PDA

View Full Version : Not really a square

agarzaldynrd
02-10-2010, 01:29 PM
Does anyone know how to cut pieces like on this lo http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=76261

or basically any piece that is not a straight rectangle/square? I can't figure out if I can do this on PSE7.

dylabel
02-10-2010, 01:34 PM
I don't know much about PSE but couldn't you use the lasso tool to make the shape that you want out of a square or a rectangle? I just tried it in PS and it came out pretty nice!

agarzaldynrd
02-10-2010, 01:41 PM
Thanks Belinda, I'm gonna try that!

agarzaldynrd
02-10-2010, 01:47 PM
It worked!!! Thanks Belinda.

dylabel
02-10-2010, 01:50 PM
Woot Woot!

reboscraps
03-21-2010, 10:37 PM
Hi Anna,

Here's another way to do this, I'm using PSE7 on a PC. I've found there is almost always more than one way to do something in PSE, so thought I'd post in case this is useful for anyone reading along.

Using the RECTANGLE TOOL, draw your starting rectangle.

Then select the LINE TOOL. Just below the menu bar that reads "File Edit ... etc" you'll see the tool options. Where it says WEIGHT, I changed it to .25 inches. Just to the right of that, there are 5 options for how the tool works. The default, the first choice just to the right of the Weight selection is "Create a New Shape Layer" and if you leave it on the default, you'll get a fat line on a new layer. But, to make the unique shape, you want the third option which is "Subtract from Shape Area." Once that is selected, the line you draw over the rectangle will erase the part where the two shapes overlap, so you'll need to draw two lines to create the broken rectangle shape like the one you saw in the gallery.

You can experiment with the various ways the tool is used to create some unique shapes. For example, using this same technique, you can easily create a frame and clip any paper to it. I use that a lot, especially with the rounded rectangle shape, it's one of my favorites. :)

californiateri
03-22-2010, 08:44 AM
Wow - thanks Rebecca. I learned something new!!!

pacific
03-22-2010, 09:57 AM
Thanks for that information. Looks like another hour or so is gonna be used up playing around with rectangles and squares...:laugh: