PDA

View Full Version : It's raining cats and dogs!!

lilusmom
01-21-2010, 01:41 PM
Yes, it does rain in Southern California! OMG it's been pouring for almost a week now. And on top of that my 2 year old grandson has the croup. Sheesh! So, what's the weather in your neck of the woods!

j_camargo6
01-21-2010, 01:51 PM
COLD, but thankfully, we've had sunny afternoons, amidst the snowy mornings this week! I'm so anxious for spring!!

lilusmom
01-21-2010, 02:09 PM
Me too Jenn! I am glad it isn't snow. I hate driving in the rain, but driving in the snow would terrify me! Keep warm.

Scrappinsass
01-21-2010, 02:27 PM
I could use a little rain... it's working on being another 88F+ day here... That's 30C+.. All I can say is thank goodness for air cons! :biggrin:

marshmella
01-21-2010, 02:32 PM
Oh man, I wish we had some 88 degree weather!!! It was about 30 today, cloudy and yuck. It's been this way for about a week now! We need some sunshine!

elenasworld
01-21-2010, 02:37 PM
cold here too -- but we are having a warm spell -- a whopping 36 degrees!

sparkles
01-21-2010, 03:12 PM
been foggy around here for days, yesterday was misty, been cold but warmer than it was a couple of weeks ago, I want sunshine really bad right now, tired of fog and grey

landofoz
01-21-2010, 03:29 PM
Its going to be 30C about 90F, we get beautiful sea breezes, have not turned the AC on at all.

landofoz
01-21-2010, 03:30 PM
been foggy around here for days, yesterday was misty, been cold but warmer than it was a couple of weeks ago, I want sunshine really bad right now, tired of fog and grey

Sparkles you have to come to Australia LOL

donakat
01-21-2010, 03:40 PM
So, all you Aussies & Kiwis, is it going to be good weather for us in October when we come to your fair shores? It's our retirement trip and we're touring both Australia & New Zealand, probably going to Fiji as well. Really looking forward to it, and hope it's ideal weather.

BTW, I'm with lilusmom in SoCal, and it's raining lots down here. Got in a little sunshine last Saturday, and hoping for maybe a nice weekend.

agarzaldynrd
01-21-2010, 03:44 PM
Well I guess I shouldn't complain since it was in the mid 70's today with lots of sun but......I really want some winter and we just don't get much in Texas. What I think is about to happen is that we are going to get the California rain really soon here.

BTW, anyone from Denver? Headed there on the 2nd of Feb. to present at a conference....what should I expect? I'd like some snow!!! lol

britnkaysmemaw2
01-21-2010, 03:50 PM
I'm in the Midwest US, and it is crappy here. It has been dreary and foggy here for days, today we had rain in the mix, but it has been warmer than it was 2 weeks ago, so that's a plus. Gotta find a ray of sunshine somehow!

SparkysGirl
01-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Im in the Mid-Atlantic ... upper 30s to low 40s today ... dreary and rainy! YUCK! Now that the holidays are over and we've had one big snow ... I'm over Winter already, come on Spring!

Scrappinsass
01-21-2010, 07:30 PM
October? .. you should have some good weather mixed a few rainy ones too.. but since it's our *spring*, anything can happen.. I shall put in an order for good weather for you!! And if you're coming anywhere near Coffs Harbour.. give me a heads up and we can meet up for coffee & a chat :biggrin::biggrin:

SlidingKat
01-21-2010, 08:34 PM
It has been raining here since Sunday. I live in Moapa Valley, NV and we are under flood watch till 4am this morning.

According to my son his teacher at the Jr High school said they were going door to door giving instructions about possible evacuations, but no one came to our door.

Some of the neighbors have packed up and gone to higher ground.

So who knows what will happen next...

lilusmom
01-21-2010, 09:53 PM
It has been raining here since Sunday. I live in Moapa Valley, NV and we are under flood watch till 4am this morning.

According to my son his teacher at the Jr High school said they were going door to door giving instructions about possible evacuations, but no one came to our door.

Some of the neighbors have packed up and gone to higher ground.

So who knows what will happen next...

So sorry to here how bad things are there. I hope you and your family are safe. My mom lives in Parker and I think I need to call her in the morning to see if they are having flash floods. As of yesterday it was raining there too.

Wow! We were just hit with the strongest downpour that I think I've ever been in! It has finally died down a little. My pour dog is a total mess!
Many here are being evacuated for possible mud slides. We had a very bad fire season and the hills around us were hit pretty hard. And we have even had a few tornadoes. One touched done in Ventura and did some damage. Not like in the tornado belt but kind of a big thing here in CA. But all is really minor when you think of poor Haiti. I cry every time I see the news.

To all you Aussies, isn't it something to be able to be talking to people that are in the midst of winter storms when you are have a summer heat wave? The internet is so amazing!!