PDA

View Full Version : sliced pic

agarzaldynrd
01-10-2010, 07:33 AM
Does anyone know how to take a pic and attach it to multiple pieces of a template so that the pic is sliced?

mom2snn
01-10-2010, 08:26 AM
I use paintshop pro so I'm not sure if I'll even help or not but here goes lol

I use my magic wand tool and make sure it's set to add not replace. If the spots you want the picture to show up are on different layers, click inside where you want the pic on each layer then click on your picture layer. Then click selections-modify-invert then hit your delete button, just make sure you are on your picture layer.

I hope this helps. If anything's not clear, please ask and I'll try to explain better.

britnkaysmemaw2
01-10-2010, 08:32 AM
Anna--I know you use PSE too. Just use the same pic, and you can move it around to get each section in each area. That would be a simple way to do it. I am sure there are better ways, lol.

FJchickie
01-10-2010, 09:51 AM
I duplicate the layer the photo is in and move that new layer over the new piece then group them.

Scrappinsass
01-10-2010, 02:01 PM
Anna, I had the same question but what I did was to merge all the layers I wanted the photo in and then clip it to that layer.. it worked fine. :biggrin:

donakat
01-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Anna, I had the same question but what I did was to merge all the layers I wanted the photo in and then clip it to that layer.. it worked fine. :biggrin:

I agree, this is my method, and easiest to do.

HSlater
01-10-2010, 03:27 PM
i use PS CS4 and i would use the clipping mask option :)

agarzaldynrd
01-10-2010, 04:36 PM
Thanks all. I'm going to try a couple of your ideas.