PDA

View Full Version : what is everybody up to?

elenasworld
03-06-2010, 04:43 PM
just wondering what everyone is up to tonight?

my dd is just about asleep and my dh has gone out with his friends.
i am trying to decide if i should tackle the laundry or, not

i can always go digi-shopping and check out all the new goodies...

Scrappinsass
03-06-2010, 05:00 PM
ATM.. hubby is under my desk re-wiring everything for the new machine - keeping the old one running too. So .. I could scrap .. but in the middle of something important.. he'd want me to do something.. I remember what happened so one of the ladies when she left her machine... and let hubby at it.. she lost everything! .. not doing that one LOL.... anyway.. I've at least got the OS up and running, and most of my programs installed .. got the info transferred to another h/d and then installed that in the machine... and now waiting for 2nd monitor, speakers and scanner to get hooked up.. and hoping that I've got the right drivers for the scanner... it's old ..my fingers are crossed. Everything else seems to have updated just fine.

diamndprincz
03-06-2010, 05:06 PM
Yayy...love new computers...enjoy it Lone!

Well...I am sitting here and can't figure out what I want to eat. I don't feel like cooking and I don't have a taste for anything..so I am stuck. I was on Amazon looking at DSLR cameras. I really want to get into photography more. I had a camera before...not quite a DSLR but it took great pics...someone broke into our apartment the day before Thanksgiving of 2008 and the camera (among other items) was taken. I was so mad...and every time I do a layout and look at all my pics from before that day and after..I get a little angry. I miss that great photo quality. :-(

Let's not even mention laundry..it's washed..folded and waiting on someone to put it up...don't feel like doing that either...lol.

elenasworld
03-06-2010, 05:07 PM
oh my. good luck
i also cringe anytime my dh does stuff to my computer.
i am still burning everything to DVD before he can reformat
i hope you are up and running, and all is smooth sailing!

elenasworld
03-06-2010, 05:12 PM
Yayy...love new computers...enjoy it Lone!

Well...I am sitting here and can't figure out what I want to eat. I don't feel like cooking and I don't have a taste for anything..so I am stuck. I was on Amazon looking at DSLR cameras. I really want to get into photography more. I had a camera before...not quite a DSLR but it took great pics...someone broke into our apartment the day before Thanksgiving of 2008 and the camera (among other items) was taken. I was so mad...and every time I do a layout and look at all my pics from before that day and after..I get a little angry. I miss that great photo quality. :-(

Let's not even mention laundry..it's washed..folded and waiting on someone to put it up...don't feel like doing that either...lol.

oh no. i would get angry too
i loved my camera and then I snapped the lens off when the tire swing my dd was on came back and hit me. while i got it repaired, it has never been the same. someday i will get a new one, someday

i will share my pistachios with you.
i am in the same boat, i am hungry, but not sure what i want.

SparkysGirl
03-06-2010, 06:41 PM
I just finished a digi-dish layout ... avoiding cleaning ... kind of hungry, too ... only had lunch today (just realized that). HHhhhmmm ... pass me some of those pistachios please! ;)

agarzaldynrd
03-06-2010, 06:51 PM
Just hanging out and trying to finish the lesson on text paths but I'm stuck so I may just wait until tomorrow and start over!! TV is on, Neal is sleeping on the couch and Xrissy Marie is asleep on my lap. Life it great.

SparkysGirl
03-06-2010, 06:59 PM
Just hanging out and trying to finish the lesson on text paths but I'm stuck so I may just wait until tomorrow and start over!! TV is on, Neal is sleeping on the couch and Xrissy Marie is asleep on my lap. Life it great.

Sounds like a glimpse of heaven, Anna! Comfy cozy!

We went and saw Alice In Wonderland last night (me and the hubby). Actually, we went at dinner time, which was a good move ... our daughter tried to go tonight and couldn't get in ... SOLD OUT! Anyhoo ... I went in thinking I was probably gonna end up hating it (I loved the book so much as a child) ... however, I LOVED IT! It was so GOOD, and it really seemed to stick to the book. I'm so weird, though ... I see scrapbook layouts in EVERYTHING ... and the movie TOTALLY had me imagining some AWESOME layouts ... my husband thinks I'm about in need of an intervention ... it's a HOOT!

So, we're sort of just hanging out like you, Anna ... taking it easy! I love these kinds of nights!

donakat
03-06-2010, 10:19 PM
Love that idea, Lisa, about an A in W kit, especially if it had the kinda funky Johnny Depp & Helena Bonham Carter weirdness to it--I do love that man and his characters!! And I have a dark sense of humor and imagination, so that would totally fit the bill for me. Hope someone takes you up on it...

lgameau
03-07-2010, 12:26 AM
We are all sick here, a lovely cold that DD picked up from kindy that has passed to the whole family!
But the doctor gave me a whole week off of work, so I can spend the whole week catching up on stuff, including scrapping, cleaning & organising my hobby room! That is sort of relaxing, isn't it?? :laugh:

SparkysGirl
03-07-2010, 04:17 AM
We are all sick here, a lovely cold that DD picked up from kindy that has passed to the whole family!
But the doctor gave me a whole week off of work, so I can spend the whole week catching up on stuff, including scrapping, cleaning & organising my hobby room! That is sort of relaxing, isn't it?? :laugh:

Ms Louise ... you need to be taking care of YOURSELF, not cleaning and organizing. Now NOTE: I did not say NOT to scrap ... just no cleaning and organizing! LOL! ... Hope you and your family feel better soon!

SparkysGirl
03-07-2010, 04:27 AM
Love that idea, Lisa, about an A in W kit, especially if it had the kinda funky Johnny Depp & Helena Bonham Carter weirdness to it--I do love that man and his characters!! And I have a dark sense of humor and imagination, so that would totally fit the bill for me. Hope someone takes you up on it...

I hope someone will take me up on it, too, Dona! You HAVE to go see this if you love Johnny Depp ... he's FABO in it. I thought I wasn't gonna like it too much ... the previews appear so dark. But, it's one of those movies I'd see again ... and, I don't watch too many movies over and over ... I can think of about a handful. The colors, the artistry, just the whole movie ... I loved, loved, loved it! And, just like Twilight ... I can see some serious "following" to the movie including a scrapaholic need to use some of that artistry in a layout. My husband and I are already driving our kids nuts because we are repeating select lines from the movie to each other! He's calling our youngest his "jaberwalky" -- wait till she finds out what THAT is ... and, I call him my Absolam ... gotta giggle when you see that character in the movie! Not to mention "imagining at least six impossible things before breakfast" ... OK ... that's it ... I'm going to see it again! Designers, PUH-LEEZE ... I need a Mad Hatter's hat, a tea pot, cards, a bunny in a waistcoat, a tree, a rabbit hole, a sword, victorian boots and a blue dress ... funky black and white checked paper ... a blue caterpillar, a blue butterfly ...............................

britnkaysmemaw2
03-07-2010, 08:22 AM
Sounds lke everyone had a great relaxing night last night.
We brought one of our Granddaughters home with us from Ohio, so spent the day with her--Butterfly House--Fuddruckers---then back to my DD's house to play some Wii & Rock Bank Country Edition. It was a super fun night.

Today, I am trying to catch up on my commenting and posting. I only had 7 days worth.....Whew....4 down....3 to go.

elenasworld
03-07-2010, 08:28 AM

I am still getting over the flu. I hope you get lots of rest, and some scrapping time to make you feel better :)

SlidingKat
03-07-2010, 12:11 PM
Finally got a 6 hour break from watching my dad yesterday! Of course it was one of those breaks where you have to drive 120 miles and spend you 6 hours of freedom in town...but it was a welcomed relief.

Saw the Imax Alice in Wonderland. It was brilliant and hung out at Borders and actually was able to get our family vibe back (don't realize how big of a strain it actually is until its gone for a few hours).

Discovered my 1.5TB hard drive for my photos and scrapbook supplies is now 80+ % full...so I just ordered some computer parts for repairs and upgrades.

j_camargo6
03-07-2010, 03:21 PM
Sounds like a glimpse of heaven, Anna! Comfy cozy!

We went and saw Alice In Wonderland last night (me and the hubby). Actually, we went at dinner time, which was a good move ... our daughter tried to go tonight and couldn't get in ... SOLD OUT! Anyhoo ... I went in thinking I was probably gonna end up hating it (I loved the book so much as a child) ... however, I LOVED IT! It was so GOOD, and it really seemed to stick to the book. I'm so weird, though ... I see scrapbook layouts in EVERYTHING ... and the movie TOTALLY had me imagining some AWESOME layouts ... my husband thinks I'm about in need of an intervention ... it's a HOOT!

So, we're sort of just hanging out like you, Anna ... taking it easy! I love these kinds of nights!

LOL, I'm laughing Lisa, cause I do the same, except I see kits everywhere. I saw britaneejean at church today, and said "Girl, your skirt is a kit waiting to happen"....she laughed at me but dared me to do it....hmmmm.....

SparkysGirl
03-07-2010, 03:36 PM
LOL, I'm laughing Lisa, cause I do the same, except I see kits everywhere. I saw britaneejean at church today, and said "Girl, your skirt is a kit waiting to happen"....she laughed at me but dared me to do it....hmmmm.....

Well ... I DOUBLE DOG DARE YA!

... How's that!?! LOL! :wink:

j_camargo6
03-07-2010, 03:41 PM
Well ... I DOUBLE DOG DARE YA!

... How's that!?! LOL! :wink:

Ok, well, ok.
If Brit sends me the picture, then I'll see what I can do :)....I'm tellin' ya, it was so darn cute!

agarzaldynrd
03-07-2010, 04:46 PM
You all are so funny. I'm reading this thread, watching the Oscars, and wondering what I'm going to scrap next!!!

Spring Break is week after next so lots of scrapping time!! YAAY!!! Maybe I should clean my house!

ATWIGO
03-07-2010, 05:11 PM
Wishing I was home and scrappin'.

Got about 2 hours left of working. This weekend I worked 16 hour days Saturday and Sunday.

On my way home, I am stopping at the grocery store, picking up ingredients for my antipasto pasta salad I am in the mood for. Gotta fix it when I get home (probably around 1am ish) so it has time to mix together before I want to eat it on Monday. LOL

Gotta do everything when I have time available and that is usually after midnight. LOL

SparkysGirl
03-07-2010, 05:13 PM
You all are so funny. I'm reading this thread, watching the Oscars, and wondering what I'm going to scrap next!!!

Spring Break is week after next so lots of scrapping time!! YAAY!!! Maybe I should clean my house!

CLEAN HOUSE?! Are you crazy, Girl?! No, no, no ... you must scrap! LOL! Have fun watching the Oscars! I've got to braid 'Laina's hair before she goes to bed. She wants to have "wavy" hair tomorrow! Gotta enjoy these moments ... my baby will be graduating in a few months!

SparkysGirl
03-07-2010, 05:15 PM
Sounds lke everyone had a great relaxing night last night.
We brought one of our Granddaughters home with us from Ohio, so spent the day with her--Butterfly House--Fuddruckers---then back to my DD's house to play some Wii & Rock Bank Country Edition. It was a super fun night.

Today, I am trying to catch up on my commenting and posting. I only had 7 days worth.....Whew....4 down....3 to go.

Sounds like a fun night! Hope you took pictures to scrap! And, I'm with you ... I have got to get caught up on commenting in the gallery!

SparkysGirl
03-07-2010, 05:16 PM
Ok, well, ok.
If Brit sends me the picture, then I'll see what I can do :)....I'm tellin' ya, it was so darn cute!

BRITNEEJEAN! Jenn's gonna ACCEPT your DARE and my DOUBLE DOG DARE but she needs a picture of your skirt! LOL! Please send her the picture along with a TRIPLE DOG DARE! HeHe!!!!:lmao:

elenasworld
03-07-2010, 05:19 PM
:laugh:

agarzaldynrd
03-07-2010, 05:29 PM
Yeah but if I clean house during this week, I can have ALL spring break to do nothing but scrap!!

:twitcy::twitcy::twitcy:

CLEAN HOUSE?! Are you crazy, Girl?! No, no, no ... you must scrap! LOL! Have fun watching the Oscars! I've got to braid 'Laina's hair before she goes to bed. She wants to have "wavy" hair tomorrow! Gotta enjoy these moments ... my baby will be graduating in a few months!

SparkysGirl
03-07-2010, 05:30 PM
Yeah but if I clean house during this week, I can have ALL spring break to do nothing but scrap!!

:twitcy::twitcy::twitcy:

OK ... that's an acceptable plan! As long as the end game is "scrap for a week"! :wink:

britnkaysmemaw2
03-07-2010, 06:28 PM
Scrap for a week!!!! What a concept that would be. I think I have lost my groove. Only one more month of work, then maybe I can get some scrapping time in too. Enjoy your spring break time Anna.

elenasworld
03-08-2010, 08:13 AM
Scrapping would be fun
I am house cleaning
although I did hang the photos myself (that I have been waiting for the dh to do for months, and months)

I just found out my brother and his family are going to be visiting in two weeks, and I have to attack the clutter in the spare room so they have a place to sleep.