PDA

View Full Version : Confused about printing

ATWIGO
01-10-2010, 08:39 PM
Hi all, I am brand new to the digital scrapbooking world. I am a very basic 3D scrapper. Shape scissors and stickers. LOL

I will be going on an awesome 3 week vacation to Europe and the Mediterranean and I wanted to showcase my photos. What better way than digital!

My question that just popped into my head and am having a hard time figuring it out is..... How do you print a 12 x 12 from your home printer? Does it actually fit?

Still really confused on this whole process and have tons of reading/research to do. Not even sure which program to get that is the most common one used/user friendly/best out there.

Thanks for all the future help I am sure I will be needing.

Nancy :confused1:

Scrappinsass
01-10-2010, 09:06 PM
Unless you've got a wide carriage printer ( we call them A3 in Australia) you can't really print them from home. However, GDS does have an excellent printing service. Check out the store here: Printing 12 x 12 (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=52)

ATWIGO
01-10-2010, 09:15 PM
Unless you've got a wide carriage printer ( we call them A3 in Australia) you can't really print them from home. However, GDS does have an excellent printing service. Check out the store here: Printing 12 x 12 (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/shop/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=52)

I saw that too and was wondering if that price is per sheet. Also, anyone know how long till you get them back?

If you don't go through here to print them, how would you get them printed.

This may make or break me with starting digital scrapbooking.

donakat
01-10-2010, 09:25 PM
Printing through GDS takes only a couple of days. You should have your sheets back within a week by my experience. It is an excellent service--the quality is wonderful. You can get cheaper prints done elsewhere, and you may even have a local resource. I have had 12x12 and 8x8 LOs printed at Costco for about the same price. Once you factor in the cost of quality photo paper and inks, plus the cost of a wide-carriage printer, I think you'll find it's cheaper in the long run to have the individual LOs printed. To me, ink jet ink is just a BIG headache and cost, and the printers don't last long. At some mass marketers like the Fry's Electronics chain, you can get a "throwaway" printer (NOT the wide-carriage kind) for the same cost as a set of ink cartridges. Named thusly so you can "Use up the ink, throw it away, and get another." Not kidding, really...

twirlyjoy
01-10-2010, 10:30 PM
The printing here at gds is awesome.

However, if you want to print at home, there is nothing to say that you have to print 12x12 LOs - I have printed some of mine at home at 8x8 and I was very pleased with them.

Scrappinsass
01-11-2010, 01:59 AM
The only one's I've had printed out so far were 8x8 ones and I had them done at the local department store. The quality was fantastic and inexpensive compared to printing at home. I guess it all depends on whether or not you want the 12x12 pages. :biggrin:

ATWIGO
01-11-2010, 06:10 AM
Thanks everyone. Eases my mind somewhat. Guess it was sticker shock at first. LOL

Maybe I will look around here to see who might be able to print them out. Have no clue where to go, but hope to find something locally.

tweederbug
01-11-2010, 06:14 AM
I have never had prints made here but those who have says that they are just FABULOUS. I called around and found a local printer to print them off. I was doing 12x12 but changed to 8x8. They are printed off for under $1.00. One thing I like about 8x8 books,they can set on an end table or coffee table without taking up space. I think that they look just as nice as the 12x12's.

agarzaldynrd
01-11-2010, 01:14 PM
I've had a few pages printed here and they are AWESOME!! I have now discovered books!!! I had a book printed through snapfish and found that my 12x12 layouts got cut. I now make 8x8s and am hoping they will fit without having to be cut.