PDA

View Full Version : Transform photo to fit template shape

4theluvofscrap
01-04-2010, 02:57 PM
hello and Happy New Year to everyone!

I have a question that has been a problem for some time. when using templates where the boxes are quite small and transforming my photo to fit (before clipping) the photo sometimes gets skewed and the people look thin or fat.

how can I correct this and prevent from happening?? I will be forever grateful :bow2me:

thanks

scrappintwins
01-04-2010, 03:03 PM
What program are you using? In photoshop if you hold the shift key while resizing it will stay in perspective.

tweederbug
01-04-2010, 03:04 PM
I usuallt just shrink the size of the photo before I use the template. ANother way is to scale it .. this takes ome getting used to. I use CS2 so I am not sure with what program you use. Grab the corners .. not the sides to prevent them from looking to thin or narrow.

donakat
01-04-2010, 07:18 PM
Another possible way to do this is place the photo on top of the photo placeholder, then clip the photo to the placeholder. You can resize the photo, move it around, etc., without a problem. If you change your mind about where to put it, you can easily change things without having to bring the photo in again. As Sheila and Christy said, use the shift key while dragging in a corner to keep the proportions correct.

Scrappinsass
01-04-2010, 08:38 PM
Great reminder! I forgot about that old *shift* key.. Thanks Heaps! :wink::biggrin:

southflascrapper
01-05-2010, 12:14 AM
I am using Photoshop CS4e, but was using CS3e and 7.0 last month, and have always used SHIFT + drag to resize, it constrains the proportions as Christy and Dona have said below. Try to remember the shift key when dragging resize habit, you'll also use the same keys when you are dragging out a circle or rectangle shape marquee selection to make a circle or square shape :)

scrappintwins
01-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Oh and if you hold shift+alt while resizing the photo center will stay in place. So I usually center the photo where I want it and hold both keys to get a better visual of what size I want the photo to be.
I hope that makes sense. I make a horrible teacher lol.

landofoz
01-06-2010, 11:43 PM
If you are using photoshop CS4 turn your photo into a smart object,and that will keep the proportions