PDA

View Full Version : I love my little monster...

triciacurtis
11-08-2009, 04:36 PM
His name is Riley. He is 19 1/2 months old. He is a boy - all boy, so curious and into everything.

He keeps breaking my stuff.

He climbs up to where the out-of-reach 12x12 photo printer, and scanner are, and pushes every button he can. He took the printer offline and it took me a while to get it back online - thanks to hubby!

He constantly wants to sit in my desk chair, type on the keyboard and play with the mouse. He broke the left side mouse button (the back button) 2 days ago. Very sad.

Then...

last night he really wanted to be like momma. I changed his stinky diaper, took it upstairs to the diaper pail, grabbed jammies for him and came back downstairs. He had climbed up on top of my desk and wanted me coffee. It spilled EVERYWHERE. I came downstairs, was rounding the corner and heard a 'thunk' sound (the mug) and then a very quiet 'uh-oh'. He had maybe 4 drops on him. My desk, keyboard, 2 mice, tablet, calenar, external hard drive, computer, floor, chair, blanket... even the window and toys not in the vicinity had drips of coffee. Riley had maybe 7 drops on his belly. It was not hot coffee, I was about to warm it up again. No burns - no worries!

So, then while I was cleaning up the mess, he goes into the bathroom and unwinds half the toilet paper. So while I am winding that back up, he runs out again and unrolls the paper towel I was using.

I have no photos, I'm sorry. It sounds quite amusing right now, but last night I was so upset, I wanted to cry. My husband was laughing hysterically as I retold the story, wondering what had happened last night, seeing the roll of paper towel on the floor, and the mousepad in the kitchen. And now the keyboard and mouse are even worse than they were before. Riley is sending me a new set, sometime next week.

Oh how I love my little monster. He's the cutest monster I've ever seen, but definitely a boy monster.

It's a long story, thought someone might want a laugh ;p

elenasworld
11-08-2009, 04:57 PM
Oh boy! Boy oh Boy
I would have been crying then too
I hope you have recovered :)

(my dd has an imaginary friend called "little monster" who likes to do fun things like that all the time)

donakat
11-08-2009, 05:32 PM
My little monster (about 35 years ago!) was a big handful at 2 also. When we lived in a nice condo with a patio, I had hanging plants and container plants plus a few little spots of ground, all planted and growing great. One day he went out on the patio and proceeded to whack every plant pretty much to bits with a broom handle I think it was. I was quite steamed, and sad to see my poor plants so destroyed. But, I was soon ok, after giving him a long time out and commiserating with my DH. I got the plants growing again and soon had the garden looking nice. This was only about a month later, and (you can guess...) he DID IT AGAIN! Pinata-bashing kiddo creamed the whole mess and I think he even broke some pots this time! I was close to losing it and had to give him a long time out while I cried. I called my DH and said, "I don't know when I can let him out of his room, 'cause I might kill him!" Of course husbands just don't have a lot of sympathy for the garden messes unless they have to clean them up! Thank goodness DS never repeated that performance, and I'm proud to say he's a calm, upstanding citizen these days, after starting out as a little monster:head_hurts_kr:.

britnkaysmemaw2
11-08-2009, 05:50 PM
Oh my, you do have your hands full Tricia. I had 3 girls, so they never got into too many things.Thank Goodness. The worst thing we still tease them about is the night my DH & I came home from our weekly bowling league, and found ALL of the fish in our 20 gal. aquarium dead. Seems they decided to help out and feed the fish. Well, the lid came off and they dumped the entire can of fish food, which suffocated the fish and killed them. To this date, they still argue over who really did it. They each swear the other one did it, lol.

triciacurtis
11-08-2009, 07:14 PM
Thank you for the responses, and the amusing monster stories. Everything is cleaned up and still works, except the mouse doesn't work so well, the buttons are sticky, but a new one will be here soon. I am laughing today, and he has been *slightly* better, LOL.

JAB
11-09-2009, 05:02 AM
I had to laugh while reading your post....Not only have I been there...I am STILL there with my 7 year old. He can't seem to outgrow the toddler destructive phase. Now its just bigger messes, more expensive breaks, etc.

like you said....LOVE him...but good golly stop breaking things :)

Heather / HK Designs
11-15-2009, 08:58 PM
hehehe.. I have one of those myself.. he just turned two in august and is quite the handful into everything and especially loves mommys new computer.. if you take your eye off of him for a second he is into everything.. the toilet paper, he once dumped an entire pack of q-tips in the toilet and flushed.. what a mess.. and he is obsessed with toothbrushes and toothpaste.. hehe.. he is definately a boy monster too! :lmao:

scrappintwins
11-15-2009, 09:05 PM
I'm so glad it's not just my child that does stuff like that lol! Jaydan now insists that he can pour his own milk, full gallon or not. I've been cleaning up lots of milk spills the last few days. Hard headed child lol...:twitcy:

lgameau
11-16-2009, 10:03 PM
Oh my gosh Tricia, Riley sounds like Aby!
She is always trying to touch one of our computers and she "flicked" milk over my computer the other day! She pulls stuff off the desk, then plays with the mouse. I have to make sure that everything is saved before I leave my computer, as things will move across LOs.
But at the moment, she wants to play "Legoland" on my computer the whole time! I have to admit, she is mastering the mouse very well, but I think it is time we bought her a computer, or bought ourselves a new computer and hand down one to her!