 12:11 PM
I just got back home and got a good look at the kit and I can't wait to get it downloaded. The kit has everything that goes along with both my boys ages 13 and 9. Thanks again.

Scrappinsass
06-26-2010, 02:36 AM
Thanks for the awesome kit Michaela and the extra bonus!!! I've d/l'd it and will be having some fun playing tonight :)

triciacurtis
06-30-2010, 10:48 AM
So cute, and congratulations webdesignmom!