PDA

View Full Version : Problems recently on the site

donakat
03-22-2010, 10:33 AM
Anyone else upgrade to Firefox 3.6 for Mac? I think it's giving me some problems with the site, but am not sure if that's it. I'm getting errors like "Invalid Call..." when posting replies, and have to go back and try submitting again. Also, had a problem with a layout which I now see got double posted. It was not posting for me the first time, just showed me a blank screen when I submitted it with the description, and for a couple of hours didn't show the layout. So, I resubmitted it, and this morning I find there are two copies. Oh well... Anyone else having a problem?

elenasworld
03-22-2010, 01:00 PM
I have heard of other people having issues with 3.6, so I haven't upgraded.
I have had issues though with the double posting at another site, where like you said the screen is blank, so you have no idea what is going on. i dont know if that is my issue though, since my internet goes in and out, all the time

landofoz
03-22-2010, 04:38 PM
Anyone else upgrade to Firefox 3.6 for Mac? I think it's giving me some problems with the site, but am not sure if that's it. I'm getting errors like "Invalid Call..." when posting replies, and have to go back and try submitting again. Also, had a problem with a layout which I now see got double posted. It was not posting for me the first time, just showed me a blank screen when I submitted it with the description, and for a couple of hours didn't show the layout. So, I resubmitted it, and this morning I find there are two copies. Oh well... Anyone else having a problem?

I:bump:use firefox 3.6 no problems ............. maggie

SlidingKat
03-22-2010, 05:58 PM
Firefox 3.6 for Windows has been working fine for me.

triciacurtis
03-22-2010, 06:12 PM
I can't get the mac version to even open, it freezes on open and I have to force quit every time. I've googled and many other people are having problems, but not updates that I've seen for any fixes.

southflascrapper
03-23-2010, 03:28 AM
Tricia, I had to uninstall Mozilla Firefox (upgraded version) from my computer because it keeps crashing. I am using IE now because of all of the problems that were arising from Firefox.

donakat
03-23-2010, 07:59 AM
I've gone back to FF 3.5, and will see whether that resolves the problems.

triciacurtis
03-23-2010, 05:23 PM
Hmmm, how were you able to go back a version? I've tried that with time capsule but it's not working, and I haven't found a previous version to download. I don't want to uninstall it yet, I would like to pull some of my bookmarks off it first.

donakat
03-23-2010, 06:18 PM
I used the old installer for 3.5 which was still on my HD. Installing a new version doesn't overwrite the bookmarks, so it's no problem in terms of that. I just put the 3.6 version in a folder, renamed to FF 3.6, so it wouldn't load from my alias in the dock. If you want the dmg file for 3.5, I can send it to you. Just PM me.

Scrappinsass
03-24-2010, 01:52 AM
Maggie, I think you're using Windows 7 - Dona has an Apple Mac.. different operating system :)

landofoz
03-24-2010, 05:55 AM
so sorry Donna i have just been informed i use win7

triciacurtis
03-24-2010, 09:17 AM
Thanks Dona, just sent you a PM!

donakat
03-24-2010, 09:16 PM
An update: since going back to FF 3.5, have not had any of the problems I mentioned, nor some others that I didn't mention because they didn't relate to GDS. So I'll bide my time before upgrading again. And I advise you to save the last version of software whenever you upgrade--could rescue you from a similar situation!

landofoz
03-25-2010, 01:01 AM
It's great everyone here is so Helpful

donakat
03-25-2010, 11:02 AM
Hey Maggie, great new avatar and siggie!

Andrea
03-25-2010, 01:29 PM
I haven't upgraded yet. I've learned that Firefox is often unstable after an upgrade. I wish they could get it right so it didn't crash and do crazy things!

Scrappinsass
03-25-2010, 02:29 PM
I use Opera.. don't have those problems.. but I have firefox installed because for some reason when I'm doing a cut and paste from opera, it doesn't like copying the pictures.. firefox is good at doing that. :biggrin:.. not sure if Opera has a mac version .. but I'm betting they do

triciacurtis
03-26-2010, 09:51 AM
Well I can't get the 3.5 version to work - thanks Dona for trying to help.

But I did find the bookmarks file so I can go through and at least have those. If anyone else is looking for them, find them here:

Your home folder > Library > Application Support > Firefox > Profiles > name.default folder > bookmarkbackups folder

I just opened the latest version with TextEdit and am doing a "http://" search to grab them - it's easier to find them this way through all of the coding. And I will keep this file intact for when Firefox decides to fix all their problems.

donakat
03-26-2010, 11:40 AM
Sorry the dmg file doesn't work for you Tricia. But good news, I finally found a source for the old apps: http://mac.oldapps.com/firefox.php. For PC people, look here: http://www.oldapps.com/firefox.php. Good luck!

triciacurtis
03-28-2010, 02:21 PM
Thanks Dona, will try it and see if I can get one of them to work!

landofoz
04-02-2010, 02:37 AM
Hey Maggie, great new avatar and siggie!
Thanks Dona but a wee bit too small