PDA

View Full Version : Photoshop CS5

FJchickie
01-31-2010, 07:24 AM
I'm currently running Photoshop CS on a new 64 bit Dell with Windows 7, it runs but it is not happy. So I was about to upgrade to Photoshop CS4 when a friend mentioned the CS5 will be out in March or April.

From what I've read it looks like there will be big changes to Photoshop. I thought I'd mention it here in case anyone else is considering an new purchase or upgrade.

britnkaysmemaw2
01-31-2010, 07:37 AM
I have been thinking about upgrading, so thanks for the info. I guess I will wait though and do a trial to see if that is really what I want to do.

Darlene Currie
01-31-2010, 08:51 AM
Oh great another upgrade! More to learn. It's never ending isn't it. Not to mention what it does to your pocketbook. But, on the brighter side, I'm anxious to see what new stuff the've added. Photoshop has come such a long way since it's inception.

SlidingKat
01-31-2010, 09:46 AM
Oh great another upgrade! More to learn. It's never ending isn't it. Not to mention what it does to your pocketbook. But, on the brighter side, I'm anxious to see what new stuff the've added. Photoshop has come such a long way since it's inception.

Yeah...I usually skip every other upgrade. So I skipped CS4. Unfortunately I kinda feel forced into doing the next upgrade since they've stopped fixing Bridge for CS3...They usually announce the next release at Photoshop World then it comes out a month or two later.

donakat
02-14-2010, 09:29 AM
I also do what Katie said, skip every other upgrade or so. Problem is, with an upgrade usually comes a need for more RAM space for the application, so you might need to do that, too.

FJchickie
03-29-2010, 02:38 PM
I recieved the official email today ...CS5 launches April 12, 2010.

http://cs5launch.adobe.com/?trackingid=FDKLC

SlidingKat
03-29-2010, 04:24 PM
Don't over react. 4/12 is when they "launch" usually meaning they share what tools and features it will have and announce a "probable" release date.

landofoz
03-30-2010, 05:07 AM
Thats good news , for those of you who are waiting

triciacurtis
04-06-2010, 10:50 AM
Yup, the official launch date is April 12th, be sure to check out the videos from Adobe! I can't say much, but I've gotten to play with the pre-release and it's so cool!

FJchickie
04-12-2010, 05:06 PM
CS5 will be available mid-May, it has some very cool new goodies but the bummer is you can only upgrade from CS2, 3 or 4, I'm still running CS. :no: So my next plan is to buy the student and teachers edition (I work at a school) so one more month of trying to run CS with Windows7. :eek1

SlidingKat
04-13-2010, 05:20 PM
I'm quite impressed. Time to save some money. And figure out how to decide which suite I want...

http://cs5launch.adobe.com/?promoid=FDUOD

FJchickie
05-03-2010, 06:31 AM
:party1: I am working on my first LO in CS5! :party1:

SlidingKat
06-07-2010, 02:17 PM
So even though I purchased CS5 in early May I never got around to installing it until the last few days. I ABSOLUTELY love it.

Plus for the last 6 months I've been suffering through CS3 Bridge and Windows 7 not playing well together...all that is over now.

Love being able to be in one scrapbook folder in Bridge and open mini Bridge in PS to a different folder. Really makes scrapbooking much easier.

I am so happy with CS5e that it is keeping me distracted from worrying about my troubles this month (Unemployment ends 6/12 and then Wednesday {5 days before he left for summer visitation} we were notified my son's dad died 5/31 so child support stopped unexpectedly. Social Security can't get me an interview until next week and say it takes 2 to 3 months to start payment). It's a fantastic program that can keep me distracted from worrying about all that and dealing with a 13 year old's grief.

britnkaysmemaw2
06-07-2010, 04:58 PM
Sorry to hear about all that is happening with you Katie. Glad you have CS5 to occupy your time. I just got CS3. Gotta start somewhere, right!

agarzaldynrd
06-07-2010, 05:32 PM
I just bought cs4 for my school with an insurance type plan to be able to upgrade at no charge for the next 2 years so I need to figure out how to do that!!!

SparkysGirl
06-07-2010, 05:36 PM
:party1: I am working on my first LO in CS5! :party1:

I hope you get the swing of it, Lisa! I have STRUGGLED! I have been using PSE since last August, and I find I revert back to it instead of plugging away in CS5. I'm planning on taking more of Andrea's classes ... I pretty determined to use it! I'm not sure what you used before, but if you were already using PS ... I bet you'll take to it like a duck to water!

FJchickie
06-07-2010, 07:13 PM
I hope you get the swing of it, Lisa! I have STRUGGLED! I have been using PSE since last August, and I find I revert back to it instead of plugging away in CS5. I'm planning on taking more of Andrea's classes ... I pretty determined to use it! I'm not sure what you used before, but if you were already using PS ... I bet you'll take to it like a duck to water!

I was using Photoshop CS, so it wasn't as much of a change as coming from Elements. My biggest issue was that CS wouldn't run well with Windows 7.

I love CS5, keep working with it Lisa, you will get it! :goodluck:

donakat
06-07-2010, 08:25 PM
Katie, sorry to hear of your troubles. Hope everything works out eventually for the good.

landofoz
06-09-2010, 12:00 AM
Same here sorry about your troubles! I am glad you like cs5
i have Cs4 and aam trying out a trial version.
Did you buy the whole suite?

SlidingKat
06-09-2010, 08:53 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm trying to keep my head above water.

I wanted to buy a CS5 suite, but just couldn't justify spending that much money in case my unemployment ran out...so I just purchased Photoshop. Which is a great thing since freaking congress isn't even going to vote on an extension till next week which is after my unemployment stops.

I love being able to do the whole 7 point Kelby system for editing photos in Bridge.

landofoz
06-10-2010, 06:29 AM
Katie where do you get the 7 point kelby system, i have only 7 days left on mine didnt really get a chance as we are selling the house and packing etc.

SlidingKat
06-10-2010, 02:56 PM
I found it under

Courses -> Categories -> CS5

The Photoshop CS5 7 Point system for Camera Raw by Scott Kelby

I also found Matt's CS5 Crash Course really helpful.

Dave Cross' Mastering Selections in Photoshop CS5 really good...although I am no where near mastering it.

I've had a monthly subscription for forever at Kelby Training. Hardly used it all in the last year, but couldn't bring myself to cancel and lose the low price that is grandfathered in from joining years ago....now that I've got current software again I am loving it!

I'm thinking Corey's Mastering 3d in CS5 is going to be another good one for scrapbooking tricks.