PDA

View Full Version : Hi All!

twirlyjoy
04-23-2010, 12:46 PM
Hi everyone!

We finally made it back to England after having an extended holiday due to the volcano eruption! There were no complaints from us - an extra 5 days away was fantastic! We had a fantastic time and we really didn't want to come home. We even tried skiing and didn't break any bones (although we have discovered that I can only turn left - fall over if I try to go right!!!)

For those of you who don't know, we went to stay with a male friend that I met on the internet - sounds a bit dodgy, I know, but we were prepared for every eventuality. However, that wasn't needed and the whole 2 1/2 weeks were perfect! It was like a fairytale which i didn't want to end!

Anyway, here I am, back to 'normality'! Please bear with me as it will take a few days for me to get back into the swing of things - I have a mountain of laundry and lots of clearing up to do! As well as a severe case of post-holiday blues to deal with!

Can't wait to catch up with all that has been going on around ehre!

dylabel
04-23-2010, 12:53 PM
I am so glad that you had such a good time! Couldn't have had better timing :)

carolyn17_4
04-23-2010, 12:53 PM
Yay!!! So glad you are back Joy, and TERRIBLY excited that all went well with your friend. Woohoo! We missed you!!

SparkysGirl
04-23-2010, 01:15 PM
Great to have you back, Joy! I'm thrilled that you had such a good time, and what a blessing to have your vacation "extended" for a few extra days. It's wonderful that everything worked out well with your new male friend, too. Coming back to reality can be so tough ... hang in there and keep yourself busy!

britnkaysmemaw2
04-23-2010, 01:24 PM
Welcome back. Glad to hear your vacation was a tremondous success on all levels. Can't wait to see lots of great layouts.

landofoz
04-23-2010, 02:17 PM
Nice to have you back, i can tell tou are on a high.
I hope you got nice weather in England.
May i ask where do you live?

AZK
04-23-2010, 03:16 PM
Welcome back, Joy! Looking forward to all the vacation layouts! (and pictures of the mystery man, lol!)

donakat
04-23-2010, 10:45 PM
Glad you're back safely, Joy! Is the air clearing up over there?

twirlyjoy
04-23-2010, 11:51 PM
Nice to have you back, i can tell tou are on a high.
I hope you got nice weather in England.
May i ask where do you live?

I live in the south of England, in Hampshire, about 50 miles south of London

Glad you're back safely, Joy! Is the air clearing up over there?

The air is beautifully clear here! We came back to fantastic sunshine and clear skies, although the cars do have a fine layer of what could be ash on them.But, could just as easily be pollen or regular dust!!!!

diamndprincz
04-24-2010, 07:54 AM
Welcome back to "normal life"! So glad to hear you all had fun and returned safely.