PDA

View Full Version : Past Designer credits

techie girl
01-06-2010, 08:30 AM
This may seem really dumb,but I have been wondering what to do with all the kits I have from GDS designers that are no longer designing here.Can I still use them and have them count as using GDs products? I always try to use only GDS kits to do my challenges.What is the proper thing to do?:confused1:
Thanks.

michellemomof3
01-06-2010, 09:29 AM
Great question, I've always wondered that too. I just make sure I use kits by designers who are still here.

tbcarter2002
01-06-2010, 12:23 PM
I don't think your question was dumb at all. This issue has come up before and I'm fairy certain (Holly or Debra will surely correct me if I'm wrong) that Holly or Debra one said that as long as the item was purchased from GDS, it counted as GDS product. Especially here lately, there's been a lot of coming/going of designers so I have a lot of products that are not that old but the designer is already gone. When I use one of these in my layout, I just list the designer's name and put "retired" out beside it.

Victoria32
01-06-2010, 12:57 PM
I hav eoften wondered about this too. Great idea to include the "retired" after the name Terri.

landofoz
01-06-2010, 03:30 PM
Me too, i have some kits that i have not used yet,
I am like a Bee too a honey pot when i see kits i like Buzz! Buzz!! Lol

Andrea
01-06-2010, 04:51 PM
I remember them saying if you purchased it here that it counted as a GDS product regardless of whether the designer was still here or not. :)

triciacurtis
01-06-2010, 05:17 PM
Great to know, thanks Andrea! I would imagine that also works for kits that have been retired but recently purchased.

britnkaysmemaw2
01-06-2010, 06:18 PM
Yep, I remember one of them saying too that as long as you purchased the kit at GDS whether they were still a designer here or not, you could use the kits for challenges.

Scrappinsass
01-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Yup.. that's what I remember reading too! In fact I just used one on January's Font Challenge and credited it to *former GDS designer* with name and name of kit. Couldn't put it in the GDS products field though cause that's supposed to be specific URL's from the store. :biggrin:

donakat
01-06-2010, 11:00 PM
If you have the keyword/product code from having used it before, you can put that in the keyword field and it will still sort with other LOs using that kit (yes, I'm compulsive and have them all recorded in a list...).

Scrappinsass
01-07-2010, 12:27 AM
If you have the keyword/product code from having used it before, you can put that in the keyword field and it will still sort with other LOs using that kit (yes, I'm compulsive and have them all recorded in a list...).

OMGOODNESS.. I'll just have to ask you for the keyword/product codes then !! lol... (just kidding)!!:wink::biggrin:

HollyS
01-07-2010, 03:12 AM
Yes confirmed it's ok :) Thanks for the great question!

techie girl
01-07-2010, 03:05 PM
thanks for all the replys.this is good to know because I too have GDS kits I have not used that were recently purchased and
I would hate to not use them.

agarzaldynrd
01-07-2010, 03:22 PM
How funny, I kinda make up my own unless it's for my CT.

OMGOODNESS.. I'll just have to ask you for the keyword/product codes then !! lol... (just kidding)!!:wink::biggrin:

emeraldsong
01-07-2010, 03:39 PM
Thank you! I have been wondering the same thing.

Laura

briarwoodpups
01-27-2010, 06:51 AM

Now when I download a kit, I put it in a folder with the name of the keyword as the title. One less thing I have to track down when it comes time to post layouts :)

britnkaysmemaw2
01-27-2010, 07:33 AM
Now when I download a kit, I put it in a folder with the name of the keyword as the title. One less thing I have to track down when it comes time to post layouts :)

That's a great idea Jayne!

SlidingKat
01-27-2010, 05:06 PM

Don't suppose you could be talked into sharing that list? . . .

donakat
01-27-2010, 10:04 PM
Don't suppose you could be talked into sharing that list? . . .

Sure Katie, anyone who wants it can have the list. It's not complete, always adding to it, but it's got a lot in it.