PDA

View Full Version : Missing everyone

ckbymommy
01-24-2010, 12:40 PM
Hi guys,

Just wanted to check in - I know I've been MIA for a while now.

Our photo studio is struggling with the economy, so we are working double time trying to find and secure non-existent jobs, I've also been trying to find a second job to help supplement (it seems running a successful business for almost 20 years doesn't really count as work experience to prospective employers, LOL), I've started helping my teens step team by being the assistant coach which also puts me at the high school most school day afternoons giving my kids teachers easy access to ask for favors like chaperoning a busload of 10th graders around local college campuses, and now I will be keeping my 3 year old grandson 4 or 5 days a week and his 5 year old brother and 6 year old sister before and after school, plus my teens and I volunteer 1st/3rd/5th Sundays at the coffee shop at our church, and of course still being a mom and wife (and apparently the house chef and maid, LOL).

Anyway, not complaining because I love my life completely, just wanted you all to know that I have not fallen off the face of the earth - just haven't had time to do more that breeze through a couple of posts in the evenings and not really having the energy at that point to even post anything myself - and that I really miss hanging out with all of you.

I will be trying to get on and leave some love for the new supreme team hopefuls. Definitely want to send lots of luck to all of you trying out this round, it is a blast during the contest and a wonderful experience for those who make it on to the team. I hope to have a few spare minutes during my grandsons nap time to stop in more often.

Thinking of you all,
Melanie

britnkaysmemaw2
01-24-2010, 03:58 PM
Great to hear from you Melanie. Wondered where you were. Understand the "life" moments and the struggling economy. I don't think I know anyone who has not been touched somehow by it. Hang in there, and pop in while you can.

donakat
01-24-2010, 04:59 PM
Wow, you really are busy. I totally see why you've not been around. We miss seeing your layouts, too!

Debra
01-24-2010, 05:15 PM
Hi Mel... Sounds like life is pretty active for you. It's so great to hear from you and I hope to see you around if and when you are able.

Big Hugs!

twirlyjoy
01-24-2010, 10:59 PM
Hi Mel!

Great to hear from you! Sorry that life seems to crazy for you right now = hope things settle down for you soon :)

landofoz
01-25-2010, 02:56 AM
Nice to hear from you !! At least we know your still alive LOL

michellemomof3
01-25-2010, 04:52 AM
Wow!! With all that going on how do you even have time to breathe??! And I thought my life was busy! Good luck with the company and the job searching.

tweederbug
01-25-2010, 05:18 AM
So glad to hear from you. Sounds like your life is as crazy hectic as mine. I am opening up a photography studio this summer...parttime job. I am busy with clients for outside shots and thought that I would give it a go at a studio setting.Hope the economy doesn't ruin that for me.
Check in more from time to time .. it was glad hearing from you!

j_camargo6
01-25-2010, 07:46 AM
So good to hear from you, Mel! Sounds like you're crazy busy...I understand...hope you can spend a little time around here once in a while! We've missed ya!