PDA

View Full Version : Missing the Daily Downloads

californiateri
11-30-2009, 08:57 AM
What happened to the Daily Downloads? I noticed there hasn't been one since the 26th. Are they being phased out?

britnkaysmemaw2
11-30-2009, 10:01 AM
Sure hope not. Probably just a busy time of the year for everyone.

geniaBeana
11-30-2009, 10:27 AM
definitely not being phased out. Just a little holiday bump, I think.

crystals622
11-30-2009, 01:53 PM
There haven't been any daily downloads per say, but there have been lots of freebies offered lately.

elenasworld
11-30-2009, 02:50 PM
Here is a today's Daily Download (http://www.godigitalscrapbooking.com/forum/showthread.php?p=175632#post175632)

SlidingKat
11-30-2009, 06:32 PM
Glad to see they are back. I figured it was just a holiday thing as on GDS they aren't really a daily thing (days have been missed before). But I was a bit worried with all the discussion of the "freebie issue" on digital sites that they might be phased out.

Maybe I'm cheap, but I consider them as expected rather than an extra. Especially with money being so tight now, because they allow me to see what type of quality a designers work is before I buy. You can't really tell from previews, because previews are deceptive and often show items that aren't in the actual kit (meaning designer marketing elements or layout borders that look like they are kit items).

(Seems to be taking forever for people to get that when money is scarse using a lower price gets the money flowing and encourages people to buy more rather than creating artificial value by having a higher selling price to get every penny's worth of time, spent creating, paid for because of less sales).

Without coming to the site for daily downlaods I'd just be looking at stuff I already have rather than seeing and coveting new kit I want to buy.

For an impulse buyer like me they are a deadly money drain I couldn't live without.

Be well,
Katie

Debra
12-01-2009, 11:34 AM
Did we scare you all a little with that blip on the daily download program?!!

No Worries! They are back as always... one every day, sometime in the afternoon posted by our very fabulous Elenasworld aka Liz!

Thank you to all of our GDS Designers who are a part of this very voluntary program here at GDS!

We all appreciate your hard work and generous spirit! Especially during these hard economic times we are all experiencing. Taking the time to create these free daily downloads is especially wonderful when there are so many other things that have to be done in a day.

Hugs to Everyone!

britnkaysmemaw2
12-01-2009, 12:04 PM
Have to totally agree with Debra. Thanks so much to the awesome designers that give of their time and talents to share with us. I know I appreciate it very much. :wink:

twirlyjoy
12-01-2009, 12:15 PM
I agree with Debra - the designers here are very generous and, having designed myself a while ago, I fully appreciate how much time goes into creating these beautiful designs - and it is very generous of them to give them away free, especially as a lot of them rely on the money they earn.

GDS Designers are FAB!!!!

Surfs Up
12-01-2009, 12:27 PM
I am so glad the daily downloads are still here!!! Oh my, what would I do with out them. HAHAHA Thanks for posting them once again!!! :wink:

donakat
12-01-2009, 01:48 PM
The DDs are special goodies that are much appreciated. GDS is a great place to be, and the DDs just add value. Thanks to all the great designers who contribute them!:love-smiley-011::love-smiley-011::love-smiley-011:

californiateri
12-01-2009, 06:00 PM
Oh good - I love the DD and the DD Rewind Coupons. It gives me a taste of what a designer has to offer and which usually means I end up spending money in the store!