PDA

View Full Version : Which book are you currently reading?

chrisssteeven
02-25-2010, 01:04 AM
Hi!
I love reading and have read a couple of books. I started reading after I read "The Da Vinci Code", I liked reading the book so much that I started reading other novels also and slowly started liking reading. I am currently reading a very good book "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" penned down by J K Rowling. She has written about 6 books and all of these were gifted to me by a friend of mine for Christmas. He knows this kind of books I like. I am enjoying reading this book. What are you currently reading? It would be great fun to know what the other here people are reading.

michellemomof3
02-25-2010, 05:01 AM
Both of those are very good books & excellent authors. If you haven't read Angels & Demons by Dan Brown, read it. That is one of his best. Also, if you haven't read the Twilight series yet you MUST. There is a thread here devoted to that saga. I am currently reading a series called Night World by J.L. Smith. It is pretty good but they are more like short stories than actual novels.

geniaBeana
02-25-2010, 07:32 AM
The last books I finished, were the Twilight books. They were a fast, easy read. Prior to that I finished one of those Stephen King monsters on the drive home from Albuquerque summer before last. I have his last 2 novels sitting on the shelf in my bedroom. I haven't started them yet. Other things seem to take precedence. I'll have to take myself out to lunch a couple times a week now that the kids are both in preschool part time. maybe then I'll make some progress in my books.

britaneejean
02-25-2010, 09:53 AM
the twilight series are a must. those are the last ones i've read too. i've read davinci code which was fantastic! my sister's read angels & demons & says that one's just as good but dan brown also released the lost symbol & i hear that one's the best of all 3!

triciacurtis
02-25-2010, 10:27 AM
I am reading 2 books right now - Julia Child's My Life in France, and How to Index Books, LOL. I would not recommend the 2nd one, it's quite boring and very logical, but a must to learn how to do this. The first one is very interesting, especially if you love France and/or Julia Child. Or even if you saw the movie Julie & Julia.

elenasworld
02-25-2010, 12:05 PM
I am slow
I am still reading Harry Potter -- I am on book four in the series
Lately I have read more children's books, than books for myself though

hollandnancy
02-25-2010, 03:31 PM
I loved the Harry Potter series, too. I just finished a re-read of The Screwtape Letters and also Tony Dungee's book, Quiet Strength.

ATWIGO
02-25-2010, 05:52 PM
Not a reader here, so that is one of my goals for the year. I am trying to read. I started last year and did pretty good. Really kicked it up so far for 2010. I stick with more easy reading or historical. Something that will keep my interest or I will give up. LOL

Just finished a series about the Underground Railroad and how supposedly quilts help them find their way to freedom. (I am a quilter too)

Now I just started some light reading called Here Today, Gone to Maui. Wanted something warm and tropical. LOL

Scrappinsass
02-25-2010, 08:42 PM
I just finished 4 Dean Koontz books: The Good Guy, The House of Thunder, Forever Odd, and Odd Hours. His early stuff is pretty predictable but I like his books anyway. I have more in my book stash but needed a change. Now I've changed authors to Susan Griffith's Q is for Quarrie. It's a murder mystery and not too bad so far. :biggrin:

jhyll
02-25-2010, 10:14 PM
Completed the Harry Pottet series. Stephenie Meyer's Twilight series is great as well as her Breaking Dawn.............a must read. From there I went on to Karen Marie Moning's Highlander series (7 books in the series) then her Fever series (3 in series, but more to come.................can't wait!!) and have only one book to go in the JR Ward Black Dagger Brotherhood series (8 in total, with another one due for publication next year)
When I have completed JR Ward's Lover Avenged, I have got two of Christine Feehan's Carpathian series to see if I like them. If I do then I will follow on with it. It is a series which has a huge number of books. Has anyone read any of them yet?????

donakat
02-25-2010, 11:52 PM
I'm reading "Breaking the Silence" by Diane Chamberlain. Very good so far. Just finished one of Kathy Reichs' books, "Bare Bones", about her forensic anthropologist (the TV series Bones is based on her books).

jhyll
02-26-2010, 01:40 AM
Sounds great Dona. I have made a note of Bare Bones to read. Thanks.:)

I'm reading "Breaking the Silence" by Diane Chamberlain. Very good so far. Just finished one of Kathy Reichs' books, "Bare Bones", about her forensic anthropologist (the TV series Bones is based on her books).