PDA

View Full Version : Do You Ever??

twirlyjoy
04-23-2007, 03:29 AM
Do you ever exercise??

Since quitting smoking 18 months ago, I have piled on the pounds and so, this morning, I went to a nearby leisure centre and joined the gym! I did think about just going on a casual, pay as you go basis, but decided that by paying monthly in advance, it would give me the motivation to go regularly- I hate to not get my money's worth out of anything!

The bonus is that I also get to swim for free as well as getting the fitness classes free, not that i really like swimming, but the girls do, and they get to swim for free too, as part of their swim lessons!

So, do you exercise regularly, and if so, what type of exercise do you do???

Robbi1
04-23-2007, 08:36 PM
I used to exercise every morning, but somehow it just stopped. DH and I try to walk at least 1 to 2 miles a day - sometimes once or twice a day, but it depends on the weather. I took quit smoking and then when I turned 50 on top of it all the pounds just dont go away as fast as I'd like them to. Now with the Medication the dr put me on, it doesnt seem to go down at all...just up!

beachnut999
04-24-2007, 07:15 AM
When in town I go to Curves 4 days a week, but can't seem to bring myself to go when we travel. Like Robbie1, though I didn't smoke, I gained with the meds the Dr has me on. Reading the info on them most of what I take causes weight gain. I refuse to take my Arthritis med as in 7 days it made me gain 8 lbs.:no: The key to most of my problems is exercise,

redring
04-24-2007, 07:25 AM
No time to exercise in DH and mine lives. We work odd hours and only luck out to be able to buy food or get loundery don. We booth really need to exercise. Its too hard with what little free time we get though.

ckbymommy
04-24-2007, 07:36 AM
I refuse to take my Arthritis med as in 7 days it made me gain 8 lbs.:no:

Which are you taking? Sounds like it could really be a catch-22 - not taking them makes it hard for me to move (though I am just on a prescription NSAID)

I am finding it hard to get exercising. I fell like I am in front of a computer all day, and when I go to a photo shoot as the photographer (rather than the customer service rep which is my regular role - which means I sit in front of the computer and sell the pix) that standing in front of the camera for any length of time is kind of exhausting. Plus, many of my health problems are weight related and I know that even just loosing 20# would make me feel so much better.

So, I do need to do something, but finding it hard to get started. My teen son broke my treadmill, and the weather's been so crazy (snowing today, again :no:)

My daughter and I did a 10K last memorial day and really wanted to do it again this year, but between the weather and school/work, we haven't been able to train at all, so I guess that's out.

beachnut999
04-24-2007, 08:00 AM
I think the Generic name is Mobic. I need it mostly for back pain and now have developed pain in the hip area, but I find if I keep moving it helps. I hate to medicate. You sound like your in the same boat as me. I find if I sit to long I'm crippled, med or not. TG movement helps (even if it hurts) I just need to loose the weight. Your right "catch 22" I must take about 10 different types of meds for different things and they all fight eachother. I still like Curves as it does help me. I just have a problem going there when we travel even though it's available. I've lost about 15 lbs over the past year and a lot of inches. I used to do a walk aerobics tape which did help too when I lived up North and couldn't get out to walk.
I love your Starbucks Blinkie, I'm afraid I'm adicted too! Ugh! more snow you poor girl.