PDA

View Full Version : Twilight Fans Read This

michellemomof3
06-09-2010, 05:35 AM
Stephanie Meyer has a 150-page story written from Bree's POV. In case you're not sure, Bree is the newborn vampire they capture in the fight scene in the end of Eclipse. I'm reading it now so I'm not sure how good it is but since it is by Stephanie I think it's going to be excellent!!

Check it out here:

http://breetannerbook.libredigital.com/index.html

HollyS
06-09-2010, 06:35 AM
Thanks :) I started to read it but haven't gotten very far yet! Can't wait for Eclipse to come out but I do have to say that I was very upset at the new trailer shown during the MTV Movie awards Sunday night. That scene (they seemed to combined the two school scenes with Jacob into one) portrayed something that I don't think would ever happen between Bella and Edward! She hurt him pretty bad :( I know they have to condense the story down to make it into a movie but that to me was a huge departure! What do you think?

diamndprincz
06-09-2010, 07:32 AM
I haven't had a chance to read it yet...but found one thumbs down so far. Hopefully will get a chance to read it this weekend.

I didn't like that trailer too much...seemed a bit off..I kept wondering if they skipped something. I am a little skeptical about this movie and even Breaking Dawn..just because of a comment made by the screen writer-I don't think she cares about the fans at all as long as she gets her job done.

michellemomof3
06-09-2010, 01:59 PM
I agree about the movie. They so should not have put those 2 scenes together. When I was reading the book I thought "what an a** Edward was in this one" but it did make sense with the story & his personality. It seems like she's the one acting like that in that scene & I don't think people who haven't read the books will totally get what's going on there.

The new book is actually pretty good - I read over 100 pages of it within about 2 hours today & I'm looking forward to finishing it tomorrow.

AZK
06-10-2010, 05:45 AM
I'm re-reading Eclipse right now to get ready for the movie release and I've got the Bree novella bookmarked to read when I'm done. I have read a lot of negative comments about the screenwriter on the fan sites. And yes, that MTV trailer is terrible...

michellemomof3
06-10-2010, 07:05 AM
I finished the the Bree "book" & I thought it was fantastic! Now I'm gonna have to re-read Breaking Dawn since I've gotten her perspective. I really like reading the different perspectives, I read the partial draft that SM has on her site for Midnight Sun & really liked reading from Edward's perspective. I would also like to hear Alice's side.

JAB
06-10-2010, 08:09 AM
ooohhh...Alice's POV would be fun :)

I loved reading the Midnight Sun from Edwards POV- wish she would finish it.

I am rereading Eclipse before the movie too...which will lead to also rereading Breaking Dawn I am sure !

I love the books but I did not like either movie very much- I think its because the movies don't match up with what I have imagined while reading the books. I don't like the way the movies alter from the books ( I know it is necessary, but still don't like it) and honestly R Pat. will never be the Edward I imagine when reading-

triciacurtis
06-15-2010, 03:13 PM
I have to admit that I haven't finished the Twilight series yet (bad girl, I know!) but I saw the new book at Target. I had to pick it up for two reasons - it says first printing on it, just in case when I'm old and grey it's worth something, LOL, plus, for every purchase of the first printing $1 will be donated to the Red Cross (I think it's the Red Cross, don't have the book in front of me right now). So if you haven't gotten it, head to Target (cheaper than list price)!