PDA

View Full Version : Help... GDS February Collab Kit Suggestions Anyone?

Debra
12-30-2009, 07:48 AM
We're looking for any suggestions :)

And whoever's suggestion we use, will be getting the February 2010 Collab Kit FREE! :roses:

So... what would you all like?

j_camargo6
12-30-2009, 08:52 AM
Oooh, what a GREAT idea! I can't wait to see what people come up with!

SparkysGirl
12-30-2009, 09:28 AM
When I look back over the years at the photos that I typically take, and therefore would need to scrap ... February is a slow month! Of course, you always think of Valentines Day (love, hearts, flowers), Presidents Day (patriotic) ... but, something I am behind on and would really like to scrap is my old heritage photos. So, I was thinking a Victorian or Vintage type theme would allow the flexibility of covering Valentines Day, Presidents Day without boxing designers into the typical elements that would be associated with those things. Muted colors ... with lots of earth tones with soft burgundy, teals, etc that would compliment older photos ...

donakat
12-30-2009, 10:06 AM
I LOVE Lisa's suggestion! It is a slow time of year, and we should get out those old photos and get going. I'd like some antique elements in the kit, too, that would go with the old photos.

j_camargo6
12-30-2009, 10:13 AM
What a fun idea!

daisydilly
12-30-2009, 10:15 AM
A victorian theme would be awesome but so would something that is shabby chic--if that style is still in. Also any torn or torn/curled type papers would be great for either of the kits. Maybe one of the designers would be willing to throw in a png template so we could make our own torn papers (those of us who don't own a program where we can make our own). I need to dig out my floss collection and give some color hints :no:

Whatever you choose is always great and by Feb I should be able to buy me something so I can't wait to see what y'all come up with

FJchickie
12-30-2009, 10:50 AM
It seems like most of the new kits here are very traditional looking - lots of flowers and ribbons. My thought would be for some bright, quirky, funky cupids and hearts.

CGOOD
12-30-2009, 11:04 AM
How about a theme centered around games. When it is cold out, my family loves to stay in and play
different games. Boardgames, cards, cribbage, Yatzee. I have not come across any kit that has dice or cards
in it, unless I have just missed it. Just an idea.

I do like the heritage theme also.

elenasworld
12-30-2009, 11:14 AM
I always looked forward to giving out valentine's to my class when I was little -- and now I love helping my dd to make valentine's for all the grandma's, aunts, and great grandma's. I always think of doilies made of paper and lace, and the ones shaped like hearts. i love the vintage valentines with scallops and the victorian looking cards/prints of little kids with puppies and kitties. i bring out the buttons and scraps of ribbon and lace -- all the things in my grandma's sewing box.

tweederbug
12-30-2009, 11:35 AM
A Valentines theme kit I think would work. I know that it is the traditional thing to do and there will be other designers that put them out there. I vinatge kit is nice BUT you can find vinatage kits everywhere anytime of the year. Just like at Christmas .. Christmas kits gallore for the holiday but they die out during the rest of the year so I stock up around that time to scrap my Christmas pictures for that year.
A Valentines kit that may not be the traditonal kit. Maybe not your normal reds or pinks.Throw in some blues and yellows for those boy cards that we need. Add some printable templates that we can make our own Valentine cards,chocolate wrappers and such for those Valentine parties that many little ones will be having. I even know a certain designer here that has cupcake wrappers that are awesome to print out :biggrin: .. you know who are!
Throw in some chocolate elements,ribbon,hearts,cupids,arrows and all the things associated with "LOVE". Maybe some wordart that is not so much "Be My Valentine" but just love quotes maybe even some enagement wordart ... alot of people get engaged on that day :love-smiley-011:! I could go on and on but the kids are driving me nuts and I must go. I will add some more later LOL!

Debra
12-30-2009, 12:49 PM
WOW.. these are great everyone..please keep em coming!

glonet
12-30-2009, 01:21 PM
I love the pinks and reds of Valentines and also love vintage and victorian. How about combining those!
Gloria

sparkles
12-30-2009, 01:46 PM
how about a sports kit, not too many of them, one for all different sports, basketball, football, soccer, baseball, softball, track, x-country type of thing

tweederbug
12-30-2009, 01:56 PM
I love the pinks and reds of Valentines and also love vintage and victorian. How about combining those!
Gloria

Yes .. I would say that if you were going to do a vinatge keep it in the Valentines theme. I like collabs that have printables like I have mentioned in a previous post. Maybe add a style to the collab .. I like when I get a kit that has a style. I am not an alpha person so maybe offer a different type of font that one of you wonderful designers have made :wink:. Maybe an action .. one that would work well to vintage a photo if the theme is vintage. I am just trying to think of things that might draw people in. I am an action junkie LOL!! Always looking for a good action.
I am sure that whatever you wonderful designers come up with will be awesome. I have just listed a few things that I look for to buy together or single out that might be nice in a collab.

techie girl
12-30-2009, 03:47 PM
How about a "Frosty Valentine" kit.One with a winter feel and Valentine theme but not traditional red.
Frosty papers,icy hearts,silver and gold elements.Someone mentioned a style,what about a frosty red paper style.Very elegant.

marshmella
12-30-2009, 04:27 PM
Great idea and so many awesome suggestions! Love it!!! :biggrin:

agarzaldynrd
12-30-2009, 05:38 PM
I agree with Tweederbug. I have 64 Christmas kits. That includes some quick pages and word art but does not include alphas or holiday templates. I love them all and used every kit at least once. I think I would prefer that you keep a Valentine theme because besides using it for Valentines Day it can also be used for weddings, first kisses, etc...

britnkaysmemaw2
12-30-2009, 05:49 PM
I agree with keeping with the Valentine theme, but love the idea of making it more victorian/vintage feeling. Regardless of what it is, you designers will always come up with something awesome.

Scrappinsass
12-30-2009, 08:31 PM
I have to agree with Lisa's idea. I like the idea of vintage/heritage mixed with romantic Valentines! Bring it ON!! :biggrin::biggrin:

Debra
12-30-2009, 08:48 PM
Oh my.. wait until you see the January Collab... Yowza!! I can't wait to post it!!

sorry.. back to Feb :wink:

Scrappinsass
12-30-2009, 09:40 PM
and THEN...... could you all be persauded to do a *camping/recreation* theme including extreme sports? .. /me begs...:wink::wink:

Debra
02-02-2010, 05:49 AM
It seems like most of the new kits here are very traditional looking - lots of flowers and ribbons. My thought would be for some bright, quirky, funky cupids and hearts.

Congratulations Lisa!! We took your suggestions for the inspiration of "Red Hot", the February Collab Kit.

I'm pming you with the information to recieve your FREE copy! :balloons:

Thank you to everyone for all of your wonderful suggestions!

FJchickie
02-02-2010, 06:32 AM
:vb_chirolp_iei: :vb_chirolp_iei: :vb_chirolp_iei: :vb_chirolp_iei: :vb_chirolp_iei: :vb_chirolp_iei:

I love the kit, thank you!!

:vb_chirolp_iei:

triciacurtis
02-04-2010, 03:56 PM
Congratulations Lisa!! :balloons:

j_camargo6
02-05-2010, 04:13 AM
Congrats, Lisa, and WTG on the smokin' suggestion!

dylabel
02-05-2010, 04:15 AM
WOOT! Love the kit and you won't be disappointed:)