PDA

View Full Version : Would you be happy .. honest oppinions please?

tweederbug
12-11-2009, 07:27 AM
My friend wanted me to do pictures of her little girl. I loved the smile in this picture but her eyes were kind of closed. I took her eyes from another picture and blended them in the best that I could. Does it look like a natural picture .. or should I try again. Thanks ladies ....
Before and After:
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc218/tweederbug2005/4x6beforeandafter-1.jpg

Finished picture:
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc218/tweederbug2005/4x6pictureinapicture-3-1.jpg
My feelings won't be hurt ladies ... honest please :biggrin:!

briarwoodpups
12-11-2009, 08:29 AM
Let me say that you did one heck of a job merging the eyes, and much better than I think I could do, but when I looked at the second picture, they didn't look natural to me. If I were the recipient, I'd rather have the original picture and then maybe an accent photo with a closeup of either the open eyes or face from the other photo in the layout. Now you'll have to show us the finished product, too :)

briarwoodpups
12-11-2009, 08:30 AM
But the photo on the right looks awesome!

Andrea
12-11-2009, 08:32 AM
I think it looks fairly good, but the new eyes look a little small compared to the unaltered picture. You might try enlarging them a little.

Debra
12-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Yep, I agree with Andrea... I like the photo but think her eyes would be more realistic if larger... great idea Sheila, I never would have even thought to do this!

tweederbug
12-11-2009, 08:51 AM
Thanks ladies .. I will continue editing.

tweederbug
12-11-2009, 08:53 AM
Yep, I agree with Andrea... I like the photo but think her eyes would be more realistic if larger... great idea Sheila, I never would have even thought to do this!

I have been wanting to try this forever and thought that this would be my chance. I just need to get here eyes looking more natural to make it the perfect picture.

tweederbug
12-11-2009, 09:24 AM
I made the eyes bigger ... does this work?
http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc218/tweederbug2005/4x6pictureinapicture-4.jpg

Would you know that I did something to it if I didn't show you thebefore picture?

britnkaysmemaw2
12-11-2009, 10:10 AM
Have to agree with the others about the earlier pics, but the one you just posted looks great. Had you not shown us the before pics, no, I would not have known you altered them. Great job.

briarwoodpups
12-11-2009, 11:24 AM
That looks better. Are her eyes kind of close together naturally? It looks like the eye on the right (her left eye) needs to be moved out just a hair, or looking more that direction just a tiny bit.

Andrea
12-11-2009, 11:49 AM
This looks much better. I think you could add some natural shadows right above and below her eyes on the new photo. The easiest way to do that is to take them from the other photo and put them on a new layer over the top of the new eyes. Then, decrease the opacity of the shadow layer until they blend in well.

donakat
12-11-2009, 12:07 PM
Looks to me like her right eye is tilted just a scooch to much upward on the outer end and is a scooch too high. Otherwise it looks great--very well blended.