PDA

View Full Version : Pixelly prints with Scrapbook Factory Deluxe 4

Rachel123
02-10-2010, 05:14 AM
Hi, I'm very new to the whole digi scrapbook world, so bare with me.
I just purchased Scrapbook Factory Deluxe 4. My goal is to use it to make lifebooks for my foster kids.

I made some pages and printed them out. They are soooo pixelly. It's awful. The photos are pixelly and even the font/images are pixelly.
I've fiddled with it for days and cannot find anything that I'm doing wrong or any way to fix it.

Is this just a "bug" with the software? I've read about dpi and resolution and stuff, but I've located nothing in the software about this.

Any suggestions or was this just a bad purchase?
Thanks

donakat
02-10-2010, 08:52 AM
You need to check to see what resolution your program is using when you make a layout, and fix it if necessary. You should make the LO at 300dpi or 3600 pixels x 3600 pixels, and print at the same resolution. I don't know where in the menus this will show up, but check for image size and resolution--it should give you the ability to change both aspects. Then check to make sure your preferences are set for that as well.

If this is ok, then next look to the printer to see what resolution it supports. If other things coming out of your printer are satisfactory, then it's likely not the problem.

Hope this helps!

Rachel123
02-10-2010, 10:07 AM
Well, my husband and I both searched this program up and down and all around last night. I clicked on every menu there is, read the little book, plus looked through their crappy help files.

I suspect it's gotta be somewhere, maybe the sun/moon/stars have to be in perfect alignment to see it? I haven't a clue. It's a completely worthless software at this point.

When we do a print preview, it's still pixelly and not really clear.

I saved it as a PDF and printed at Kinkos/FedEx, so the printer should be good. Saving as PDF wouldn't mess with it, would it?

donakat
02-10-2010, 11:18 AM
Actually, there are aspects to saving as pdf that you have to check as well. You should be getting a window that shows your options in saving as pdf, which will include resolution, etc.

See these pages in the support forum at Nova:
http://kb.novadevelopment.com/al/12/1/article.aspx?aid=1193&tab=faq&bt=4&r=0.06686991
http://kb.novadevelopment.com/al/12/1/article.aspx?aid=1198&tab=faq&bt=4&r=0.560097

southflascrapper
02-10-2010, 07:50 PM
I have this version of SFD but haven't used it in over a year and I have printed layouts from it, which turned out normal. I remember having to fiddle with the print setup options prior to printing my layouts. When Nova set this software up they did not give the clearest instructions on setting the resolution. I distinctly remember having to set the print options myself manually in the File menu.
If the preview is showing pixels, that is how it's going to look when printed. This has to do with your pixel resolution setting.