PDA

View Full Version : Site Makeover!

HollyS
04-27-2007, 09:10 PM
Deb and I are super excited to unveil our new look to all of you! We sure hope you like it! :biggrin:

Some new things you'll find as you browse around our site:

a brand new home page geared toward providing you a hint at what we have going on at any given time.
fresh new brighter look.
new menu available on all pages that allows you to jump to key areas of our site. Some of these areas you may not have known existed because they were hard to find. Some folks didn't even know we had a "Beginner Resources" area...now you will and now you can get to it from the menu at the top.
Each area (Gallery, Forum & Store) has their own menu geared toward providing things that apply specifically to that area.

Please don't hesitate to give us feedback...we want to know if you like it or not, if you used to be able to do something and now you don't know how or aren't able to, etc. So just post here with any feedback you have.

And psssst! Still more changes coming around the corner!!!! We're not over yet!:gogo:

Helen
04-27-2007, 09:19 PM
WOW - WOW - WOW - I just came by and what a difference.
It is SO BRIGHT! This WOKE ME UP!

I'll have to do some checking out now you are back up.

This looks amazing so far.

Didn't take long for you - CONGRATULATIONS on your changes.

Helen

shellshok
04-27-2007, 09:33 PM
Wow the new look looks great! Love the colors

shellshok
04-27-2007, 09:39 PM
Ok is it me or is there something wrong with the store pages? I get a blank screen & then have to scroll all the way over to the right to see what used to just be there when the screen came up.

Darla
04-27-2007, 09:46 PM
COOL new look!!! Can't wait to go through the whole site!! Great job!!! :vb_chirolp_iei: :vb_chirolp_iei: :vb_chirolp_iei:

MaggieMae
04-27-2007, 09:47 PM
This is looking great!! The store is a bit strange though - you have to go all the way to the right to see anything - just needs a little bit of tweaking!:wub1:
Love the new look!

Leslie Emery
04-27-2007, 10:01 PM
Hi girlies, Wow, Wow, Wow! The site look AWESOME. I love the bright cherry look! I love everything about it!
Thank you for all you do, for all of us, we sure do appreciate it :love-smiley-011:

Helen
04-27-2007, 10:12 PM
As I said before - everything looks great! Per the comment about the store looking funny - it's ok on my computer. Just an FYI.

island_princess
04-27-2007, 10:14 PM
I LOVE LOVE LOVE the new look
the colores are just so pretty..
and its so bright...
and to make things even better PINK is my favorite color..hehe

okekeca
04-27-2007, 10:33 PM
:gogo: GDS :gogo:
Now this is the coolest makeover......
I woke up this morning and went to have a look what is happening here.....and voila I thought I went to the wrong site. But NO its the bestest site now with the bestest look too.

can I just ask if it would be possible to get the text in black both here where Im writing (reply to thread)....lol (now its red) and on the buttons Submit replay and Preview post (now in white)
My poor old eyes has problems to see light text on white as I think there are others too.
Well, have to go and explore the site a little bit more.....see you :hi:

casey4
04-27-2007, 10:34 PM
Lovely colors.

twirlyjoy
04-28-2007, 12:47 AM
ooooh I LOVE LOVE LOVE it!! Bright and cheery to wake up to this morning! Can't wait to see what the other changes are going to be!!

btw, store looks great to me :)

lillykins
04-28-2007, 01:41 AM
:rock: I love it - what a lovely suprise ! Off now to explore.....

Lilly

bdjeepers
04-28-2007, 03:08 AM
:gogo: GDS :gogo:
Now this is the coolest makeover......
I woke up this morning and went to have a look what is happening here.....and voila I thought I went to the wrong site. But NO its the bestest site now with the bestest look too.

can I just ask if it would be possible to get the text in black both here where Im writing (reply to thread)....lol (now its red) and on the buttons Submit replay and Preview post (now in white)
My poor old eyes has problems to see light text on white as I think there are others too.
Well, have to go and explore the site a little bit more.....see you :hi:
Very pretty, but light pink text on white is hard for my older eyes to read, too, Carola.

Jassinc6
04-28-2007, 03:08 AM
I really love this new look. It certainly is easier to navigate. There is no need for me to get to where I want using two different ways anymore. Much easier and great look!

mosser77
04-28-2007, 03:20 AM
Very pretty! Can't wait to look around!

mosser77
04-28-2007, 03:30 AM
Ok is it me or is there something wrong with the store pages? I get a blank screen & then have to scroll all the way over to the right to see what used to just be there when the screen came up.

The same thing happened to me. I think it is a Firefox issue, because when I tried in Explorer, it worked fine.

latrischler
04-28-2007, 03:33 AM
I just discovered it this morning and WOW - it woke me up - I thought I was on the wrong site! Super Cute - great job!

HollyS
04-28-2007, 04:12 AM
Thanks everyone for giving us feedback so far! I'll check out the store in firefox and can fix a couple of things carola suggested.

HollyS
04-28-2007, 05:12 AM
Ok, I believe I've found the cause of the firefox issues with the screen content showing way down on the page or way over as in the store. Its now resolved. If anyone else has any issues using Firefox or any other browser other than IE, please let me know :)

kpollinger
04-28-2007, 05:29 AM
Wow! Where am I? This is SO cute and colorful and bright (don't get me wrong, I thought the previous site was pretty cool with that scroll entry way). This is gorgeous!

and wow the site is smokin fast!

Kimberly

߰
04-28-2007, 05:32 AM
How beautiful, love the look!

twirlyjoy
04-28-2007, 05:38 AM
I don't know if this is just me ( I use avant browser rather than IE or firefox, so it could be down to that), but when I reply to a post, I can't view all of the smilies as the page is too far over, and I can't scroll across to them. Am not sure if that makes sense or not, here is a print screen of what I see:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Twirlyjoy/Image1-1.jpg

Might just be my browser though!!

amyleigh1204
04-28-2007, 05:40 AM
I love the new look of the site! It is so fresh and pretty. Love the colors.

Doro
04-28-2007, 05:45 AM
Oh wow, wonderfully Ladies!
Good work, pleases me genuinly well!!!!!!!
:gogo:

tjmuse
04-28-2007, 05:52 AM
great new look but it needs some work, things are not lining up right

HollyS
04-28-2007, 05:56 AM
TJ, can you please elaborate?

brandiwest
04-28-2007, 06:49 AM
LOVE it!!! Great job ladies!!!*woot

MaggieMae
04-28-2007, 06:50 AM
Hi Holly,

I use Firefox, too, and the store problem is still there - it's way over to the right. Now that I'm replying to this message - it has shifted to the right also so that some of the Smilies are off the page to the right, but there's plenty of room on the left to move the Reply to Thread over.

Hope this helps a bit - the store is the hardest - each time you click on something you have to scroll all the way over again.

Thanks for all your hard work. The site looks wonderful!

MaggieMae
04-28-2007, 06:51 AM
I don't know if this is just me ( I use avant browser rather than IE or firefox, so it could be down to that), but when I reply to a post, I can't view all of the smilies as the page is too far over, and I can't scroll across to them. Am not sure if that makes sense or not, here is a print screen of what I see:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v654/Twirlyjoy/Image1-1.jpg

Might just be my browser though!!

Joy,

I'm having the same problem and I use Firefox. Your print screen showed the problem. We have plenty of room at the left!

Jaynice55
04-28-2007, 06:58 AM
Wow...thought I was in the wrong place. Love the new colors and the feel. Great job.

Maisie
04-28-2007, 07:12 AM
What a very exciting surprise!
I just love it!!!!

Andrea
04-28-2007, 07:14 AM
Wow! What a transformation! I love it! Can't wait to look around! I am having some trouble seeing the light colored texts though (pink mainly). Great job guys!

Andrea
04-28-2007, 07:18 AM
Ok, I believe I've found the cause of the firefox issues with the screen content showing way down on the page or way over as in the store. Its now resolved. If anyone else has any issues using Firefox or any other browser other than IE, please let me know :)
Hi Holly,
Hey, I still can't see the store correctly in Firefox. I have to scroll way over. Just to let you know! Everything else looks great!

Robbi1
04-28-2007, 07:24 AM
I love the new colors so soft and comfy! I still have the same issues with the right side of the page that the others have, some pages are better, some are worse. I agree also with Carola tht the pink on white print is a little hard for us ladies with older eyes to see :) All in all - It's beautiful, I love the new changes :)

nnylfs
04-28-2007, 07:29 AM
~ wow! i just sat down here with my first cup of coffee (still drinking it) - a bit late today cuz my husband does all his tech and security on the puter saturday mornings - opened this site and nearly dropped my coffee! it looks great! although, i did miss the start up music from the old home page ~

Thank you for all the hard work you're doing here!

adellois
04-28-2007, 07:46 AM
Wow! I love the colours!

scraptigz
04-28-2007, 07:56 AM
Wow! Came on this morning and at first thought I didn't have enough coffee and went to the wrong site... lol Nope right site, new look! I love it! It's so bright!

crops2dawn
04-28-2007, 08:14 AM
Add another WOW to your list! WOW This is awesome! Love the new look!
You gals are TERRIFIC!!!!*woot

emst
04-28-2007, 08:28 AM
Wow what a surprise when I just logged on, this new look is really great, so bright and cheerful looking. At first I had to go back to be sure I was where I wanted to be. Thanks to whoever did all the work and input to make the new look.

Leslie Emery
04-28-2007, 08:31 AM
Wow, Wow, Wow! If you have not yet seen the feature~ E-mail gallery to friend, you will want to go look at it. In your "My photos" down at the bottom there is an option on how you can E-mail photos to your family and friends. I sent the puzzle option to myself and it is just wonderful.
:love-smiley-011:
It was so easy an it didnt take long to send. What an Awesome feature ladies. I just love it!
Thank you girls for adding this great feature. Very nice!:dancing:

spriglet
04-28-2007, 08:56 AM
Wow, awesome makeover!! Love this!! You did good!!

babydoe
04-28-2007, 09:01 AM
Wow--what a change!!! At first I thought my browser had sent me to the wrong site. Then I noticed the name. It looks so nice and fresh. I haven't tried out all the new stuff yet--but I am on my way. I like it!

ABitDaffy
04-28-2007, 09:31 AM
Awesome! I love it - it's so much sunnier & brighter. Thanks for all the hard work.

jabilga
04-28-2007, 10:11 AM
This is sooooo great!
Bright and happy - I love it.

Helen
04-28-2007, 10:13 AM
Aw Leslie - THANKs for the tip on the email feature in "My Photos"...I just tried it - sent to myself first - it's a GREAT new feature. I wonder what else is new? Thanks for sharing the tip. :dancing:

Andrea
04-28-2007, 10:58 AM
Yeah, I can see the store now in Firefox! I love all of the new features and the new look!

HollyS
04-28-2007, 11:01 AM
Yep Andrea, Store is fixed and problem report by Joy and others about the posting message problem overflowing onto the right in firefox and avant is also fixed :)

twirlyjoy
04-28-2007, 11:28 AM
yeay!!! Go Holly!!! Thank you soo much - all looks hunkydory now :)

:gogo: :gogo: :gogo:

sibsab
04-28-2007, 12:11 PM
Great new look!

dragonflyscrapper76
04-28-2007, 01:08 PM
:biggrin: Love the new look, great job!!!

debbiecay
04-28-2007, 02:11 PM
I love the new look too, however, I can't see:nope: the blue writing that was used to show a sale price on items in the store. We ladies LOVE a sale :party1: so you might want to make that easier to notice:love: ! Thanks for all you do:congrats:!
Debbiecay

CrayonQueen
04-28-2007, 02:19 PM
The site looks FANTASTIC guys!! Love, love the bight, and fresh new colours!! Thank you so much Holly and Debra for all of the long hours that you guys put into this site for us, your work is much appreciated!!:vb_chirolp_iei: :love-smiley-011: :party:

goofeejules
04-28-2007, 06:17 PM
Great new look - so fresh & springy! So far so great!

babyofmine
04-28-2007, 06:31 PM
*squeeee!!* oh, me likey!!! I love the new color scheme!! looooooooove it!!! :bighug: it makes me feel so happy! :D great job!

lindajd
04-29-2007, 06:37 AM
What a wonderful Makeover!! I have been away and just got back an hour ago, emptied my bags and checked in to find the new look, it's awesome! thanks for the Hard work that you have put into it...
I'm going to have a mooch about now...:)

yin
04-29-2007, 06:57 AM
Boy, I'm slow! Just dropping in after a hectic weekend, it's lovely isn't it? It's so good to be back online with all of you!!

twirlyjoy
04-29-2007, 10:51 AM
Sorry to be a pain (again!) but when I went to get the daily download today, the store was fine, until I went to checkout, then I kept losing half of the right hand side of the page (kind of like the reply to post issue I had before)

It is probably me and my avant browser as noone else appears to have had a problem????

Maisie
04-29-2007, 11:07 AM
Nope...
I had the same problem too Joy.
I'm sure Holly and Debbie are fixing and tweaking.

HollyS
04-29-2007, 12:07 PM
Joy i'll get you on hello to get a screen shot from you because Firefox nor IE are not pushing things over to the right throughout the checkout process so need to see what you are talking about.

sibsab
04-29-2007, 12:43 PM
Actually, I had the same problem with Firefox

DigiBrandi
04-29-2007, 01:41 PM
This looks great! It'll take some getting used to, but it's definitely "scrappier" and much easier to navigate... and I have to say, I like being rid of the music on the homepage. Thanks for the hard work!

ETA - I just got the DD, using Firefox, and no pushing things to the right. :)

Lainey
04-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Lovely new look -- very bright and cheerful. Reminds me of Miami with all the tropical colors.

Alana
04-29-2007, 02:26 PM
Just Beautiful :) Your new look is so light and so bright. I love it. :wink:

ksmcintire
04-29-2007, 02:51 PM
Wow! What a positive change to GDS!!! The look is outstanding and invitingly fresh. Great job!:wub1:

Robbi1
04-29-2007, 05:27 PM
Thank you all for your hard work - all the small problems seem to have been resolved....Looking really great!!!!

Ladye
04-29-2007, 05:40 PM
Great looking site. It is very nice. Y'all did good work.

Lois

:congrats:

goofeejules
04-29-2007, 05:43 PM
I just wanted to let you know that I use IE7 and when checking out at the store, half of each checkout page is missing (the right side when viewing it on the screen)...like it gets cut-off. I wasn't sure if you are aware of it but it's really annoying not to be able to see everything...lol.

twoboyz00
04-29-2007, 06:49 PM
I love the new look! So cheerful!!

DottyR57
04-29-2007, 07:40 PM
I love it! It's so "Springy" and "Summery"!!!:congrats:

meems
04-29-2007, 08:09 PM
Like the new look!

Nancy72
04-29-2007, 08:41 PM
I love the new brighter look...;o)

jen10510
04-30-2007, 06:24 AM
Wow I absolutely love this new look!

CrayonQueen
04-30-2007, 07:41 AM
I just wanted to let you know that I use IE7 and when checking out at the store, half of each checkout page is missing (the right side when viewing it on the screen)...like it gets cut-off. I wasn't sure if you are aware of it but it's really annoying not to be able to see everything...lol.

My ISP is AT&T/Yahoo and I am getting the same issue with the store. the right hand side is just a bit cut off, here's my screen shot:

http://i69.photobucket.com/albums/i79/CrayonQueen/Image1.jpg

everything to the left is fine though!!

HollyS
04-30-2007, 09:11 AM
I tested the entire checkout process in firefox 1.0.5 and 2.0.5 and it's working fine so to the one user who had problems with firefox, please let me know the version of firefox you are using and email me a screen shot of the problem to holly@godigitalscrapbooking.com.

To users of IE7 and Avant, I'll continue to see what I can do that won't break the other browsers. IE7 is so new that it could be the makers of the store software are not certified to work under it yet.

Joyagg
04-30-2007, 12:24 PM
I don't know what it looked like before, but I like it now. It is vibrant, yet soothing at the same time - great eye candy!

okblues
05-02-2007, 12:14 PM
Looks awesome!