PDA

View Full Version : Have You Ever???

twirlyjoy
04-10-2007, 06:57 AM
With it being a year (almost to the day), since I was lucky enough to meet Steph (the other moderator here at gds), I decided that I would be nosy like she often is (:wink: ) and ask you all whether you had ever met any of your on-line friends??

Last April, I was lucky enough to be able to take me and my girls on holiday to Canada for a month. We spent 4 weeks alternating between the house of 2 of my on-line friends, Marcie and Wendy who were friends themselves already, so we spent 4 weeks with them and their families. They also live near to Steph, so we were able to meet her and her gorgeous little boy Justin a couple of times too.

I'd love to hear whether any of you have met up with any of your online friends (and any internet romances too!!)

ckbymommy
04-10-2007, 07:07 AM
Besides you guys, most of my online friends are actually friends that I met in person first and now that we don't live close anymore, our friendship is mostly online.

No online romances, either, since I've known my hubby for nearly 18 years been married to him for over 16.

steph
04-10-2007, 09:10 AM
I was so very lucky to meet Joy, and Wendy, and Marcie, and of course my girlie girls!!!!! Joy and I still talk a lot and we even chatted over our web cams a few times!!! I love Joy to bits... even if she says I'm nosy... and I'm so glad I got to meet her. She is truly one of my best friends!!!

I have met one other person that I chatted with in another forum(Babyzone). She lived in the same town as I did, and we met for coffeee a bunch of times!

If I could meet some more people, I would have to say I would love to meet any of you on here, but especially Debra, Rebecca, Holly, and Melanie. I have had some personal struggles lately and even though these girls don't know me from a hole in the wall, they have hugely been my support system. I would love to meet them to give them a big hug and kiss!!! They really are the best!

My novel is now over, go back to your regularly scheduled programming!!!

Stephanie

okblues
04-10-2007, 09:38 AM
That is so great Joy! I haven't been that fortunate yet, but hope to meet some of you at some point in time! Oh, and no online romances either, lol.

HollyS
04-10-2007, 10:08 AM
Aw, I would so love to meet all of you too!!

casey4
05-17-2007, 03:13 PM
Yes, I have actually have met some of them. I cruised with a group of them last year.