PDA

View Full Version : Lets get to know each other! :)

carolyn17_4
03-30-2010, 12:29 PM
I think it would be fun to learn a few little details about each other in the GDS family here. Just copy and paste with your own answers. :)

Your username/name... Carolyn17_4, and Carolyn
How did you pick your username? Mine is more obvious. My name, plus my favorite number (dorky I know) and the number of kids I have.
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? 5 years now
What programs do you use? Photoshop Cs2
How do you display your work? I upload all my pages to shutterfly and get them to print it up in a hardbound book.
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? For me I love gallery browsing and I've found going through the old speed scraps to be a treasure trove of layout ideas!
Married? 13 years
Kids, and if so their ages? I have 4. Aged 10, 9, 6 and 1.
Hobbies besides scrapping? I love to read, photography and cooking. Sometimes I crotchet as well although I'm only good enough to make scarves and blankets.
What country are you in? Canada

britaneejean
03-30-2010, 12:42 PM
Great idea Carolyn! Super cute siggy also! i love it :laugh:
Here's mine

Your username/name. britaneejean/Britanee
How did you pick your username? mine's also really obvious but it's my first & middle names. it's my email address & that helps me remember it! haha
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? about 3 years but i've only been using PSE since this past January.
What programs do you use? i use PSE7 but was using Memory Mixer (anyone know that program?)
How do you display your work? i'm horrible at printing out my pages but when i do, i put them in a 12x12 album
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? gallery lurking! that & templates help me out ALOT!
Married? almost 3 1/2 years
Kids, and if so their ages? I have 1 little girl-16 months old
Hobbies besides scrapping? is date night considered a hobby? if so, then that's mine! haha i love to shop & hang out with family/friends as well. i also love to relax with my DH while watching tv/movies at night.
What country are you in? I live in Utah in the US

that was fun! who's next???

carolyn17_4
03-30-2010, 12:56 PM
Kids, and if so their ages? I have 1 little girl-16 months old
Hobbies besides scrapping? is date night considered a hobby? if so, then that's mine! haha i love to shop & hang out with family/friends as well. i also love to relax with my DH while watching tv/movies at night.

my little guy is almost 15 months. I "thought" ours were pretty close in age! You had her in November? I was due end of December 08', but he decided to hang out until Jan. 09'.. little toot! lol

I love shopping too... forgot that one. hehe

Dh and I like to watch finished tv series at nights. It's like watching a long long long movie for a few weeks. I really like it though:laugh:

britaneejean
03-30-2010, 01:04 PM
my little guy is almost 15 months. I "thought" ours were pretty close in age! You had her in November? I was due end of December 08', but he decided to hang out until Jan. 09'.. little toot! lol

Dh and I like to watch finished tv series at nights. It's like watching a long long long movie for a few weeks. I really like it though:laugh:

haha! i had her dec 3 2008-your's is a little toot! haha forget that tax break then :laugh:

i LOVE shopping but it's difficult to do so on a student's salary...maybe that's why digi-scrapping's so addicting to me :biggrin: it's not as expensive!

tweederbug
03-30-2010, 01:50 PM
Your username/name... tweederbug/Sheila

How did you pick your username? It's a nickname that I use for my kids :)!

How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? 5 years now

What programs do you use? Photoshop Cs2

How do you display your work? I have them printed at a local printing place ..
40 cents for 8x8. I then store them on stands for everyone to see.

What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? I agree,I browse galleries and sometimes I use templates.

Married? 6 years

Kids, and if so their ages? I have 2. Deagan is 4 and Allysen is 3

Hobbies besides scrapping? I LOVE LOVE LOVE photography.Did I mention that I love photography and browsing websites for ideas for portraits.

What country are you in? Good old USA!

britnkaysmemaw2
03-30-2010, 01:52 PM
Great idea!!!

Your username/name... britnkaysmemaw2/Cathy
How did you pick your username? My granddaughters names & what they call me, and the #2 because I had to restart by username once, so just added the 2. Creative huh, LOL
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? 3 years
What programs do you use? PSE 7; But long to upgrade to PS CS 3 or 4
How do you display your work? I stink at this portion. I have printed out 2 books at 8x8, but mainly just display them at GDS & have several of mine on my Facebook page for family to see.
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? Browsing the gallery while doing my commenting, and when in a rut, Templates are the way to go.
Married? 40+ years to a wonderful man who is the love of my life.
Kids, and if so their ages? 3 Grown daughters, 2 granddaughters, and now a beautiful Foster Grandson (who we pray is going to be adopted into the family).
Hobbies besides scrapping? Who has time for hobbies right now. LOL. I watch my CBS soaps in the evenings after work while doing my commenting and checking out the Threads at GDS.
What country are you in? Missosuri-USA

diamndprincz
03-30-2010, 02:01 PM
Your username/name. DiamndPrincz/Tronesia
How did you pick your username? I use this name everywhere..had it since college...it's the name of an album I like(d) ..lol
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? since around December 2008
What programs do you use? Photoshop CS4..I was attached to PSP but I wanted to grow a little :-)
How do you display your work? I am a HUGE planner so I have not printed any layouts yet other than birthday invites..baby announcements and I made a collage for my daughter's room....so right now displaying in galleries and on my Facebook page and on my computer desktop at work
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? it could be an element in a kit...a photo that catches my attention...or looking through the gallery..orrr sometimes at work I will get an idea that I just have to try
Married? Ohh noo...not married...my SO and I have been together since June 2006
Kids, and if so their ages? I have one little lovebug...she is 22 months old
Hobbies besides scrapping?Hmm....it was video games...but for me to enjoy it, it takes time I don't have anymore...so scrapping is about it and I am getting into photography...oh AND I am a Twilight follower...this is definitely a hobby for me...lol..I check the latest news EVERY day :laugh:
What country are you in? the US of old A :-)

diamndprincz
03-30-2010, 02:05 PM
How did you pick your username? My granddaughters names & what they call me, and the #2 because I had to restart by username once, so just added the 2. Creative huh, LOL

I have been trying to figure that out since I got here! I never thought of that.

marshmella
03-30-2010, 02:21 PM
GREAT IDEA!!!

Your username/name... marshmella / Michaela
How did you pick your username? Longtime nickname formed from my real name (pronounced Mishella).
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? 3 years
What programs do you use? pse 6.0, ps 6.0, artrage & coral
How do you display your work? upload to online galleries, print some for books and for wall art too.
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? My DD! She is almost always the main focus of my pages!
Married? Yes, 3 years in June
Kids, and if so their ages? Yes. Daughter, Amirah, is 15 months old.
Hobbies besides scrapping? There are other things to do than scrap? I never knew. LOL!!! Just kidding. I like to cook, sew, EAT, spend time with my DD and family.
What country are you in? US, Wisconsin!

AZK
03-30-2010, 02:31 PM
Your username/name... AZK and Angie
How did you pick your username? It's just my initials. In hindsight, I should have been a *little* more creative, but it's too late now!
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? Just over 1 year
What programs do you use? PSE 7, which is actually a recent upgrade for me--I started on Photoshop 5!
How do you display your work? I've only had about a dozen pages printed. The rest are in galleries and on my blog.
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? I browse galleries a lot. If I hit a creative block I spend a day or so organizing my stash---looking at all my papers and ellies usually jump starts me again!
Married? 27 years!
Kids, and if so their ages? Three girls, ages 23, 21, and 19 years.
Hobbies besides scrapping? I love to read, and garden. I dabble in knitting, crocheting, quilting, needlepoint.
What country are you in? USA
:biggrin:

geniaBeana
03-30-2010, 03:06 PM
Your username/name... Val (valerie), geniaBeana
How did you pick your username? It's the name of our black cat ;) I've got a layout around her somewhere...

How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? Since 2007, although I used to do some fun stuff in photoshop with extractions and various works of art way back like 11 years ago. Didn't know what digiscrap was until 2006 or so. I started digi with gimp, then bought my bamboo tablet, which came with PSE5, and last May I invested in CS4.

How do you display your work?Mostly are posted in various galleries. I print some, but haven't uploaded any to be printed in a book yet. It's planned, just hasn't happened yet.

What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? Galleries.

Kids, and if so their ages? 2 kiddos DS is 5 and DD is 3
Hobbies besides scrapping? Photography, digiscrapping, sewing, collecting fabric (have you seen my stash, :D), knitting, baking, and when I put down the laptop I like to read.

clcayer
03-30-2010, 03:34 PM
Your username/name... clcayer, Christina
How did you pick your username? My first & middle initials and last name.
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? about a year
What programs do you use? PSE 6.0
How do you display your work? I upload all my pages to shutterfly and get them to print it up in a hardbound book.
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? I like looking through the gallery...you all are so creative!
Married? 10 years
Kids, and if so their ages? 1 daughter, Emma, age 7----would love to have had more, but couldn't.
Hobbies besides scrapping? I love to read, photography, shop, ....and facebook has become addictive.

FJchickie
03-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Your username/name... FJchickie/Lisa
How did you pick your username? It's from my FJ Cruiser, which I adore and the chickie part comes from my screen name on a few FJ forums
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? Only about 9 months
What programs do you use? Photoshop CS waiting for CS5 to upgrade
How do you display your work? I've been finishing up my CM albums, but I'm about ready to try my first photo book.
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? A fun photo of my boys (hubby, son, dog), a new kit and I love browsing the gallery.
Married? 16 years
Kids, and if so their ages? I have one, 14 year old boy.
Hobbies besides scrapping? I love to do machine embroidery, sew, go camping and 4-wheeling.
What country are you in? the US of A

daisydilly
03-30-2010, 04:00 PM
Your username/name...daisydilly/vicki

How did you pick your username: Seems I'm dilly all the time and daisy is my favorite flower

How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? a couple years

What programs do you use? Scrapbook Max V2

How do you display your work? online galleries and home printed albums

What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? what creative juices???:laugh:

Married? 34 yrs

Kids, and if so their ages? yes 3--33,32, 31 and 7 grands

Hobbies besides scrapping? I enjoy card making and still love to do decorative woodcrafting

britnkaysmemaw2
03-30-2010, 04:43 PM
I have been trying to figure that out since I got here! I never thought of that.

LOL--Well now you know Tronesia.

marshmella
03-30-2010, 05:13 PM
My DD is 15 months old too! Born Dec 28th 2008!!! :laugh:

carolyn17_4
03-30-2010, 05:26 PM

No way!! How cool is that! They are so much fun at this age aren't they? :twitcy:

honeyb
03-30-2010, 05:33 PM

Same date of my B-day!!!
Hello! Little sis (HUGS~)

agarzaldynrd
03-30-2010, 06:10 PM
This is a great idea!!!

Your username/name... agarzaldynrd-Anna

How did you pick your username? a=anna garza= last name ldynrd=lady in red which is my favorite color and also the color of every car I've had in the last 30 years!!! I know it also looks like lady nerd BUT it's not!!!

How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? 1 and 2 months

What programs do you use? I now use CS4

How do you display your work? Until recently I didn't!! I have now ordered 3 books from Snapfish and keep them on my coffee table.

What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? I like to look at our wonderful gallery and add to my faves. Then when I get stuck I look at my collection of faves and go from there. I also like to do the challenges here at GDS!!

Married? Happily divorced, still friends with my ex-husband. Live with my darling boyfriend Neal (3 years and going strong!!)

Kids, and if so their ages? 1 BEAUTIFUL 21 year old daughter!

Hobbies besides scrapping? Listening to music, dancing, reading, and I love taking naps when I can!!!

What country are you in? US

donakat
03-30-2010, 06:11 PM
Your username/name... donakat
How did you pick your username? When I started school I could only print part of my name: Dona Kathryn, so I've been donakat to my family since. My daughter is, predictably, AliCat:biggrin:
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? Since Sept 2008
What programs do you use? Photoshop CS4, Art Rage, Illustrator
How do you display your work? I print the ones I'm sure I'm finished with in 12/12 format for traditional scrapbooks with sleeves.
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? Photos of my granddaughter, vacations and general photography (a hobby).
Married? 41 years almost
Kids, and if so their ages? One of each kind, both grown.
Hobbies besides scrapping? Quilting, beading (jewelry), other needlecrafts, photography, genealogical research.
What country are you in? US, So. California

britaneejean
03-30-2010, 08:40 PM
Congrats on 41 years Dona!

Scrappinsass
03-31-2010, 04:06 AM
Your username/name... ScrappinSass / Lone
How did you pick your username? Nickname a fella gave me years ago *Sassy* plus what I like to to... scrap!
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? Coming up 1 year now!! I started doing PS classes last May because I wanted to use it with my greeting card hobby, and thought I should probably doing a bit of scrapping so I wouldn't loose what I'd learned.... and here I am a year later... scrapping and lovin it!
What programs do you use? CS3 and CS4 - 2 machines with different programs on each. Can't run the CS3 on new machine as it's a 64 bit system.
How do you display your work? I upload to the gallery and the ones of family I have printed out to 8 x 8 and give to family members for the albums I've started them on.
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? Usually some new technique I see in PhotoShop, some filter or other that I want to practice using - or colour combinations.. I love blending .. did you notice? lol
Married? 7 years this Monday
Kids, and if so their ages? 2 sons, 27 and almost 30, 2 step sons 26 and 28.
Hobbies besides scrapping? Hubby and I are members of local Camera Club of which I am the secretary and he manages the web site and the members roll. I also consume books by the ton (or so hubby says). In winter I like to crochet afghans - they keep me warm and busy at the same time. I also tap dance, and of course make greeting cards. The garden also keeps me busy, both gardening and photographing the critters that visit. Hubby and I also love our walks along any of the millions of beaches around here.
What country are you in? I'm in the beautiful city of Coffs Harbour, NSW, Australia. Google it...and zoom in to street level.. it will amaze you! :biggrin:

michellemomof3
03-31-2010, 04:45 AM
Great idea!! This is me:

Your username/name... Michellemomof3/Michelle
How did you pick your username? Mine is also obvious. My name plus the number of kids I have.
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? About 2 years now
What programs do you use? Photoshop 7
How do you display your work? This is the only gallery I post in & sometimes I will send the pages to the people the pages are about for them to see. I also print them out on regular paper & put them in scrapbooks.
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? I just wing it most of the time!
Married? Not legally but we've been together 9 years & neither of us is going anywhere!
Kids, and if so their ages? I have 3 - 12, 7, 5.
Hobbies besides scrapping? I love to read (can't stop re-reading Twilight saga) & play games

SparkysGirl
03-31-2010, 06:36 AM
Your username/name... SparkysGirl ... Lisa
How did you pick your username? Well, my hubby is an electrician, and he is called "Sparky" ... and I'm his girl :wink:.
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? Not quite a year. Actually, I started digiscrapping using Microsoft DIP at the end of April last year (so almost a year). However, after finding GDS last July, I made the decision to purchase PSE7 in August of last year. The learning curve made if feel like I was starting over from scratch. The wonderful folks here encouraged me to keep plugging away! I'm still learning, though!
What programs do you use? PSE7 ... I would love, love, love to have one of the CS-number products ... I just can't justify the expense.
How do you display your work? I uploade to a publisher (not often enough), and store the printed pages in protective 12x12 or 8x8 sleeves in albums. I also upload to my blog for family and friends.
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? I love looking through galleries. The creativity of others is so contagious. It's so strange, though, I often see scrapbook pages everywhere I look - television commercials will even trigger an idea for a layout. When I saw the movie Alice in Wonderland .. I saw a zillion scrap pages. So, I guess I get inspiration in a lot of places.
Married? 10 years on FRIDAY!!!!!!
Kids, and if so their ages? Three, soon-to-be 22, 20 and 18.
Hobbies besides scrapping? I am a bookworm - I love to read, photograpy (amateur for sure), spending time with my hubby (can that be a hobby? it sure is a treat!).

dylabel
03-31-2010, 06:42 AM
Your username/name... dylabel/Belinda
How did you pick your username? combo of my son (dylan) and belinda SO original :)
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? 6 years, traditional for over 10!
What programs do you use? Photoshop Cs3
How do you display your work? galleries, desktop, some printed books and pages
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? It really depends, the weather, the time of day (tend to be way more creative at night when everyone else is sleeping) I love browsing the web and just looking - amazing some of the things you can see!
Married? no but I live with my boyfriend of 6 years
Kids, and if so their ages? 3 boys 13 and 4 and one girl 3
Hobbies besides scrapping? so many! I enjoy card making, cross stitch (sounds so old, lol), reading and of tv is a hobby then I am addicted! Love music, something is always on and playing, wouldn't know what to do if I couldn't dance!
What country are you in? US - Erie PA

Randje
03-31-2010, 07:36 AM
Great idea!

Your username/name... Randje and Miranda
How did you pick your username? It's my nickname
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? I started about 4 years ago, but stopped for a year or two due to health issues. Since last January I am a total addict again!
What programs do you use? Photoshop CS4.
How do you display your work? I am still planning to print some books, but haven't gotten round to selecting the pages yet. I often print pages for friends and family, but weirdly not for me... And of course I have my blog (http://scraprandje.blogspot.com/) and galleries, of which my GDS gallery is my main gallery.
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? That could be everything... A great kit, a picture I love, a challenge, or of course someone elses layout. But my main inspiration would be my daughter...
Married? Nope but me and my boyfriend have been together since I was 17, so that's 20 years already... I think I am the weird exception to the rule, but I have never seen the point of marrying :wink:
Kids, and if so their ages? One girl age 4. You may just occasionally see her in one of my layouts :wub1:
Hobbies besides scrapping? I love to read (writers like Stieg Larsson, Arto Paasilinna, Dan Brown, Karin Slaughter to name a few) and photography. Ans jewelry making. I only wish I had more time...
What country are you in? the Netherlands

tbcarter2002
03-31-2010, 01:44 PM
Great idea Carolyn! I've enjoyed reading and getting to know some of you better.

Your username/name... tbcarter2002/Terri
How did you pick your username? Well, a few years ago, probably 2002, I was trying to sign up for Yahoo and tcarter and tbcarter (initals and last name) were obviously very popular. It kept telling that it wasn't available. Finally, I added the 2002 and it worked. I have used it at most recreational sites since then.
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? Almost 2 years (started paper scrapping about 1999 or 2000)
What programs do you use? Mostly PS CS3 now, sometimes PSE7
How do you display your work? Mostly here in the GDS gallery and on Facebook and MyFamily.com. I have printed some of the ones of my granddaugher at home sized to 8x8 and put into an album.
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? I love looking through the galleries at all the talent there and sometimes it's a kit or a particular photo or the challenges.
Married? My current husband, Fred, and I will have been married 25 years in August.
Kids, and if so their ages? I have 3 grown children and 8 grandchildren with #9 due around October.
Hobbies besides scrapping? I love sewing/machine embroidery (when I'm in the right mood), genealogical research, and reading.
What country are you in? USA, Northern Louisiana

elenasworld
03-31-2010, 06:07 PM
Your username/name... elenasworld / liz
How did you pick your username? elena is my dd's name. my dh and i were "discussing" a name for a family website and couldn't agree after days and days. someone tossed out "elenasworld" and it just happened
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? almost four years, but I have been paper crafting for over 30
What programs do you use? Photoshop CS3
How do you display your work? i have had several photobooks printed
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? i love browsing the gallery for inspiration and when I scrap, I usually start with the photo and go from there
Married? yes, we have been together for 14 years
Kids, and if so their ages? my dd is 4.5 and I have numerous fur-babies
Hobbies besides scrapping? paper crafting, rubber stamping, card making, embroidery, machine embroidery, quilting, photography

(let's talk embroidery, sewing, and machine embroidery 'cause I don't just have a digi-stash and cannot part with my fabric or my fibers or my fusible webbing)

britnkaysmemaw2
03-31-2010, 06:30 PM
Liz----(let's talk embroidery, sewing, and machine embroidery 'cause I don't just have a digi-stash and cannot part with my fabric or my fibers or my fusible webbing)

Have you ever heard--"whoever dies with the most fabric wins?" LOL. My Mom is an avid sewer/quilter, and we have this saying posted on the door to the little room where she has her stash. We always tease her that she has already won.

JAB
03-31-2010, 06:35 PM
Your username/name... JAB/ Julie
How did you pick your username? My initials- original right ;)
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? about 3 years
What programs do you use? Photoshop Cs4
How do you display your work? I upload some for hardbound books but my hubby got me a printer that can print 12X12 so I have started printing at home
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? I stalk...I mean browse ...galleries-
Married? 9 years this month
Kids, and if so their ages? Jackson is 7 and Anna is 4
Hobbies besides scrapping? I love to read, photography and shuttling my kids to various activities ( is that a hobby?)
What country are you in?USA- Georgia

CGOOD
03-31-2010, 06:39 PM
Your username/name... CGOOD
How did you pick your username? - Not very creative, it's my first initial and the first four letters of my last name.
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking?- I think I started in 2008.

What programs do you use?- I use Acdsee Photo Editor 2008. It was very easy to learn. I hope to get Photoshop Elements
and take the courses here, when I get more time to learn.
How do you display your work? - Usually here in the gallery, I have had some prints printed and a book
made for a friend.
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping?- Not really sure, sometimes I really struggle
with the creative process.
Married?- Not legally, but have been living with my boyfriend for almost 18 years.
Kids, and if so their ages?- Unfortunately no, but I have worked with preschool children for
over 25 years so that has helped to fill the void and I have neices and nephews.
Hobbies besides scrapping? Crossword puzzles, reading, music and bowling. Unfortunately my mother is quite ill
so I have not had much time for hobbies.
What country are you in? Canada

tbcarter2002
03-31-2010, 06:44 PM
Have you ever heard--"whoever dies with the most fabric wins?" LOL. My Mom is an avid sewer/quilter, and we have this saying posted on the door to the little room where she has her stash. We always tease her that she has already won.[/QUOTE]

Don't be so sure Cathy.......you haven't seen my stash. LOL!

carolyn17_4
03-31-2010, 07:12 PM
Hey Chris (CGOOD) I just noticed that you were from Winnipeg! I go to Winnipeg all the time! Shop at St. Vital or sometimes when I'm brave at Polo park. ....and always scared to death my truck won't be in the parking lot when I come out! LOL :wink:

donakat
03-31-2010, 09:06 PM
Don't be so sure Cathy.......you haven't seen my stash. LOL!

Or mine!!

honu
03-31-2010, 11:00 PM
Your username/name... Honu
How did you pick your username? A honu is a sea turtle and they are seen as good luck.
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? One year
What programs do you use? PSE 8
How do you display your work? I use Costco photo service to print them and keep them in an album. I'm thinking of framing a few to put up in the house, too. Also, I had calendars made for 2010 with a layout for each month.
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? Templates, looking through the gallery, or looking at ways of tweaking pages I've done.
Married? 17 years in July
Kids, and if so their ages? One boy (9) and one girl (6).
Hobbies besides scrapping? Reading, walking on the beach, Taekwondo
:balloons:

lilusmom
04-02-2010, 10:23 AM
Your username/name... lilusmom Debby in the real world!
How did you pick your username? I chose Lilu is my Pomeranian. She was just a little ball of fluff when I chose it, but now she is a 16 (yes 16) pound dog that we call the Brat! Seemed right at the time especially since my kids would have been severely embarrassed if I used beckaandjaysmom!
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? about 6 years or so.
What programs do you use? Fotofusion
How do you display your work? I print my own pages in 8 x 8 and put them in albums and also make them into slideshows. I also make chipboard books too.
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? I do things backwards (find a kit I like then find the photo), forwards (Find kits to match photos) and usually just play around until I like it! But I do like to see new ideas from others layouts and in mags. I usually have to readjust things to be able to use my program as it has no real bells and whistles.
Married? 23 years
Kids, and if so their ages? I have 4. 2 Stepsons, 31 and 32 and 1 daughter 21 and my son is 19. I have 3 grandchildren 9, 7, 2 and one on the way.
Hobbies besides scrapping? I like to take photos, travel and made hybrid books and cards.
What country are you in? US

Darlene Currie
04-02-2010, 12:37 PM
Your username/name: Darlene Currie
How did you pick your username? Well, it was by accident really. When I registered, I typed my name in before I realized it was supposed to be my screen name. What a dummy!
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? About 2-1/2 years. I was doing paper scrapping before that. Even as a child I made scrapbooks - of things like postcards sent from an Aunt in Dallas, my ribbons and medals, all the cards I received. Apparently my pack-rat mentality started at an early age!
What programs do you use? Photoshop CS3 and Illustrator CS3. Would love to upgrade, but can't afford it right now.
How do you display your work? It really depends on what I've done. I create home-made cards for birthdays, holidays. They're always so welcomed. I've made my own books by buying little photo books. I'll print the pages to fit - usually 8" x 8" so I can print on my home printer. Then I usually decoupage papers and designs on the front and back covers so it looks like an authentic little book. And then of course there's the scrapbooking galleries.
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? That really depends. I draw inspiration from so many areas, but I'm always conscious of colours - be it in my garden, in a fabric shop or reading a magazine. Sometimes I'll find a photo I really want to use and find a kit to match or it could be visa versa. I love reading other people's blogs and peruse scrap galleries. There's just so many talented people on-line nowadays.
Married? Single parent.
Kids, and if so their ages? I have 2. A son whose 29 and a daughter whose 28.
Hobbies besides scrapping? I love to read, I'm into sports (love my Canucks), although you wouldn't know it by the shape of my body these days! I love to garden, hang out with friends and family and of course travelling - even if it's just an overnighter camping just outside of town or a day sailing trip.
What country are you in? The great Pacific Northwest, Vancouver, Canada.

redhotdesigns
04-05-2010, 09:35 AM
Your username/name: redhotdesigns / Sharon Gabrielson
How did you pick your username? I began selling stamps for The Angel Company. My team name is Red Hot Design Team so I just carried it over to my online identity.
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? A little over a year.
What programs do you use? Photoshop CS4 extended
How do you display your work? scrapbooking galleries; print them out for my scrapbooks
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? other people (blogs, magazines, etc); nature; advertisements
Married? Yes, almost 10 years
Kids, and if so their ages? a son who is 6
Hobbies besides scrapping? I love gadgets; playing with my cricut; photography; paper crafting

irishgull
04-05-2010, 11:34 AM
Your username/name... Irishgull, Rosaria (Rosie)
How did you pick your username? 10 years ago I used to say to a friend that I was like a seagull. One year after I opened my first email account and at the time to choose my nickname I couldn't choose seagull as this nick was already taken. I was leaving in Ireland, I was in love of Ireland (I still am) and Irishgull came on its own.
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? 11 months
What programs do you use? Photoshop Cs
How do you display your work? I printed and framed only two of my pages (for presents) and I made pages for my parents and my aunt's family for their digital frames. I'm plannig to have books printed, with I haven't done it so far.
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? Every day is different. Sometimes as soon as I see papers or elements I have ideas, sometimes I recall pages seen somewhere, but most of the times I put all the elements on a paper and the elements tell me where they want to go.
Married? Single
Kids, and if so their ages? No
Hobbies besides scrapping? Travelling, reading, spending time with friends, knitting and shopping (most window shopping!!)
What country are you in? Italy

webdesignmom
04-05-2010, 12:01 PM
Your username/name... webdesignmom
How did you pick your username? My interests in webdesign and I use it at a few other sites.
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking? New to this.
What programs do you use? photoshop cs4
How do you display your work? Just in the gallery for now.
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing in scrapping? My kids inspire me in everything I do. Married? 17 1/2 Years
Kids, and if so their ages? I have 2. Ages 9 and 13.
Hobbies besides scrapping? Cooking and collecting wine. What country are you in? USA, Ohio

jnbifl@yahoo.com
06-12-2010, 09:01 AM
Trying to figure out if it's best to buy a printer ($199 for either epson or hp) plus costs of cartridges to print out scrapbook pages or try to send them off to be printed. I have taken so many pictures since going digital but they all seem to stay on my computer. I want to get back into the creative world. Any advice! Just found this web site and I am excited!:roses:

elenasworld
06-12-2010, 09:33 AM
I think some people love the flexibility of being able to print their own photos and pages (and for me, some paper crafting projects). I have found that my Epson printer is great, but it uses ink like crazy and wont work even if it has just one cartridge empty. That has led to a lot of frustration, and expense to replace the cartridges.
Now, I print selectively and will only print photos or a page here and there.
I tend not to print all my layouts, but I will make a few bound photo books a year. Until I can get completely organize, I am just not ready to print all my layouts. I view them online and on one of those digital frames too

GDS has some fabulous 12x12 printing options that you can see HERE (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=52)

mom2snn
06-12-2010, 10:00 AM
Your username/name.mom2snn/Cynthia
How did you pick your username? Mom to "2" and my daughter's initials
How long have you been digitally scrapbooking?3 1/2 years I think
What programs do you use? PSP XI
How do you display your work? Mainly here
What things inspire you to get your creative juices flowing?Looking at the gallery and kits
Married? 2 1/2 years but together for 9 years
Kids, and if so their ages? 2, DD will be 4 in a week:cry: and DS will be 9 months wed
Hobbies besides scrapping?Not really lol
What country are you in? Georgia, USA