PDA

View Full Version : Man Scrappers/designers

carolyn17_4
04-13-2010, 09:37 AM
I actually came across a designer that is a guy. For some reason this just really suprised me. I mean, honestly, this is quite the woman dominated hobby. But, it got me to wondering if there were more than I actually really knew? The guy I came across was Sir Scrapalot. Do you know of any other men designers in the digi world??

geniaBeana
04-13-2010, 10:00 AM
I've come across a few. I can't name any off the top of my head, except of course the one you've mentioned, though.

britaneejean
04-13-2010, 10:03 AM
i know of sir scrapalot and a few others. the ones i've heard of have usually started in the graphic design & do this as a side thing. let's be honest, this is a huge market :laugh: we're all completely addicted & if we see a cute kit-we HAVE.TO.HAVE.IT lol they're just playing it smart.

webdesignmom
04-13-2010, 10:10 AM
I'm not surprised, I mean there are male Avon ladies, I mean sales reps., and they are also woman dominated.

geniaBeana
04-13-2010, 10:43 AM
After all, this is just a part of the graphics design industry, which I am sure is a male dominated industry.

I'm sure they see the potential and have the skills to make awesome designs for digiscrap. On the other hand I am contemplating going back to school and finally getting a degree in graphics design or visual communications.

carolyn17_4
04-13-2010, 05:35 PM
Oh I completely agree that the market is there and whoever can get it on it, well.. more power to them! I just had never "noticed" a guy designer before and I've been buying kits for 5 years. He's the first I've ever come across and it just kind of made me do a double take. LOL

triciacurtis
04-16-2010, 06:31 PM
I only know of 2... Sir Scrapalot and Benthai Creations (sp?)