PDA

View Full Version : PAT files

agarzaldynrd
04-25-2010, 02:49 PM
I just downloaded something from Mel's brushes and don't know where to load them. I thought they were brushes, checked actions, and styles but can't seem to load them. Where do I go???

geniaBeana
04-25-2010, 03:05 PM
What version are you running? I usually just drag mine into Cs4 and they load into your patterns menu. Then you can use the paint bucket set to pattern instead of color or add them using a new fill layer and select pattern instead of foreground color.

elenasworld
04-25-2010, 03:14 PM
I usually just go to the patterns from the drop down and then click the little arrow and a whole hidden list appears. I chose "load patterns" and (you will have a window to where you select the file) then it will appear in the patterns for you to use.

I haven't tried it with patterns, but for styles, all I have to do is double click on the file and it gets installed in my styles. I dont keep too many "loaded" since I seemed to crash when I had lots of brushes/fonts/styles loaded. Even though they aren't being used, the system is still drawing resources for them.

hope it works out for you.

agarzaldynrd
04-25-2010, 04:37 PM
I'm running CS4 and it's the "Patterns" that I can't find in the drop down menus. I normally do it the way you said Liz just can't find patterns.

elenasworld
04-25-2010, 05:39 PM
oh
Edit -- Preset Manager -- switch the drop down to Patterns -- Load

diamndprincz
04-25-2010, 05:43 PM
You have me on the lookout now Anna..I can't see anything about a toolbar for patterns on Adobe help site I saw something about a pattern plug-in that you can download...still looking...

Edit: Wow....why did they hide it like that?

agarzaldynrd
04-25-2010, 06:43 PM
OK, done!!! Followed Liz's instructions but now trying to finish my ps class and can't find the pattern maker. What is it with pattern stuff. I tried going your way Tronesia but it did not work. Off to ask Andrea!!

geniaBeana
04-25-2010, 07:00 PM
are you trying to define a pattern? its under the Edit Menu.

donakat
04-25-2010, 10:29 PM
Anna,
At least for the Mac, the patterns lie in their own "Patterns" folder inside the "Presets" folder, in the Adobe Photoshop CS4 folder. Not sure for the PC.

triciacurtis
04-26-2010, 11:00 AM
It should be in the same location for the PC, I just double-click on the pattern file and it loads, or I double click on the layer to bring up the layer styles, go to the pattern overlay and load or replace the patterns from there.