PDA

View Full Version : 365 challenge

agarzaldynrd
01-10-2010, 11:35 AM
Just wondering, there is no "official" 365 challenge so I am assuming we are kinda on our own for this. So....if I start the 365 ch. can I enter my layouts in one of the other challenges officially?

honu
01-18-2010, 07:09 PM
I wanna do this...what's it all about? Do we take daily photos and do a month's worth on a layout or do daily photos and do a week's worth on a layout?

southflascrapper
01-19-2010, 04:59 AM
Hi Anna~

I wanted to let you all know what I am doing this year. I can't commit to an 'every day picture or week' committment, so I am doing what I have called a 'PROJECT 12'. I CAN commit to one beautiful perfect layout for each month. What I am going to do at the end of the year is have the book bound for a 2011 calendar and have 2 printed (one for us and one for my MIL), and possibly a memory book printed as well.

I know this is a little 'out of the box' regarding Project 365, but it is something that will work for me. I was considering a Project 52, then a Project 26, and I absolutely know that I can handle a 'PROJECT 12'. I just wanted to let you know what I was up to. Good luck on your Project 365's!!! I love the idea of it, but I know that I can't do it right now. I want to participate in a form of the original project idea, so I am doing my project 12.

Hugs,
Tracy

mosser77
01-19-2010, 05:33 AM
Hi Anna~

I wanted to let you all know what I am doing this year. I can't commit to an 'every day picture or week' committment, so I am doing what I have called a 'PROJECT 12'. I CAN commit to one beautiful perfect layout for each month. What I am going to do at the end of the year is have the book bound for a 2011 calendar and have 2 printed (one for us and one for my MIL), and possibly a memory book printed as well.

I know this is a little 'out of the box' regarding Project 365, but it is something that will work for me. I was considering a Project 52, then a Project 26, and I absolutely know that I can handle a 'PROJECT 12'. I just wanted to let you know what I was up to. Good luck on your Project 365's!!! I love the idea of it, but I know that I can't do it right now. I want to participate in a form of the original project idea, so I am doing my project 12.

Hugs,
Tracy

That's more my style - love this idea! Seems to be I can only crank out one layout a month for some reason, so maybe I can handle this. Totally dropped the ball on taking pictures since I haven't charged up my camera at all in 2010! :frown:

mosser77
01-19-2010, 05:34 AM
Just wondering, there is no "official" 365 challenge so I am assuming we are kinda on our own for this. So....if I start the 365 ch. can I enter my layouts in one of the other challenges officially?

I think that would be a great plan, Anna!

southflascrapper
01-19-2010, 05:50 AM
So then do a Project 12 Erin! Then you won't feel totally guilty. There's no way for me to keep up on a 365...I know that I can't do it right now. At least if you do a Project 12 you are still basically doing a version of the original idea :)

Hugs,
T.

That's more my style - love this idea! Seems to be I can only crank out one layout a month for some reason, so maybe I can handle this. Totally dropped the ball on taking pictures since I haven't charged up my camera at all in 2010! :frown:

elenasworld
01-19-2010, 08:41 AM
I have seen some Project 365'ers that take a daily photo -- I can't commit to that either.
My version of Project 365 is to make a page a week -- if I have seven photos, great, if not, I will journal about it instead. I am trying to make it fun and do-able for myself and if I felt I had to take a picture a day, that would be a chore, and I wouldn't do it joyfully.
I love all the templates that are out there to help too -- and I am thinking I want to try the two pagers, so I can use bigger photos and maybe journal more about one photo to make that one special. I so dont want the project to take the place of my everyday scrapping either.

I also love your idea Tracy of being ahead of the game on the calendars. every year I say I will make my monthly page so all I really have to worry about is December, but never seems to work like that. Your method is a great way to do both and have some special memories captured. Outside the box is a great way to scrap!

SlidingKat
01-19-2010, 09:21 AM
I did the 365 challenge last year successfully! I am so glad I did.

One photo per day with one layout per week containing 7 photos plus one monthly layout. I did cheat a bit...for example some days I didn't have photos so I just used another photo from around that time frame and I added photos of books I read and movies I saw and holiday graphics. Most times I was a month or two behind on completing the layouts (which made journaling harder).

Last year I made it easy on myself by picking one layout I liked and used that every week. I just changed the paper, added the photos and journaling and was done. Now I've gotten so use to and so fond of that layout that I can't find a different one that I like better to use this year.

When I go back and look at my 65 layouts from this project I am really glad I did it. It is like photo diary of my year where I get to see and remember all the little mundane stuff that happened. I want to have a hard cover 8 x 8 book made from them, but I'm a little too broke at the moment. But as soon as I get a windfall of $$$ I'll be ordering 3 books (i for me and one for each kid when they leave home).

southflascrapper
01-19-2010, 10:27 AM
I have noticed how popular the 365 project is this year. Everywhere has so many pretty templates and 'extras' geared to help assist people in achieving their goal this month. It has been made easier to do the project this year and it's way popular and the 'in' thing right now! I really wanted to do it, but I have to do the baby steps for right now :)
Good luck to all of you doing the full fledged project, I admire you! It was nice reading about your testimonial Katie after you were done doing the project.
Hugs,
Tracy

SlidingKat
01-19-2010, 10:32 AM
Thanks.

I posted most of my layouts in the 365 category in the gallery until the computers broke in October.

If I get a chance I'll go back and make reduced sized ones and upload them for the last 3 months.

agarzaldynrd
01-19-2010, 01:38 PM
I guess I shouldn't call it 365 since I'm already out of compliance with that....oh no, I've been at one too many "compliance" meetings today. Anyhow....I will take pics weekly then journal about what I don't have. I also want to do a one pager with the first letter of the month...similar to the one I did for November found this one to re-cap the month.
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/500/thumbs/N-is-for-November.jpg

so that will be about 64 or so pages....that's why I'll keep the weekly los at one page. I want to make a book, for me, at the end of the year so I want to keep the price down. Have fun ladies. I'm at week 4 and since I haven't fallen behind, I'm enjoying it.

Scrappinsass
01-19-2010, 01:57 PM
Wow!! So many great ideas.. my hat is off to you!! It's a huge commitment and I sure hope it all works out! I'm lucky if I get a few of the challenges done LOL.. :biggrin:

SlidingKat
01-19-2010, 04:48 PM
Thanks for reminding me about the letter templates. I've been meaning to go through and make a layout for each letter of my favorite books starting with that letter.

southflascrapper
01-20-2010, 02:39 AM
I love that letter template that you used Anna, it was very striking. It's a great format! Make sure to take a look around at all of the items that are online for 365 items, I have seen way too many! There is something out there for everyone~different strokes for different folks, every shape, size and flavor too!

Katie, I would love to see your updates in the gallery if you decide to reduce them!!!
Hugs e1,
Tracy

landofoz
01-20-2010, 05:14 AM
I guess I shouldn't call it 365 since I'm already out of compliance with that....oh no, I've been at one too many "compliance" meetings today. Anyhow....I will take pics weekly then journal about what I don't have. I also want to do a one pager with the first letter of the month...similar to the one I did for November found this one to re-cap the month.
http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/500/thumbs/N-is-for-November.jpg

so that will be about 64 or so pages....that's why I'll keep the weekly los at one page. I want to make a book, for me, at the end of the year so I want to keep the price down. Have fun ladies. I'm at week 4 and since I haven't fallen behind, I'm enjoying it.

anna, this is lovely I know i could not do it, or should i say not commit! I am already going around in Circles at the very thought:hairpull: I am sure you will make a good job of it. I must say i have made 4 books and some calenders. The calenders where very nice, as it was my ggrandaughters book photos,that i used. It made life a lot easier:goodluck:...maggie

diamndprincz
01-31-2010, 10:03 AM
I am going to do my best to join in on this. I will probably be using Tracy's idea of one layout per month. I missed starting with the first few days of the month of January so it wouldn't quite be a 365.

FJchickie
01-31-2010, 06:36 PM
I just completed my January page using Andrea Gold's January Double Template. It's not a picture per day, but it is 31 pictures for the month. I like at although I realized that I'll have to tweek the text when I spilt it into two. Also, I mostly grouped the photos by event, but I can't decide, maybe they should be random.

http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/photopost/data/500/medium/jan1.jpg

diamndprincz
01-31-2010, 07:26 PM
FJChickie: Great page for January! My pictures are soo random ...not necessarily a good thing. I like how yours turned out.

southflascrapper
01-31-2010, 11:14 PM
Lisa,

You really rounded out Andrea's double template very well with your January layout. Congrats on getting January completed, it came out fantastic!