PDA

View Full Version : Confused about Speed scrap Date

Scrappinsass
01-18-2010, 09:56 PM
Hi! In the site calendar it lists genibeana's speed scrap as Wed Jan 27 at 9:30 EST... and in the Newsletter it says it's Tues Jan 26 at 9:30 EST... can someone confirm which date is correct? .. Thanks!
:biggrin:

HollyS
01-18-2010, 11:24 PM
Hi! In the site calendar it lists genibeana's speed scrap as Wed Jan 27 at 9:30 EST... and in the Newsletter it says it's Tues Jan 26 at 9:30 EST... can someone confirm which date is correct? .. Thanks!
:biggrin:

The calendar shows 1/26 for me, not 1/27?

Scrappinsass
01-19-2010, 12:10 AM
Sorry Holly, but this is what I see..it's a screen dump : it's also saying that Andrea's chat is on the 26th..... WAIT.. is this silly calendar allowing for Aussie time? .. cause that's just messed up.. LOL I'm going to be totally confused if it's making adjustments for time zones for the day and not the times.. but if you can clear this up for me then I'll at least be able to figure out which is correct! LOL.. /me pulls greying hair out!! lol

HollyS
01-19-2010, 12:18 AM
Hm, same screen for me shows 26th. What timezone does your profile say? Also what time does the bottom of this page say?

Scrappinsass
01-19-2010, 12:58 AM
in teeny tiny print at the bottom it says: All times are GMT +11. The time now is 07:58 PM.

only it's not.. it's 8:57 pm LOL.. sheeee.. doesn't allow for DST I really have to think now when trying to find out when something is on LOL

Scrappinsass
01-19-2010, 01:02 AM
but that doesn't really make sense cause the *date* should stay the same.. as in birthdays... it's the *time* that would be different.. but the calendar is actually changing that too and allowing for the time. Are the calendar entries put in with just a date? or ... because why are the birthdays input correctly.. as to date.. and not the other things... ? I'm not sure if I'm making myself clear or not .. :confused1:

HollyS
01-19-2010, 01:09 AM
The calendar shows the date 1/26 and the time of 9:30 - 11:30pm Eastern.

Is it 11pm 1/18 or 11pm 1/19 right now for you?

If it's 1/19 where you are, I'm thinking the calendar is converting what we put into your timezone.

Scrappinsass
01-19-2010, 01:18 AM
yup.. it's Jan 19 atm! but what I found confusing is that it's not converting the birth dates. ie: a date is static.. where as time depends on zones - which is dynamic (which I get). Anyway...Now that I THINK I know what it's doing... I hope I'll be converting the date/zone correctly..

and what are you doing up so late/early? LOL

SlidingKat
01-19-2010, 08:29 AM
I miss speed scraps I'll have to finish that December monthly layout so I can change my dry erase calendar to January and make sure to put the speed scrap on it...I'm so overwhelmed I can't even update my calender...

missty
01-20-2010, 09:45 PM
yup.. it's Jan 19 atm! but what I found confusing is that it's not converting the birth dates. ie: a date is static.. where as time depends on zones - which is dynamic (which I get). Anyway...Now that I THINK I know what it's doing... I hope I'll be converting the date/zone correctly..

and what are you doing up so late/early? LOL

Dates depend on timezones too. Depending on the time of day we can be a day ahead of our american friends, like now here in NSW it is 5:40PM on the 21st of January whilst in New York (the EST referred to on site) it is only 1:40AM on the 21st. Thus obviosly 2 hours ago we were at Thursday but New York were still in Wednesday. As for time still being same with date change I have no idea. A good site for time conversion though is : http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/ it even has a converter where you enter the time and date you want Say the EST info of the speed scrap using New york for time zone and ask it to convert it to your time, Sydney Australia.

missty
01-20-2010, 09:57 PM
BTW Just checked my calendar and it too has the speed scrap as the 27th at 9:30, strange that it converts the day but not the time as a 9:30pm time for US EST would be 1:30PM the next day our time ATM so if the chat is 9:30PM EST the 26th it is 1:30PM the 27th for us.