PDA

View Full Version : Hybrid anyone?

geniaBeana
03-19-2010, 10:55 AM
I've been gearing up to delve into this side of scrapping for a little while now. Anyone here do any hybrid projects or interested in learning?

britaneejean
03-19-2010, 11:19 AM
i've always wanted to! my problem is that i'd actually have to print it out :) i always forget to print!

donakat
03-19-2010, 08:16 PM
I've done some, and am preparing another little something now. Love to see what you come up with as a challenge, Val!

elenasworld
03-19-2010, 08:47 PM
I do little projects here and there.
For my dd's valentine's day party at school, I made treat toppers and candy wrappers. I have made bookmarks and decorations for my dd's litlte parties.

Lately I have been working on scanning my dd's school projects and then adding some digi-flair. It has been fun to break up my rulers and cutting tools. I use the rotary cutter on everything -- fabric, paper, card making. It is my favorite tool.

geniaBeana
03-19-2010, 09:07 PM
Unless you count the fact that when I was a paper scrapper I almost always printed my title work or made my own word art on the computer and printed that out I've not much hybrid stuff at all. I had planned at Christmas to print out Holly Jolly and make some tags, but wound up going to the paper scrap store and walking out with about $50 worth of supplies. A girls gotta have glitter, right? lol

These are the extent of my hybrid attempts thus far:

http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/vsteinkoenig/scrapbooking/MISC%20Scrap%20images/IMG_6819_filtered.jpg

My favorite of the bunch:
http://i77.photobucket.com/albums/j53/vsteinkoenig/scrapbooking/MISC%20Scrap%20images/IMG_6821_filtered.jpg

I know I'd probably choose a different adhesive next time, but I sure loved my glue pad and my micro glitters :)

donakat
03-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Love those tags, Val!

Scrappinsass
03-20-2010, 12:15 AM
I do heaps of hybrid stuff!! Having said that.. I do layouts or calendars or tumbler inserts, bookmarks or things like that .. I posted some tumbler inserts I made last Dec. and I use the layouts I've done and mounted them on MDF board to make different things ie: coasters, place mats (lamented first), trays, covered paper mache boxes etc etc.. heaps of things you can do with it! :biggrin:

Hubby says I could open up a store with the stuff I've got LOL

britnkaysmemaw2
03-20-2010, 08:50 AM
The closest I got to hybrid was making bookmarks and tags at Christmas time using the templates from some of the designers here at GDS and then printing them and adding string. Creative aren't I? LOL

geniaBeana
03-20-2010, 06:13 PM
I bought myself some paper and some adhesives tonight. When I cleaned up my desk to uncover the printer I found a littel 8x8 blank board book I had bought in December.

I love my nice, clean desk! I can easily access my scanner and printer and have all of my "to be turned into digital" stash organized and out of the way. I may not be entirely ready to start a hybrid project, but at least my work space is clean and I can find everything I need when I need it now.

I took some after pictures. I'm too embarrassed to show the befores. My creative process has never been neat ::laugh:

dylabel
03-20-2010, 06:19 PM
That is the most important part...knowing what you have and using it to the best of it's ability. As for adhesive I use the glue rollers that look like white out...not sure what brand...but I would be lost without it. Templates are nice to have or a craft cutter of some kind or a punch works nicely.

elenasworld
03-20-2010, 08:56 PM
I made a fun little card with Waiting on the Sun
I couldn't find my brown cardstock since my craft room was dismantled and is now in three different rooms and the hallway.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/757/adsr12_hoppy-spring-card.jpg (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=79167&ppuser=2094)

for big projects, I love my xyron machine. I have covered boxes easily with fabric that has been run through the xyron. I have a little mini one too that is 4x6 size and while that misses adhesive in spots, it is still really handy.

my dd has gotten the hang of tape runners, so with her we use glue stick. She still uses too much white glue (and cant stand to spread it with her fingers) and makes a mess with regular old tape. I am starting her out early, hoping she will like crafting too.

geniaBeana
03-21-2010, 07:30 AM
That's a cute card.

It appears I'm going to have to go on another supply run. I got my 3 year old DD interested in "scrapbooking" and she's stealing all my flowers and pop dots.
I think we'll be making a run out to Jo-Anns to grab some stuff from their Color Bok dollar bins. I had one of their little 4x4 mini albums and papers and she just put together a little book and used the end of one of my tape rollers.