PDA

View Full Version : Templates.

ferate
01-30-2010, 06:24 PM
i downloaded some free templates and everytime i drag a picture into it. i can't get it to "link" into the box. am i doing something wrong.. maybe its not that type of template? i'm not sure.. i downloaded andrea's 691. if that helps.. i've done a few scrapbooking projects before and all i did was click and drag and it worked.. but this time its not..

can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong please?

geniaBeana
01-30-2010, 07:32 PM
what program do you use? Once we know that we should be able to figure out what you need to be doing.

altimasport
01-30-2010, 07:48 PM
i downloaded some free templates and everytime i drag a picture into it. i can't get it to "link" into the box. am i doing something wrong.. maybe its not that type of template? i'm not sure.. i downloaded andrea's 691. if that helps.. i've done a few scrapbooking projects before and all i did was click and drag and it worked.. but this time its not..

can anyone tell me what i'm doing wrong please?

OOh.. I have this problem too! When I use a template I have to open all of my elements and papers first. Then I drag the papers from the project bin and place over the highlighted layer but, then I have "create a mask" in the top bar then it will go in the area I want it to go. I use PS8 ( still VERY Very new and learning) I still haven't figured out how to have both images and elements opened at same time in project bin to where I can see them. It takes me forever and now I do the photo last if at all possible.:biggrin:

britnkaysmemaw2
01-30-2010, 08:57 PM
Ladies there is a tutorial for using templates under the Resources tab at the top of the page (Green Bar)

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/cmps_index.php?page=tutorials

Hope this helps. If not, please post and let us know.

SparkysGirl
01-31-2010, 04:54 AM
Val is correct ... it would be helpful to know what program you're using.

For PSE, here's how I do it:
1) Open the template and elements you're going to use.
2) Drag the first element (let's say the background paper for the rest of these instructions) onto the layout. Resize it to the desired size.
3)Move the element down in the layers palette until it is in the layer just above the template element it will become.
4) Holding down your ALT KEY, place your cursor on the LINE between the element above and the template element below in the layers palette (your cursor will change in appearance to linked circles with an arrow). CLICK your mouse!
5) The top element will move slightly to the right to indicate the two layers are linked.
6) At this point, if you need to make adjustments to size or location of the element, as long as the slightly indented layer is highlighted/selected in the layers palette, you can still go over to the layout and move and adjust as needed.
7) Once satisfied that it's how you want it, in the Layers Palette, click to select the slightly indented layer and holding down the SHIFT KEY, select the layer below it (both layers are now selected/highlighted), RIGHT-CLICK and select MERGE LAYERS from the flyout menu.
Repeat these steps for all the little pieces of the template.
Hope this helps!

** Oh, my usual disclaimer here: I am fairly new and I realize that there is more than one way to "skin a cat" ... so the tutorial may offer a better way! This is simply the way I figured out how to do it, and it seems to work for me just fine! **

Good Luck!

ferate
01-31-2010, 09:06 AM
THANK YOU EVERYONE!! you were very helpful.. but i finally figured out what i was doing wrong.. and i felt totally retarded.
i had the right steps kinda.. but just did them backwards.

i'm using pse. and i would drag the pic into the template, and then i would put the picture over the area.. but on the list i would put it down under the box or whatever it was and click cntrl g. when, i figured out.. i was suppose to put it on top of the box.. geez.. lol. simple easy mistake i suppose..

but thank you all for your responces.. :D i greatly appreciate it!.

britnkaysmemaw2
01-31-2010, 09:25 AM
LOL. I am laughing with you, not at you Ferate. I know I have done similar silly things and wanted to kick myself. Just holler if you need anymore help. We all learn from each other here.

ferate
01-31-2010, 09:31 AM
its okay.. i'm laughin at myself..

rookie mistake..

but it was werid becaues i looked EVERYWHERE online. maybe i was typing it in on google wrong. but i couldn't find anywhere, or even on youtube to tell me how to do it right.. i finally made my best friend get online and do it and then tell me what i did wrong.. i laughed at my self for hours over it..

and the funny thing is.. is that i was trying to figure it out for HOURSSS what i was doing wrong.. lol.. hours wasted lol.. but i bet i'll never forget how to do it now.. lol