PDA

View Full Version : envelope templates

daisydilly
12-18-2009, 08:01 AM
Does anyone know where I can get a PNG envelope tmplate ( or do they even make such things???) for both a 4 x 6 and a 5 x7? I want to make cards and even though I have the templates you cut out I was hoping to find some I could use in my scrapbooking program. That way I don't waste ink printing a full sheet of colored paper. Any help will be appericated.

elenasworld
12-18-2009, 12:08 PM
I don't know about the templates -- I usually just trace the existing envelope I have and use that. You can open up the envelope, scan it, save as a .png.
then you would be able to contract and cut away the inside. That would leave you with just an outline of the shape.

I am too lazy, so I like to just print stuff to use as the liner. that way, i dont really have to measure anything, I just print my design wide enough to fit inside the envelope flap, tuck that inside the envelope and then trim the excess.

j_camargo6
12-18-2009, 12:20 PM
Oh, that's a great idea, Liz! I was looking on line for a template for you daisydilly, and didn't see anything I was really happy with. You can get envelopes for really good prices at a printer supply store, and then use Liz's idea for some fantastic customized envelopes!

daisydilly
12-18-2009, 02:45 PM
thanks for the help. I never thought about trying to scan one. I'm not sure Scrapbook Max will do that but hey it's worth a try. By the time I'm ready to make more cards I may find something thats good enough.