PDA

View Full Version : Snipping tool

landofoz
01-16-2010, 08:05 PM
There's a nifty little tool in Windows 7 (and, I believe, in Vista also) that makes it really easy to do screen shots. It's called Snipping Tool and can be found in the Accessories folder. To use it, you draw a cropping frame around the area of the screen you want to capture and you then have the option to save it in png, gif, jpeg, or html formats, copy it to another application, or e-mail it. It also has pen, highlighting, and eraser tools that can be used on the screen capture.:goodluck:

donakat
01-16-2010, 10:53 PM
Good tip, Maggie. For the Macintosh there's a similar tool. Shift-Command-4 gives you a crosshair cursor. Drag it out to cover the area you want to capture, let go of the mouse button and the picture is on your desktop! I use it to capture anything I find for inspiration, a fav layout to scraplift, colors on a website, etc. The files saved are pngs.

southflascrapper
01-17-2010, 12:36 AM
Thanks for the tip Maggie. I just got a new laptop with Win7 in it, and I have seen the scissors in the startup menu but haven't tried them yet because I wasn't sure what the scissors did. I assumed that they were there to 'cut something' lol. The fact that the cut portion of the screenshot can be modified immediately makes the tool worth using to me!

Scrappinsass
01-17-2010, 02:01 AM
Great tip Maggie! I still have XP on my dino but I've got a cute little program called Capture Wiz that captures anything including videos and recordings. Nifty little program for those that don't have Win 7. :biggrin:

SparkysGirl
01-17-2010, 04:31 AM
You gals are so smart! Thanks for sharing your tips!

AZK
01-17-2010, 07:28 AM
Yep, it's there in Vista! Thanks so much! I never knew!

britnkaysmemaw2
01-17-2010, 08:06 AM
How cool is that. Thanks so much for sharing. Guess we should all explore our programs more!

Blackthorne
01-04-2011, 02:26 PM
What a cool tool that is - Thank you so much, Ladies.:wink:
Any idea if there is a "not only Shareware -version" I can use
with Windows XP ?

DeannaJ
01-26-2011, 07:19 AM
I just got a new computer yesterday with Windows 7 on it--and dh just shared that tip with me this morning! So cool huh?

Darlene Currie
01-26-2011, 12:04 PM
Like Dona - I'm on a Mac and I've used that useful keystroke command so much over the years - it's so helpful. I actually just used it to send Lone some stuff from my screen!

Scrappinsass
01-27-2011, 10:58 PM
Yes.. !! super tool that!! Now that I've got Win 7, I use it alot! :) I love the stick notes too!! :) I'd be lost without them!! LOL

southflascrapper
01-28-2011, 09:59 AM
I totally forgot about this thread~I have been using SnagIt9 to do screen shots. It sounds like this does the same thing as the snipping tool. I could use the sticky notes Lone, thanks for the reminder. I didn't really explore when I bought my laptop LOL.

elenasworld
01-30-2011, 01:05 PM
I love the sticky notes too!

Blackthorne
08-25-2011, 01:24 PM
Thank you for your answer. I have been downloading/ workin with SnapIt
and like it so far though it is a little more complicated at the beginning.
There is another tool like that named Scoty. The review says it has 9,5
Stars of 10. The good thing is it is free. Will try out both and see what I
like more.:biggrin:

Eugenee
08-26-2011, 01:37 AM
Yes landofoz you right its there and really amazing and helpful one for photo screening and cutting but i am looking the same for the windows xp. :balloons:

Precepts and Promises
08-27-2011, 04:27 PM
I LOVE the snipping tool and since I use it so much, I pinned it to my task bar. (Right click on the icon or the name and choose "Pin to Task Bar.")

Debra
09-09-2011, 11:40 AM
I LOVE the snipping tool and since I use it so much, I pinned it to my task bar. (Right click on the icon or the name and choose "Pin to Task Bar.")

I love this tool too... use it all the time to capture screen shots!

jewelsbunny
09-09-2011, 02:35 PM
my first day here and I have already learned a cool new trick. Thank you!!!

Precepts and Promises
09-09-2011, 03:25 PM
Woo-hoo!

Debra
01-13-2012, 09:20 AM
Yes.. !! super tool that!! Now that I've got Win 7, I use it alot! :) I love the stick notes too!! :) I'd be lost without them!! LOL

just discovered this sticky note feature... between that and the snipping tool, I'd be lost!

Els AW
06-29-2012, 11:14 PM

Yes, that's what I did and I use it a lot of times!
Before I used the button Print Screen (sometimes it is called prtscrn) on the keyboard, but then you had to open a program to cut out the piece you want.
With these siccors it works all in once!:wink: