PDA

View Full Version : Organizing digital Scrapbook elements

sspryte
12-09-2009, 12:10 AM
Ok how does everyone organize all thier scrapbook elements? I have Acdsee. and I have just started to create catigories and organize my stuff. But sometimes I want to have a element in more than one category. But it will not let me. Say I have a element that is a mushroom house...I want to put it in a category called mushrooms and also in one called Houses. But I can not seem to get it to let me put that same element in more than one category at a time. Is there a better program that will allow me that kind of flexability. I have probably over 40 GIGs worth of digital scrapbook stuff that I have collected over the years. I want to slowly get it organized so I can find stuff quicker.
:biggrin:

mosser77
12-09-2009, 04:07 AM
Ok how does everyone organize all thier scrapbook elements? I have Acdsee. and I have just started to create catigories and organize my stuff. But sometimes I want to have a element in more than one category. But it will not let me. Say I have a element that is a mushroom house...I want to put it in a category called mushrooms and also in one called Houses. But I can not seem to get it to let me put that same element in more than one category at a time. Is there a better program that will allow me that kind of flexability. I have probably over 40 GIGs worth of digital scrapbook stuff that I have collected over the years. I want to slowly get it organized so I can find stuff quicker.
:biggrin:

I use ACDSee, and love it. What you are trying to do is totally possible!! Make sure you are in Properties and not Organize. When you are in the Properties area, you can highlight the element you want to tag, and then just click on the appropriate labels. I wanted this star with my Christmas stuff and with the rest of my stars, so I just click on it and click on the empty box to put a checkmark next to the label.

southflascrapper
12-09-2009, 04:36 AM
Erin,

Thank you for explaining about tagging in AcdSee. I just picked it up last week and had NO IDEA where to start with the program. I myself have over 100 GB of digital scrapbooking stuff (oh yes, it all began when I bought an external portable hard drive and started collecting FREEBIES and buying digital items online over 2 years ago). My items are neatly arranged into folders, but I have so much stuff that I don't even know what I have anymore. Maybe this program can help me organize my stuff. I only have 41GB of space from a 160GB hard drive left.

I think I'm going to archive some of the stuff to dvd's, they hold several GB worth of items. Thank you for the suggestion and big hugs :)

triciacurtis
12-09-2009, 06:27 PM
You can also use the same sort of system in Adobe Bridge with keywords, star ratings, color labels, etc.

donakat
12-09-2009, 08:08 PM
I just learned from Andrea's class how to use the Collections feature in Bridge--a great tool if you want to select some particular kind of element from a variety of kits!

diamndprincz
12-15-2009, 05:13 PM
Great tip! I had no idea how to use Bridge...hadn't gotten around to looking into it.