PDA

View Full Version : Preshades!

marshmella
01-11-2010, 10:01 AM
I have been going back and forth on whether to have a set of preshaded elements with my kits. I was wondering if anyone actually uses them? I prefer to do the shading myself on my pages, but as a designer I was curious to know if people actually use them or prefer to purchase kits with preshaded elements?

donakat
01-11-2010, 11:16 AM
I definitely prefer things unshaded. I rotate and repeat, and put things at various angles depending on the LO, so I have to be able to do my own shadows. Thanks for asking!

SparkysGirl
01-11-2010, 11:26 AM
I prefer unshaded, too. I never use the pre-shaded elements. Thanks for asking!

tweederbug
01-11-2010, 01:03 PM
I know a designer who offers both in her kits .. you get the shaded and the not shaded elements. I prefer to shade my elements to give demention but I think that it is up to the scrapper. Everyone has different taste.

southflascrapper
01-11-2010, 01:07 PM
I prefer unshaded most definitely!!!

Scrappinsass
01-11-2010, 01:16 PM
I have to put myself in the *unshaded* camp. With all the arranging and re~arranging the last thing I do is add shadows. It's just more work if I have to take the shadow off something first before I alter it. Hope that helps and I'm really appreciative that you've consulted us! :biggrin:

geniaBeana
01-11-2010, 01:35 PM
I think most prefer unshadowed. I some times include a shadowed version of some elements if they are tricky to get the shading just so. Just in case.

marshmella
01-11-2010, 01:41 PM
I do mean having a non shadowed version with my kits too! Just wondering if it is a waste of time to add the shadowed versions of the elements if no one uses them!

Thanks for all the replies!!!! :laugh:

donakat
01-11-2010, 04:12 PM
Of course, if you include an element with a special kind of shadow, say for a curled edge, or a curved paper, I'd want to have the preshadowed version that you designed into it.

landofoz
01-12-2010, 01:53 AM
Nonshaded for me , and not too much advertising as it only get deleted as it takes up space on the hard drive'

regards maggie

HollyS
01-12-2010, 05:02 AM
Great question, what about for clustered elements included in kits?

Scrappinsass
01-12-2010, 12:52 PM
I guess some people may like things pre shaded and I appreciate that, however I would prefer no shading at all. I don't mind if you want to include both in a kit but, as with some things, if I can't find what I'm looking for, I pull other things apart and use them. If they happen to have shading on them, it just takes longer for me to get what I want.

So if there is a choice just between no shading and shading, I will choose no shading. If the designers want to include both.. then both worlds are happy. :biggrin: