PDA

View Full Version : Editing help for journaling

mskinsey
04-14-2010, 08:17 AM
Hello everyone,

I would like to offer a service for help with journaling. I have something like 40 years experience as an editor. I am willing to proofread your journaling FOR FREE in exchange for free artwork, help with my own LOs, etc. I could also do this for a minimal fee, only I wouldn't know how to set this up.

What do you think? Would anyone be interested in a service like this? I'm trying to figure out a way to use my skill as an editor in a fun way, instead of always reading academic papers. My income dropped steeply in June 2008 when the grant paying my salary as a librarian ran out. I went from $51K/year to around $15K/year. :sad44: I've been trying to find a new full-time job for almost two years now, but with the economy the way it is and my age (63), it's been almost impossible. I've had only one or two nibbles from the hundreds of applications that I've sent out. :eek1

I wasn't sure if it's all right to post something like this here, so please forgive me if I erred. I am not trying to solicit anything ... I am just trying to test the waters to see if a service like this would be of interest to anyone.

Thank you for taking the time to read my post! Happy designing! :wink:

donakat
04-14-2010, 09:42 AM
This could be a great service. I know it's awful to find out you've made a typo AFTER you've printed your layout, and as an editor myself I know how hard it is to see your own mistakes. I hope people will take you up on this. Perhaps you could just use this thread as a place for people to put their links to layouts asking for help with proofing their journaling. Bartering for services is a great way to help each other!