PDA

View Full Version : Pet Red Eye Removal

agarzaldynrd
12-27-2009, 11:03 AM
I know there was a thread, perhaps it was a challenge, that gave us step by step instructions on how to remove red eyes from pet pictures. Does anyone remember this or am I just going nuts?

honu
12-27-2009, 04:06 PM
Yeah, I'd like to learn this too. Especially when the pet's eyes have that scary greenish, yellowish glow...kinda the opposite of red eye. That red eye removal tool just does not work to get that out.

hollandnancy
12-27-2009, 05:35 PM
We have Christmas gift guinea pigs and the red eyes are really bad -haven't tried the people red -eye removal yet.

donakat
12-28-2009, 08:16 PM
I am not sure what tools you have in Elements to remove the red-eye, but in Photoshop, you can use the color replacement tool (with the brush tool) to use a different color--I generally use a very dark version of the iris color and paint over the red (pupil) of the eye. Devil eyes in cats are much harder to work with--try to take a picture without the flash to avoid it.
There is another way to automatically remove red-eye in online paint applications. I know particularly that the Picnik (http://www.picnik.com/) application will do it, and probably Picasa has the same tool. It's simple and quick.

ajcs_mom
12-31-2009, 04:16 PM
Picnik.com has a great tool for this! When you go to red eye removal it gives you option for human or furball...works great!!

Scrappinsass
01-08-2010, 04:02 AM
Thanks for that! I've been painstakingly do it manually!! I almost thought I would count the individual pixels just to see how many I actually have to re-colour!! LOL :biggrin: