PDA

View Full Version : Tell me your most......

j_camargo6
04-07-2010, 02:30 PM
effective remedy for morning sickness.....PLEASE!
I'll try anything at this point!

SparkysGirl
04-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Jenn ... I'm so sorry you're experiencing such terrible "morning sickness". What worked for me was plain old ordinary saltine crackers. I figured out if I kept a couple on my tummy, I didn't have sickness so bad. My friend at work could stave it off with a vanilla scented candle in addition to the saltines. Smells bothered me, too ... she figured out that the vanilla candle helped.

Well ... those are my tips ... hopefully you'll get hit on something that will do the trick. I will pray hard for this to subside.

BTW ... did you have this with the princesses? Could this be an early indicator that a "prince" is on the way?

marshmella
04-07-2010, 02:53 PM
Oh no :frown: Fortunatly, I never had morning sickness so I am sorry I can not help you :frown:! I hope someone can though!!

j_camargo6
04-07-2010, 03:03 PM
Nope, I didn't really have it with the princesses....a little bit of yuck feeling in the early evening was all I did with them...all of them. This one is an all day long, dash for the sink, kinda thing. Smells, mention of certain foods, just about anything sets me off. May be a prince, but could just be that I'm as old as Methusala...or close, LOL

dylabel
04-07-2010, 03:42 PM
First of all congratulations!! I hadn't heard :) My saving graze was peppermint, candy, tea, ice cream - anything peppermint. Apparently it is a natural remedy for upset bellies - try the tea, it always worked for me.

I don't know about this but I did see morning sickness suckers at babies r us last summer - never used them but it wouldn't hurt to check them out.

Feel better soon - hopefully it is the sign of a Prince!!

Debra
04-07-2010, 03:55 PM
oh.. I hope it's a sign of a prince.. I had terrible morning sickness with both of my first two..who happened to be my prince's! & nothing worked either, I just got use to the morning "routine" and it finally ended around 4/5 months... then felt better than ever!

You have my sweet sympathy!

Hugs!

JAB
04-07-2010, 03:58 PM
I sucked on peppermints and lemon drops ALL day long- and when I wasn't I was eating- grapes, pretzel sticks, - anything I could carry with me as I was teaching. I had horrible morning( all day) sickness with both of mine- I found that when I did eat something it helped so I ate :)

My main thing was smells- I couldn't go to the grocery because of all the smells! at least I got out of that chore for a few months!

Good luck and I hope you find some relief soon

donakat
04-07-2010, 04:32 PM
Ooooh, I feel for you, Jenn. I, too, had it bad. With the second it was 8 months long, and several stays in the emergency room. So, it could be worse for you:lmao:. By all means, stay away from the grocery store, people who wear perfume, and anything else that gives you a bad feeling. Your body is telling you something! It kept me away from coffee for a long time. The only remedy that worked for me is a medication not on the market anymore, so no help there. Saltines before you even get up in the morning can be a help, at least they were for me the first pg.

britnkaysmemaw2
04-07-2010, 04:46 PM
I am so sorry the little "prince" is making you ill. Hopefully this means he or she will be an angel when they arrive! I can't help with any ideas, I can't even remember back that far, ROFLMBO. Now that is older than methusala!!!!!!!!

tweederbug
04-07-2010, 05:12 PM
I didn't know you were expecting .. CONGRATS. I wasn't sick with my 2 kids. I did get sick once with dd after I ate McDonalds to late at night. Then again .. that could make anybody sick :laugh:.

My doctor told me that if I experience any type of morning sickness eat a raw potato. My friend was sick and did it and said it worked. I would also say keep something in your stomach. I had another friend that said that before she got out of bed,she ate crackers. Kept them beside her bed.

tbcarter2002
04-07-2010, 05:23 PM
Congrats Jenn, I didn't know you were expecting. Saltines worked pretty well for me and if you can avoid the grocery store. The smells in the dairy/meat sections always did me in. Ugh! Hope you get past the "sickness" part soon.

agarzaldynrd
04-07-2010, 05:46 PM
Jenn, I was sick for 3 months and like clockwork, I hit 3 months and I was OK!! I still couldn't eat lots of things that I normally loved but the throwing up basically went away.

I used to suck on jolly ranchers...preferably the red fire ones. For awhile, that was all I could eat!!

Hope you get to feeling better.

carolyn17_4
04-07-2010, 06:18 PM
That has to be one of the worst feelings. Poor you!! I found that keeping very small amounts of dry things like a shreddie or dry cracker helped. It also helped for me to get really fresh air. Any odor of any kind would always send me into a gagging fit. I've heard of preggy pops, but have never tried them. I think you can google that and find out where they are sold? {{hugs}}

j_camargo6
04-08-2010, 05:49 AM
Oooh, thanks gals....I'll definitely try the peppermint or lemon drop thing....I have found Red Raspberry Leaf Tea to work....but I can't carry around a hot cup of tea with me all day long....just doesn't work with my lifestyle, LOL....but keeping a candy in my mouth...I might be able to manage that.

I hear you all on the grocery store....I've left the last 2 times in tears because I was so overwhelmed with smells....unfortunately, buying for a family as large as mine on a tight budget is a skill that evades my sweet hubby, so I'm pretty much stuck with it :)

Thanks to you all for coming to my rescue!

britaneejean
04-08-2010, 06:07 AM
babies r us has those anti-nausea suckers, as does motherhood maternity jenn. they didn't work for me but sucking on jolly ranchers did. i was only able to keep diet coke & jolly ranchers done for the first 4 months. i had it the entire time. my ob gave me a prescription for zofran (get the generic though because it gets expensive!!) and that's the only way i was able to work at my dental office (yeah, LOTS of smells!). before the zofran though i would take 1/2 unisom before bed & it would help in the morning. take it with a b6 or b12 pill (i can't remember, sorry!) & it's supposed to help too. if it's too severe that the unisom doesn't work, then they usually prescribe zofran. good luck!

j_camargo6
04-08-2010, 06:11 AM
Thanks, Britanee.....the midwives offered to prescribe Zofran, but I hate taking stuff, so I said no, I would try and deal with it on my own.
I'm going to try the sucking on something...I'm hoping that will work...

Scrappinsass
04-09-2010, 02:47 AM
OH WOW Jenn.. congrats!! I hadn't heard either.. and like Michaela.. I didn't get morning sickness... but maybe that's cause I had two boys.... dunno.. maybe I was just lucky.. Sure hope you find a solution! :biggrin:

californiateri
04-09-2010, 09:05 AM
The only thing that helped me was sucking on pieces of ice and nibbling on saltines. Thankfully at 3 months (almost to the day) it all stopped and I felt great the rest of the time.

Hope you can find some relief!

triciacurtis
04-09-2010, 12:36 PM
Jenn, ginger and peppermint also helped me when I was pregnant early with my sweet prince. Like sucking on peppermints, peppermint tea or ginger tea, gingersnaps. Nothing completely took it away, but helped to alleviate. Hope you feel better soon!

jhyll
04-10-2010, 06:48 AM
Oh Jenn! Congratulations!!!! I am so happy for you.................well when the morning sickness is over with, lol! My 'morning ' sickness translated into 'all day' sickness, so I really do feel for you. Don't know if you get them in the States but I found Marie Biscuits helped to a degree. More so than anything else.
Good luck and I hope you pass this stage of pregnancy quickly.
Hugs xoxoxo

Darlene Currie
04-10-2010, 09:01 AM
Congrats! I had morning sickness for the first trimester when I was expecting my son. Nothing when I had my daughter. As with you, all of a sudden certain foods and smells, just made me nauseous so I avoided them. I tried saltines first thing in the morning and that helped a bit. Ginger helped me out a great deal. Hopefully it is going to be a short run for you.

SparkysGirl
04-10-2010, 10:29 AM
Thinking about you, Jenn! I hope you found a remedy that is working ...

Andrea
04-10-2010, 12:14 PM
Congrats on the expecting arrival! I didn't have much morning sickness, but when I did, I found that soda crackers on the night stand stopped it right out. As soon as I woke up in the morning, I at several of them. Then, I stayed in bed a few more minutes and then I was fine when I got up. Maybe that will help. Good luck to you!