PDA

View Full Version : Anyone fancy Christmas in the UK?????

twirlyjoy
12-13-2009, 01:32 AM
How do you fancy coming over here for Christmas??

Wouldn't this (http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Christmas-Day-at-Warwick-Castle-FOR-SALE_W0QQitemZ150395737566QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_De faultDomain_3?hash=item230448d5de) make for a fantastic Christmas?

No cooking, clearing up, or anything like that - being waited on hand and foot!!!

Just had to edit this to say that we haven't had snow over here this year, and nor are we likely to over Christmas so the photo is a bit deceiving!!!!

littlesjd
12-13-2009, 02:26 AM
I'm actually living in Warwick at the moment not far from the castle, having moved over from Australia earlier this year. For a MUCH cheaper price i'm heading to Paris for Christmas! Although am very excited (and kinda scared) about the winter ahead! :biggrin:

twirlyjoy
12-13-2009, 05:05 AM
......... Although am very excited (and kinda scared) about the winter ahead! :biggrin:

lol - guess the winter will be very different to what you are used to!

elenasworld
12-13-2009, 07:06 AM
now that would be a great christmas
does the MIL have to be invited ?

ckbymommy
12-13-2009, 08:27 AM
now that would be a great christmas
does the MIL have to be invited ?

Hehehe, did you read the bidder questions at the bottom?

"Q: My mother-in-law always spends Christmas with us. We do not particular get on. Will the dungeon be open so she could have a room to herself for the day? Regards Tony
A: Yes, the dungeon will be available for your mother-in-law. We also have a gaol and bear pit if that is of use"

SparkysGirl
12-13-2009, 08:36 AM
Interesting idea for a Christmas trip! The MIL stuff is so funny!

britnkaysmemaw2
12-13-2009, 08:56 AM
Wow. What does that equate to in US dollars I wonder.

Liz--there you go, got the spaces all ready for the MIL. ROFLMBO

twirlyjoy
12-13-2009, 10:16 AM
Wow. What does that equate to in US dollars I wonder.

Liz--there you go, got the spaces all ready for the MIL. ROFLMBO

In dollars, it would be roughly double that! Not sure the exact exchange rate right now, but that will give you a rough idea!

I thought the MIL stuff was very funny too!!!

Gem
12-13-2009, 12:58 PM
Thanks, I'll take the castle for Christmas and I'll be sure to take my camera. Now, that would be scrap material-YKWIM?

donakat
12-13-2009, 02:34 PM
I think you could get a nice vacation for a week at Christmas at the Hotel del Coronado (http://www.hoteldel.com/holidays.aspx)--very festive at Christmastime--with room service and maids, and get away for a lot less!! And great weather usually, too--you can walk on their beach or skate in the temporary ice rink. And only about $2500! It all depends on what you consider necessary at Christmas...
I think I'll just visit my family for free:twitcy::twitcy: