PDA

View Full Version : How to Insert a photo into the chat window...

Scrappinsass
01-12-2010, 02:51 PM
I just spent 10 minutes trying to insert a photo of a layout into the chat window without adding it as an attachment. However, I've really doing something wrong because all I get is the url address.

Can someone please explain how this is done? Thanks. :confused1::confused1::twitcy::twitcy:

SparkysGirl
01-12-2010, 04:30 PM
Load your photo in the gallery.
From the gallery, double-click on your photo like you're going to view it.
With your cursor on the photo, right-click and select "properties" from the menu.
From the "Properties" box, select the entire "Address (URL)" field and copy it.
Example: http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/500/2009_12_Dec_WonderOfChristm.jpg

Click Cancel to close it.

In the forum, from your post window, click the little icon in the menu bar at the top of the message window that looks like a little yellow square with a mountain in it.
When the Explorer User Prompt pop up displays, highlight to select anything that displays in the box, and click paste to paste what you copied from the properties box.

That should do it!

DavisChronicles
01-12-2010, 05:17 PM
Also, under the "Resources" tab at the top, they have a
tutorial to show you how to do it. =)
That's how I learned it. hehe

donakat
01-12-2010, 05:44 PM
I just spent 10 minutes trying to insert a photo of a layout into the chat window without adding it as an attachment. However, I've really doing something wrong because all I get is the url address.

Can someone please explain how this is done? Thanks. :confused1::confused1::twitcy::twitcy:

Lone, do you mean the Chat Window, or a forum thread window. I'm assuming the latter. As Lisa said, you need to right click on the image to get the correct address, then click the yellow image button and paste the address into the field, then click OK. When you finish, your text should look like this, with the following address enclosed between the bracketed image code markers (just change those curly brackets for straight brackets, and your layout will show up):
{IMG}http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/1023/Jan-2010-Junkie-Challenge.jpg{/IMG}

Scrappinsass
01-12-2010, 05:53 PM
YEAH!!!! I finally did it!!! Thanks heaps everyone!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Scrappinsass
01-13-2010, 12:46 AM
WOW I had some fun AGAIN... seems the address likes to change a bit.. and inserts numbers on the end of the address.. IE: http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/1023/Jan-2010-Junkie-Challenge.jpg?4348

Took me a while but figured out that with those numbers on the end, all I got was the url address and not the photo but as soon as I took the numbers and *?* off.. it worked fine. Not sure why that is but there you go! :confused1::twitcy:

donakat
01-13-2010, 09:12 AM
Lone, You'll want to take the image location from the image in your gallery--either the thumbnail or the larger image after you click on it. The example you just gave was from the post in a thread. I don't think you'll get the numbers afterward when you get the image from your gallery.

Scrappinsass
01-13-2010, 05:57 PM
Lone, You'll want to take the image location from the image in your gallery--either the thumbnail or the larger image after you click on it. The example you just gave was from the post in a thread. I don't think you'll get the numbers afterward when you get the image from your gallery.

ALRIGHTY then!!!.. ok.. my brain has just processed all this and I got it cleared up now!! Thanks for your patience and explaining it!! :biggrin: