PDA

View Full Version : Charity Kit help

rumkimom
05-04-2010, 04:14 AM
HI all,

I am putting together 2 charity kits to benefit a friend of mine who is adopting a little SN boy from Haiti. This little guy is 15 months old and has a very large hernia (easily corrected by surgery here in the US). She is adopting from the same orphanage we are adopting Clarens from.

If there are any designers here (or people who like doing it for fun) that are interested in helping please e-mail me. Also if anyone knows someone who would like to help, let me know.

Thus far the deisgners that have agreed to help are:
Kay Miller
Christy Skaggs
Restored Elegence
On My Own Designs
Karen Wallace

Here is the color palate that we are using (picked out by Christy Skaggs)
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/rumkimom/HaitiPaintingColorPalate.jpg

and it was based on this Haitian painting that I have
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/rumkimom/s100501018.jpg

If you want to be involved, the 2 kits that we are doing (you can choose one or both...both are based on the same color palate):
Haiti in my Heart series
#1 Hope for Anderson - Theme: children, play, adoption
#2 Bringing Anderson Home - Theme: tropical, travel, Haiti

I am hoping to have kit #1 done by the end of May so that it can come out in June....and #2 done by the end of June so that it can come out in July.

THANKS!!!

Here is little Anderson (me holding him on April 11, 2010)
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/rumkimom/Anderson/Anderson-100413Haiti013.jpg

Anderson holding the stuffed animal his mom sent to him
http://i272.photobucket.com/albums/jj172/rumkimom/Anderson/Anderson-100413Haiti324.jpg

donakat
05-04-2010, 09:19 AM
What a wonderful thing you're doing here, Wendy. I guess we know why you've been busy lately--your little guy will be so lucky to join your family!

rumkimom
05-04-2010, 11:07 AM
Thanks Dona. We started the adoption process for Clarens back in early March and it has been crazy busy since then. We also went on vacation in mid-March (planned way back in Jan) and just before we left on that we got in on plans to go to Haiti with a group (April 9-11) of other adoptive parents all visiting their children. Also add into that, me teaching a homeschool co-op class for 10 weeks (3 left to go).

I have hardly done any scrapping at all since the end of March...just no time!

SparkysGirl
05-04-2010, 12:12 PM
I think it's a wonderful thing, too. Your photos brought tears to my eyes! I wish I could design and help! All I can offer is to ask that you please let me know when the kit is available ... I'll buy it, for sure! The color palette is gorgeous ... it's sure to be a beautiful kit. Best wishes!

j_camargo6
05-04-2010, 12:19 PM
Hi Wendy! Count me in!

Darlene Currie
05-04-2010, 12:44 PM
I'd be happy to help. I'll throw together some papers and elements for you. I'll send you an email. Such sweet photos, I wish there was more we could do for them all.

rumkimom
05-04-2010, 01:14 PM
Jenn & Darlene - THANK-YOU!!! :love-smiley-011: I will send you both a PM with more info on due dates and such.

marshmella
05-04-2010, 01:37 PM
I would love to help too! Count me in!!! Where will this be sold at?

rumkimom
05-04-2010, 02:06 PM
Marshmella-Thanks so much!! I will send you a PM with the information I sent to the others.

As far as where this is being sold....I'm still working out those details. If the store I am working with right now decides that they can't do it, I have other possiblities.

Also I will let everyone know when this kit does come out.

DeannaJ
05-07-2010, 05:01 PM
What a wonderful thing! :) You meet the nicest people when you scrapbook!

StacieMac
05-07-2010, 05:46 PM
I would be happy to help out as well. Please let me know what you need.

rumkimom
05-07-2010, 05:53 PM
Thnaks Stacie! I just sent you the information via PM. :)

rumkimom
05-10-2010, 05:16 AM
There is still time to help if anyone else wants too. Everything is due on May 25. THANKS to all of those who have volunteered to help. I really appreciate it!

Scrappinsass
05-11-2010, 05:20 AM
What a great thing your doing Wendy! :biggrin:

landofoz
05-11-2010, 05:53 AM
I cant design but i will buy the kit, Every bit counts

rumkimom
05-11-2010, 05:58 AM
Thanks Maggie! I will let everyone know when it comes out.

Thanks for the template Lone! Every little bit adds up. :)

JStockert
05-14-2010, 04:33 PM
What a wonderful thing you have decided to do. I'd love to help. Please send me the info :)

rumkimom
05-21-2010, 03:53 AM
Justed wanted to remind those of you helping that part 1 of the kit is due on May 25....this coming TUESDAY. THANKS!!

The GDS list I have is:
Christy Skaggs
Marshmella Designs - COMPLETED
Jenn (Dancing Princess)
Darlene Currie - COMPLETED
Stacie
JStockert
Lone - Scrap N Sassy Designs (Template) - COMPLETED

If you still need the upload information, please let me know. THANKS!!

Hopefully this kit will be coming out in early June.

marshmella
05-21-2010, 06:16 AM
I also contributed and completed my part!!!

rumkimom
05-21-2010, 12:01 PM
Opps, I am SO sorry...I can't believe I forgot ya!! And you did such an awesome job too. :) I changed the list so you are now listed. :)

reboscraps
05-21-2010, 04:34 PM
Justed wanted to remind those of you helping that part 1 of the kit is due on May 25....this coming TUESDAY. THANKS!!

The GDS list I have is:
Christy Skaggs
Jenn (Dancing Princess)
Stacie
JStockert

If you still need the upload information, please let me know. THANKS!!

Hopefully this kit will be coming out in early June.

Didn't occur to me that you could use templates... I can contribute that way, let me know if you are still interested. Here's a couple of LO's I have templates for:

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=79679
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=82837
or this template
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/J5DWkaqxEzjgElA2YBEULw?feat=directlink

rumkimom
05-23-2010, 01:06 PM
Rebecca - all 3 of your templates are wonderful!! We will take whatever you are willing to donate. :) You can e-mail me the links at rumkimom@nyair.net Thanks!!

rumkimom
05-24-2010, 12:58 PM
Here is the updated completed list.....

The GDS list I have is:
Christy Skaggs
Jenn (Dancing Princess) - COMPLETED
Stacie - COMPLETED
JStockert - COMPLETED
Rebecca (template) - COMPLETED

marshmella
06-01-2010, 09:21 AM
Is there any news on when and where this will be released??

rumkimom
06-01-2010, 09:36 AM
Michaela - I am working on the previews and trying to get a few last minute things done. I am hoping it will be released by thte end of the week yet. It will be sold as DSG. I will PM you a copy of the preview once it is complete. Thanks again SO much!

rumkimom
06-04-2010, 07:48 AM
Hope For Anderson is in the store at DSG!! Since this site requests that you do not put any links for other stores here, I have not included the link. If you want the link just send me a PM.

A special thanks to all of those here at GDS who helped by contributing to this awesome kit: Marshmella Designs , Jenn (Dancing Princess), Darlene Currie, Stacie, JStockert, Lone, and Rebecca

If you are helping with Bringing Anderson Home, please rememeber that it is due June 30 (I might extend that date as I am gone on vacation from June 21-28). Also if you are NOT on the list and would like to help, please let me know. I will make a new list of those helping (the new one will have a theme of Tropics/vacation/Haiti). THANKS!!

rumkimom
06-05-2010, 04:32 PM
We are starting to work on the second kit (topic of tropics, travel and Hait). If you have not already signed up to help and want to, please let me know ASAP. THANKS!!!!

Scrappinsass
06-07-2010, 12:45 AM
I think it's wonderful what your doing Wendy. Could you pm me the link to the first kit pls?

:bump::bump:

rumkimom
06-16-2010, 03:56 AM
Lone - if you did not get the PM from me with the link to the kit, please let me know.

There were 4 GDS people who posted their LOs for me, I sent you your gifts via PM on the other site (they do not send out an e-mail when you get a PM).

THANKS ALL!!

Scrappinsass
06-16-2010, 03:35 PM
Yes Thanks Wendy, I got the link and passed it on.. thanks :) ..