PDA

View Full Version : Happy Mother's Day!

HollyS
05-09-2010, 06:28 AM
Wanted to wish all the mother's and grandmother's out there as well as the mothers-to-be a Happy Mother's Day!

Hope you have a nice and relaxing day...you deserve it!

I'm super excited because my zoom lens has been broken so I haven't been very motivated to take pics and now I can....my boys got me a new one for Mother's Day! WOOHOO!

dylabel
05-09-2010, 06:46 AM
Thanks Holly! Happy Mothers Day to you and all the rest of the fabulous mothers here at GDS.
We lost our power yesterday at about noon and it came back on about an hour ago...I was beginning to think this was gonna be a bust but boy when the lights just popped on we all clapped our hands and cheered like we'd won the lottery or something.
Ray is making meatloaf, under my supervision of course, and our mothers will be joining us. I found a gray hair, who am I kidding? I found lots of gray hairs so my afternoon will consist of coloring my hair and perhaps a change of polish on the toes.
My kids were sweet this morning and that made it all seem worthwhile...can't wait to see what the day has in store for me :)

Can't wait to see some pics with that new lens!

yin
05-09-2010, 07:01 AM
Happy Mother's Day!

I have not been back for a long time, but today a link by Gizelle on my blog brought me back to look at her lovely layouts. So I decided I'll say hi and wish you all a wonderful, blessed day.

Don't think I know many of you, but I got my start here, thanks to Debra and Holly, (Hi there ladies!) and I still remember GDS with warm memories.

And it's fun to see the blinkie I made still on some siggies! :p

tweederbug
05-09-2010, 07:20 AM
YAY .. a new lens Holly. I got some new actions from Paint The Moon Photography(Annie Murray) awesome photo actions for Mother's Day. Hope that everyone has a great day .. Happy Mother's Day ladies!

britnkaysmemaw2
05-09-2010, 08:58 AM
Happy Mothers Day to all the fabulous Moms here at GDS. Hope everyone has a fabulous day. We are headed to my DD's house for a cookout.

britaneejean
05-09-2010, 10:08 AM
happy mother's day to all! hope it's a great day for you :) we've had family in town this past week & this'll be the last day we see them so we're having a party :) my mother's day will be next week LOL

SparkysGirl
05-09-2010, 10:28 AM
Happy Mother's Day!!!!

I've had a wonderful day so far! My husband and kids took me to Carrabas for lunch. My son and his girlfriend got me a butterfly bush for the yard, and my youngest got me the new MercyMe CD ... so I have some good music to listen to while I scrap.

Hope everyone is having a wonderful day, too!

Darlene Currie
05-09-2010, 12:14 PM
Right back at all of you. Sounds like everyone is having a wonderful day. My kids are coming over and cooking me dinner later on in the day. They have both bought condos and are both moving out next weekend, so they've been so very busy. It's nice they're going to cook me dinner - and hopefully watch the Canucks beat the Blackhawks tonight. Now that would be a nice Mother's Day surprise!

agarzaldynrd
05-09-2010, 03:15 PM
Well, it's 6:12 pm here and my night is quickly approaching. We had a wonderful weekend in Wimberley at a beautiful bed and breakfast so I was truy pampered. The funny thing is that this was a belated birthday present from me to Neal. This was the first weekend they had a vacancy. It was marvelous!! Gourmet meals and beautiful sunsets. Glad to be home. Oh and I bought myself a Pandora bracelet for Mother's Day!!! Now on to collecting different beads for it! Happy Mother's Day my friends.

elenasworld
05-09-2010, 04:05 PM
thanks Holly!

oh, a new camera lens, that is awesome!

(i asked (thinking that would help) for a bigger SD card for my camera
and i didn't get it. big surprise. but we got a new ceiling fan. i'd rather
have the SD card to be honest)

britnkaysmemaw2
05-09-2010, 06:50 PM
thanks Holly!

oh, a new camera lens, that is awesome!

(i asked (thinking that would help) for a bigger SD card for my camera
and i didn't get it. big surprise. but we got a new ceiling fan. i'd rather
have the SD card to be honest)

A Ceiling Fan....Your hubby needs to have a coach when it comes to special holidays, rofl.

I had a super day, and my DD's and DH went together and got me tickets to go to Carrie Underwood's concert (Not til December). I am a huge fan of hers and have followed her since the American Idol days and truly love her music. I was totally surprised. Now I have the task of deciding who gets to go with me. I have already had about 10 people say they would love to go.:biggrin:

grammaj
05-09-2010, 08:33 PM
Happy Mothers Day to all.

donakat
05-09-2010, 08:52 PM
Hope you all had a great day! My DH and DD took me to brunch then we watched a movie and my DD baked a dark chocolate cake for me. I finished up the day ushering at a play which was very good, but I did miss the phone call from DS.

Scrappinsass
05-09-2010, 10:59 PM
Mother's Day was not so great here.. must have done something while gardening the day before and my back didn't like it... could hardly get up or down .. walking was ok.. and lying down and sitting.. just getting into those positions was agony.. oh well.. and as usual.. had to wait until the Canadian's had Mother's Day before my DS's figured out it was time to talk to Mom LOL.. DH was good to me though.. got the usual breaky with all the trimmings..(poached egg on toast and coffee) and a very nice mauve *mum* with yellow centers which I've already planted in the garden - they bloom twice a year here! ..

Anyway.. Hope everyone's day was great! :biggrin: